True Confession

Heart Attack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flying from Seogwipo back to Korea was very saddening for the both of us, but we were glad we spent our week with fun filled memories. We were picked up from the airport by our parents, and we had to go our separate ways to go home.

I wasn't used to our normal life, since I was with him by my side for a whole week. "Did you guys have fun?" My mother asked me when we were in the car going home.

"I did! We went on tours around the island and went on an adventure and discovered a lot of cool things," I say excitedly. My parents could only wear smiles on their faces listening to me tell stories I had.

After a couple days of being at home, I was homesick and wanted to go out more with V, but of course that wouldn't happen often. So we texted each other ever more often.

We met up every single night, and talk about the strangest, weirdest topics anyone could imagine, enjoying each other’s company greatly. I was living my life together with V in a frozen picture that I forgot reality was right outside my door step.

One day, after texting him, he suddenly didn't reply for a whole day. I called him afterwards, wanting to know why. And that was when things began to change.

Our meet ups at night were beginning to die down, as well as V's participation in making conversations. He was blank most of the time, as if in his own world often.

As time gone by, V was making less and less appearances, and that made me worry. His parents told me he was attending a study group, but I knew there was something that wasn't right.

Each time I get to see him, I've noticed he's been getting thinner and had darker eye circles around his eyes. He would say everything was okay, but I couldn't believe it.

When I asked him why all of this was happening the 100th time at his doorstep late at night, he had another thing in mind. "Come with me. I have something to show you." He led me towards the playground. It was night time, and the moon was hiding behind the clouds, providing a little light to see.

He stopped walking, and stood directly in front of the swing set. He then turned around. From here, I could see his eyes sparkling in the night sky. "I've never gone here at night before." I say, looking around. "Is this what you wanted to show me?"

"No." He shook his head. "I only said that to make you come down here with me. I actually wanted to say something to you." He lowered his head and walked forward, so now he was standing face to f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter