War

Psychotic Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was at a loss for words. Those words that came from the organ between his lips brought diverse emotions to Jangmi's confused mind, likewise her throbbing heart. 'I love you too' were the words hanging on the tip of her tongue had she managed to swallow back in the posterior portion of her skull. She couldn't say it to him. Not yet.

She couldn't really point out what dominated her mixed up feelings. She was elated. She was inwardly jumping in joy, but her external appearance was trembling. She was scared.

She was elated by the fact that he felt the same way she did, but scared to tell him her bottled up feeling for she's bound to leave him soon. She was battling with that ordeal. She wanted to win that war, but knowing that either one of them could die, even worse, both of them only made her concede that instant.

She wasn't mentally nor emotionally prepared from his sudden confession. She froze on her spot, where the warmness of his touch enveloped her hand. His gaze brought nothing, but those booming fireworks dancing in her eyes.

How crazy it was to think that a person with such mental aberrations could think and react better than a person with healthy mentality at times like this. He was struggling when those words of affection left his heart. 

It was only when he was lying on his bed, he realized that his profound affection was left unanswered. He didn't mind. He wasn't expecting anything. Even he wouldn't know what to feel if she told him she loves him too, or if she told him she didn't feel the same way.

He couldn't let himself suffer more for what was about to come, but he couldn't not let her know either. He didn't want to be anywhere, but in her arms. She was his refuge, his home. And the thought of staying in that home etched into his soul.

Not only she was fighting for something, but him as well. He was fighting morefold than her. He was weak, yet he was determined. He was begging his self to not be vulnerable. He was fighting every demon that was trying to get into him over and over. With only her smiles that was flooding his mind, he knew he had the best weapon in this dangerous, nameless war.

He closed his eyes as he once more envisioned her frozen state. He knew he put her in an awkward and confusing situation, but he didn't regret those words of affection- his burning passion.

Her absence, it was so eerie that all he did was to think of her. Every second of being locked up inside the white, plain room, he missed her. He wanted to be where she was, but all he could do was to wait for her. He was amazed of how his mind somehow thinks well despite of the indisputable fact that its functioning deviating.

 

Little gushes of wind brought about by the calm weather got in contact with the external protective layer of her body. She admired how clear the sky was and how the clouds were able to hide from her vision.

It was ironic though, how the peaceful view right in front of her eyes wasn't an epitome of what she was really feeling inside.

Unknowingly to her, a tall figure had been just about to head to the kitchen to grab himself a glass of water for thirsty unreasonably woke him up from his deep slumber, but her wistful existence in one of the verandas of their apartment building, where he lethargically passed by, had managed to stop him involuntarily.

Even when it was only her back that was facing him, he could tell who that person was and to say that he was surprised to see her there and awake that early was an understatement for it was a Saturday and not that he was oblivious to how each and every one of his classmates were dying to snuggle on their beds and be in Dreamland until Evenfall.

That tall figure walked towards her direction and noiselessly settled behind her. He had to tilt his head from the side to have a view of her side profile and that made his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter