Strange Boy

Heart Attack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sat in front of the mirror, daring not to raise my eyes in front of me to see my reflection just yet. My mother sat behind me, combing through my long hair with her fingers, and sighed deeply.

"Are you sure?" She asked me. It was almost the 50th time she had asked me the whole summer, but I continued to nod my head with no sign of impatience towards her.

I was absolutely sure about my decision to cut my hair short. I felt the first snip of the scissors, and when I looked down at my lap, a long strand of hair was in my lap.

I hesitatingly touched it, and held it in the palm of my hands as I examined it curiously. Suddenly, I started to have flashbacks of the memories I had with him before things went downhill when I found out one night he wasn't faithful to me.

"Your long hair is the most prettiest I've seen. No other girl can beat it." He once said, his fingers lacing through my hair one breezy day at the park, and started to braid it wrongly since he didn't have any sisters or teachings on how to braid.

I remember that one compliment made me feel loved for the first time, but it was only for a quick moment more when I saw him with another girl at a cafe, a few weeks afterwards, running his hand though her hair and saying the same thing towards her when he said it to me in the first place.

I blinked, and I was back to reality. "It's finished." My mother said, and I looked up at myself in the mirror. I was almost unrecognizable, and I liked it that way.

Now, I don't have the scent of his fingers running though my hair anymore, nor will anyone else have that privilege. I touched the end of my hair strands, seeing it was truly short, and I began to grow to take a liking of it. I smirked at myself, and sat up taller.

It was me. And I loved it very much. My... SHORT HAIR

Just like another year of high school, another summer has passed, and school was back again. Unlike most students... I was glad summer was over.

"Taeyeon! It's time to get up for school!" My mother banged on my bedroom door, and I began to groan, pulling my warm duvet covers over my head to help snuffle the noise out.

Well... at least not the waking up part. It was such a wrong idea to stay up until 2 in the morning finishing up my favorite drama when the next day was the first day of school.

Particularly My Love From the Star. "TAEYEON. WHAT DID I SAY THE FIRST TIME-" "Mom! I'm up!" I finally say, and sat up from my position, my eyes puffy and half open. I then yawned loudly, and tasted my morning breath, and made a face.

"I made breakfast downstairs! Hurry up and brush your teeth and get dressed!" When I heard her quick paced footsteps going away, I leaned over, and laid my head back down onto the pillow and hugged it, wishing I could stay in my bed forever and ever.

After forever just getting out of bed, I walked sluggishly towards the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror, still not getting used to seeing myself with short hair now. I shrugged, and began to brush my teeth and take a shower.

After that, I walked back to my bedroom, and opened my closet dramatically. "What should I wear to the first day of school..." I say to myself, tapping a finger on my lip as I glanced back and forth.

"Oh this one of course!" I say sarcastically in an excited tone, and reached forward and pulled out one of the many black shirts I owned. I decided to dress up a little, pairing my black cropped shirt with a skater skirt, along with my new converse highs.

After putting on my makeup, which consists of black eyeliner and dark pink lips, I threw my backpack onto my shoulders, and ruffled my short hair in the mirror so it would give off a puffy look to my bob.

I was ready. This was my new look, my new side and personality to start this year. I was no longer the Taeyeon who was full of aegyo and sweetness.

I smirked at myself in the mirror, and turned and walked out of my bedroom. On the way out the door, my Dad gave me another long lecture of my new dressing, for which, I blocked him out by putting earphones in my ears, and popped mint gum into my mouth, chewing loudly while at it.

I've heard enough of my "wild behavior" and "inappropriate dressing" last summer, and just about enough from my dad on the way to school.

"Have fun at school now Taeyeon," my dad said as I opened the front door, and was about to walk out. "And pull your skirt down, it's too high!" I rolled my eyes, and pulled my backpack up and onto my shoulders, placing a black beanie onto my head that has the words BADDEST FEMALE in bold print.

Upon seeing it, my dad just sighed. "Taeyeon, what did I just tell you-" "Bye Dad!" I said goodbye as I slammed the door shut, interrupting him and turned and walked in the direction towards the school.

As I walked, I turned music up, letting it distract me as went. While I did, I looked at the houses in front of me, and saw one with the new sold sign. That house has been always empty for years, and I didn't realize it has been sold. I haven't been realizing things as much as before ever since we had broken up.

The song

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter