Don't Ever Leave

Psychotic Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To say that Jangmi was too elated to see Kai was an understatement for she found herself climbing up the stairs with happy, huge steps and a wide grin apparent on her face.

Her eyes glistened at the thought of her spending some time with him again. The thought of making another set of happy memories with him warmed the hell out of her.

How she wished for those happy moments to last.

She didn't even let the thought of leaving him soon affect her good mood.

Though that current disposition of her drastically vanished when her eyes landed on an old man.

Maybe not that old for the latter looked as if he's the same age as her father.

To say that the excitement she felt a moment ago faltered was an understatement for the smile that was dancing gracefully on her face was immediately replaced by a frown.

The man leaned his back at the door of the room where she was heading at. He was wiping those tears that stained his wrinkled face.

Her heart ached seeing the old man in that state since she was as if looking at her own father. She never wanted to see her father in that kind of emotional breakdown. Oh how she hated to see someone so hurt.

She was, at first, a bit hesitant to walk over to the old man, but, she, unknowingly found herself coming towards him with her now, small, careful steps.

She didn't know what to do when she was just a few meters away from him. And the sight of the man who looked like the old version of Kai didn't help her confused mind either.

She hastily fished her handkerchief out of her uniform's pocket and handed it to the crying old man. The latter was surprised by her presence for he, immediately, harshly wiped the vicious streaks of liquid flowing generously from his eyes, refusing the hanky.

He straightened himself and cleared his throat to somehow hide his trembling, almost giving up systems. He didn't want anyone to see him that weak.

How the old man wanted to keep all his sorrows on his own.

How he wanted to just walk past the young lass, ignore her kind offer, but he didn't. He simply couldn't. He felt as if there was more to the young woman than her physical qualities. There was more to her than her kind, caring aura.

She looked at him, her face showed nothing, but empathy. She understood his feelings. She knew where that old man was coming from and so she placed back the piece of cloth in her uniform's pocket and asked.

'Are you okay, Sir?'

She knew her question was absurd and somehow sounded insensitive, but you couldn't blame her. She didn't exactly know what to do neither what the right words t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter