love is not hunted, it finds you

Lost in the Love Lane - Teen Top OTPs One-Shot Collection

*I keep on playing I'm Sorry by Teen Top, I don't know if it's their voices or the melody, it just hit me.

*And I'm sorry if I've decided to choose NAP once again, does it show that 'cough' they're my number one 'cough' otp in teen top? I just adore these two when they start being playful with each other.

*Enjoy!

 

#4-N.A.P.

 

He regretted looking at his self on the bathroom’s mirror, seeing those bruises and pale violet spots already painted on his pale skin. Yet he can’t look away either, and it has been a long time since he accepted this disgusting life of being used by others, mostly older men or women, who are capable of paying for everything he can’t

Outside the hotel room’s window, he noticed the city at its peak, lights in every nook and corner and without being down there, the sounds of car horns blaring in attempt to escape the traffic in a hurry to reach the comforts of their homes and of people jostling on their own business are alive in his mind.

It irks him though, knowing that while others down there are having the adrenaline rush out of experiencing the fast-paced city life, he’s staying the night with an old man reeking of alcohol and tobacco and tiring his self from a sadistic act the geezer wanted to play in bed.

Every pain that shoots throughout his body and the uneasiness of limping due to the sore back and hip in the morning after his customer leaves is accompanied by a heap of cash enough to give him a taste of luxury for a day or two. And to add the fact that he could wish anything before his boy is abused in the customer’s house or a nearby hotel, yet it wasn’t all worth it.

He wasn’t enjoying any second of it. He had done it so many times he got used to it already and no attachment is ever born. He’s scarred both in mind and body, and he knows he’ll never be able those memories from his system, and it’ll be there to torture him in every single dream.

If he ever gets lucky once in a while, he manages to find someone rich who’ll ask him out properly, progressing into a relationship with him as the passive and submissive one as usual. Through this, finding men and women who says he’s really attractive and flirting with them casually, he’s able to travel to places he never imagined of reaching, and he could use those days without looking for another dominant man to pleasure. But then, every single one of those ends up with him being replaced by someone younger or more charming or far attractive, but he doesn’t care at all. It’s not as if he’s emotionally dependent to them.

All in all, they’re just using each other, like a simple symbiosis in the current society. Him, to survive each day, and his partner, to have the attention and warmth they’re craving for. He never fell in love with any of them, though he actually liked a few. And those he admired were men with protected names, with families that awaits for them to come home without any doubt of what he’s actually doing with another guy, or not courageous enough to take a risk of losing their riches in exchange of showing their hands clasped together in public. Of course he expected that, knowing for a fact that he’s far from being the eligible guy who could boasted in the society. He was just another nameless face in the city who’s got no home or riches of his own and let’s his body be abused by predators to avoid being the ultimate prey that is let loose for the game of kill.

Looking at his reflection on the glass wall, he noticed as well that he became thinner than he already is, and that the dark circles under his lambent brown eyes are not going any time sooner. He realized how less his customers would be with this current state of him, overworked and aged, though he’s still supposed to be honing his talents and skills in college.

Hearing the rustle of bed sheets, he silently traversed the cold floor with his barefoot, flinching from the contact of bare skin towards smooth marble, and carefully laid back beside the still snoring man, who’s blanket is sprawled away from his upper body, exposing his protruding belly and loose skin.

Tomorrow, he’ll be receiving the remaining payment and fill himself, rest for a while and be back into hunting for customers who’s got weakness for young and cute guys like him.

==

”Be my muse.”

The determined look on those small eyes was not enough to make Niel agree to his wish. It was not because he finds the other the kind of person no one could trust, the man in front of him look decent, yet if it was not a customer that could provide him the right amount, he’s not entertaining him.

It all started when he was trying to indulge his self with his favorite ramen in a convenient store, where he eats his breakfast, lunch and dinner. Trying to do it silently was impossible, since he felt like he hasn’t eaten properly for days after having a hard time of looking for customers, so he slurped on the soup and eat the noodles sloppily, not caring about others who are inside the comfort of the air-conditioned vicinity. That’s when a serious looking guy wearing black shorts, shirt and jacket, carefully approached him, removed his cap and asked the question, trying to sound nice as possible.

‘’Please. You know I-‘’

‘’I’m sorry, but I’m not interested. And you don’t want to be seen around me, and especially near me.’’

‘’And why is that? You look harmless. And I really need you to be my muse.’’

‘’Perhaps, you’re new here, so you don’t know me yet.’’

‘’The person’s history or life is not my basis of choosing my muse, and as long as my work’s finished on time, it’s enough reason for me to work with them and now, with you. By the way, the name’s Bang Minsoo.’’

‘’And I’m telling you as well, that I don’t care about you or what you do. Now back off or I’ll spill this remaining ramen to you.’’

‘’Here’s my number, if you ever change your mind about it, contact me, I’ll make sure to answer you immediately.’’

A small bow and the stranger got his bag on the table he was sitting earlier and left the store with a small smile, still hoping that the frowning guy would agree to him. It was not because that guy eating his ramen was attractive like those pretty girls or well-built like any other men their age, it was his whole being that called to him. The melancholy was overwhelming, it shows in his brown eyes that are trying to be fierce, and he looked so frail he wanted to make it alive in his canvas well, to make everyone who would look at his next artwork want to protect it as well.

And he’ll try even if he looked crazy annoying in front of his muse’s eyes, he needed to draw him so badly, his hands itch to start this next project.

‘’Bang Minsoo huh, yeah right, who cares.’’

The subject of his thoughts though doesn’t have any plans of helping him, crumpling the paper with his number to the nearest trash bin.

==

Days passed and he felt frustrated than ever. There’s no news about his muse, and he doesn’t seem to catch him around the neighborhood as well. Crumpled sheets of paper torn from his sketchpad were strewn all over his studio, trying to sketch the beauty he has seen all throughout the city, yet they were not breathtaking, there was something missing and he knows, this project could only work if that guy he met agreed to his proposal.

Feeling his stomach churn from the nonstop work, Minsoo decided to take a break and buy ramen for dinner, still keeping his first goal in mind, but for now, he needs to eat to be able to think well and accomplish his task at hand.

Buying three cups in case he got hungry at midnight, he came out of the convenient store while rubbing his temples, when he noticed shadows of probably a couple arguing nearby, and him not caring about all those kind of headache inducing problems, started walking away, but his ears perked up after hearing a familiar voice that rejected his offer days ago.

Without thinking twice, he approached the two figures and pulled Niel away from the person who almost slapped the trembling guy, and making him stand behind him seeing that the bigger guy wanted to grab the thick-lipped guy again.

‘’So you’ve ditched me for this boy huh, and you’re trying to double-cross me thinking that I won’t know about your games?!’’      

‘’Wait man, you should go now  or I’ll report you.’’

‘’Wow, someone actually wanted to protect you Niel, that’s right, ‘cause that’s what you want us to believe right?  I don’t care now, you two do whatever you want, and for your last payment, then contact me again or you won’t get it. Let’s play around next time. And don’t try escaping me again or you know what would happen.’’

And when he thought it was over, Minsoo’s eyes grow larger than it could when he saw the big guy pull Niel into a sloppy kiss, and out of instinct, he punched him in his gut, making him stumble backward. Seeing this as a chance to flee, he reached out to Niel’s right hand and pulled him, the sound of their ragged breathing is all that they could hear while running. When the small-eyed boy felt that they were in a safe distance from the source of problem, he let go of Niel’s hand and held his shoulders, checking him for any serious injury.

“Let go of me!”

“I was just making sure if-”

“Stop acting as if you really care! I was trying to get a customer and you ruined it all! What were you thinking huh, that I’ll be grateful ‘cause you tried being a hero back there? Well I’m sorry mister, but you did not help at all. And stop barging on my own business!”

“What, do you mean?”

“I sell my body for a living, did that shock you? Very well then, I’m sure you won’t pursue me anymore to-”

“Then I’ll be a customer. I’ll pay for your time, so starting today, come with me and be my muse.”

Niel almost laughed, almost, if it wasn’t for the same determination he saw in the painter’s eyes from the day he first asked him. And all he wanted to do right now was shout at him for the last time and walk away, thinking that a mere artist like him could not pay him enough. He’s smart, and he knows that he should contact the guy earlier, the one who owns two Lamborghinis and some well-known hotels around the metropolitan, yet seeing the pitiful look on Minsoo’s face, he couldn’t help but give it a chance.

“Fine, make sure to pay me well or I’ll back out even though you’re not finished with your work at all.”

Minsoo couldn’t help himself from smiling widely, making Niel bit his lower lip to avoid the grin slowly forming on his face.

==

Sitting on a high wooden stool while trying not to lose his balance was a simple deed for Niel. He actually thought he’ll be a model and this Minsoo guy was actually some serial killer who’s target is someone weak-looking like him, blame his wild imagination, but after living his life, it’s not easy to trust anyone anymore, even that person who looks the kindest and helps others wholeheartedly might be doing it all for his own good.

It has been almost a week since they worked together, and he’s currently living on the painter’s apartment, eating together and sleeping on the same bed, since it’s all cramped with all his finished works and art materials. Boxes are all also scatters on the floor, most are still unopened, showing that he just transferred here not a long time ago. And he felt safe and satisfied despite of the simple way of living. Not even once did Minsoo tried to harm him or do anything that could make him run away.

‘’Alright Niel-ah, that’s all for today, common, I’ll treat you to dinner. There’s a newly-opened curry food store near here.’’

‘’Wait. You’re almost finished with that painting right?’’

This stopped him from his tracks. But he did not look back to the brown-haired boy, afraid to show his expression.

‘’Ah, yes. About a day or two it’ll be finished.’’

‘’Then I could go after that, right?’’

‘’…yes.’’

‘’Since I would not be your muse anymore, mind if I apply for a different position?’’

‘’Huh?’’

Fiddling with the hem of his plain white top, Niel approached Minsoo and tried reaching out to the boy still back-facing him, but he dropped his hand before he could do so, not wanting to make him afraid of his sudden actions.

‘’I don’t mind,’’ Minsoo answered as he looked back at Niel who smiled at what he heard, and took the brown-haired guy’s hand. Walking together, they did not speak a word and decided to just looked at what’s in front of them.

They would be judged, that’s for sure, and it would take time before Niel could totally heal from the life he got used to, but Minsoo, he would not mind helping him all the time and respect him like any  other despite of the label attached to him, and protect him from those lustful eyes and predators that will try to catch him in the process.

Because he believe that Niel deserved to be loved and cared for.

 

*Sigh, I can imagine them hugging like there's no tomorrow, and why do they look just right for each other? Anybody out there that agrees with me? They really look good together right? sigh...

*I'd be hopeful that they'll be a real couple one day, how I wish...

#NAP.for.the.win