Lovely Text

Heart Attack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I watched his stomach as it heaved up and down as he took in each breath, as I knelt beside his bed. It was an effort to get V all the way back to his house, when he was half frozen and dead, and it was more of an effort for me since there was no one, I ended up being the one to care for him tonight.

I sighed, and reached forward to feel the wet rag I placed on his forehead. It was already dried out and hot, due to his now growing fever. I then took the rag and dipped in back in the ice cold water in the bucket beside me, and twisted out the excess water before I placed back on his forehead, to which he began to relax under.

I haven't gotten him the medicine yet, so I got up and picked up the bucket with me, and out his room to find medicine for his fever. I walked into the bathroom, and opened the mirror cabinet to find many pill bottles, but all of them were for other things, not for a fever.

I then went downstairs, and searched in the kitchen area. I opened the last cabinet in the corner wall, and I was greeted with many shelves of pill bottles and other types of medical containers. I frowned. I've heard that V's mom is a doctor, but seriously why do they have so many pill bottles? I shrugged. Maybe she wanted sample pill bottles or something, who knows.

I reached forward and grabbed the top bottle that read Tylenol in red letters, and closed the cabinet. After heading upstairs, I made V sit up and gave him the pills for his fever, and gave him a glass of water to wash it down.

After he swallowed and drank the water, he pointed weakly at his dresser. "You want me to get you something in there?" I asked him, and he nodded. I got up, and walked towards his dresser.

It took me two tries to pull out which slot he wanted me to open for him, but I managed. It was the last slot, and I pulled it out to revel... whiter pill bottles.

Why... were there so many pill bottles? I looked back at V to see if there was a sign of anything, but he just normally waved his hand for me to get a bottle. "Which one?" I asked. "Green cap. Blue cap. And Red cap." He said, and I saw it and pulled them all out.

I walked back to him, and gave him the bottle. I watched him open the cap and take out one of each in his hand. The way he leans his head back as he shoves the pills into his mouth, it was like he was used to it. As he gulps down the water, I just stared at him without any thoughts.

When he finished, he placed the glass down, and lay back down. This time, he didn't close his eyes. He was looking at me, but I was unable to look back at him.

His fingers found the fringes of my hair that escaped from behind my ear. He carefully placed them behind my ear, and made a noise like a "Hmph" as a short smile reappeared on his lips. His eyes were on mine. "You're staying," He whispered.

When I didn't reply, he knew something was a little off. "What's wrong?" He asked me, his fingers trailing down from my hairline to my cheek. "... How are you feeling?" I asked him instead, and he suddenly crossed his eyes and puckered his lips.

"I guess you are doing good... okay I'll go home

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter