Comeback home.

Let's cuddle. wait .. what ?!

That day I went back home early since Zelo wasn’t going to spend time with me , I had three extra hours to waste but I didn’t know how , reading a book seemed like an idea I’m tired of repeating , looking at the window reminded me of my dead grandma because it was her favorite spot in the house , I couldn’t leave the house and I blame U-kwon for that ; because he wasn’t just my boyfriend but also my only best friend.

I just sat drinking my coffee and thinking about Zelo , thinking about his smile and his joyful company. I cried at my ominous heart that couldn’t stop liking him , I grabbed my phone and called U-kwon , my quivered hands irritated me but I managed to dial U-kwon’s number.

 

“hi babe,” U-kwon answered.

 

“h-hey ..”

 

“what a coincidence ! I was planning on calling you few minutes ago , I freed one hour just to talk to you”

 

A tear fell from my eyes , my voice sounded chagrin and pique so I took a breath before continuing the phone call , “U-kwon , do you love me ?”

 

“of course I do , why asking all of a sudden ?,” asked U-kwon without hesitation

 

“then come back home , I want you to come back”

 

“wh-what’s wrong Hanna ? you sound preoccupied”

 

“no U-kwon I am beyond preoccupied , I’m losing my mind”

 

“it’s Eun-mi , right ?”

 

“what ? what are you talking about ?”

 

“n-nothing … you know .. let’s just calm down , you should drink some water and rest a bit”

 

“no U-kwon , my life is simply upside-down”

 

“what exactly happened babe?,” U-kwon sounded serious so I knew I finely caught his attention.

 

“I’m lonely and empty , you left , my grandma died and my parents reappeared”

 

“wait wait … your grandma died ?! when ?! how ?!”

 

“she died two weeks ago”

 

“why you didn’t tell me Hanna ?!,” said U-kwon with angry tone

 

“I tried !! you just never gave me time ! you’re always busy , you even hanged up the phone on me when I wanted to tell you”

 

“I .. I didn’t know.. how messed up !”

 

“I didn’t tell you the worst part ..”

 

“there’s worse than this ?”

 

“yeah ..”

 

“wh-what is it ?”

 

“I’m falling for someone else ..”

 

A full minute of silence passed , “I’ll pretend that I didn’t hear what you just said”

 

“I’m being honest U-kwon …”

 

“I DON’T WANNA HEAR IT !,” U-kwon interrupted me

 

“do you think I want this ?! I wanna be only with you .. I just can’t control my heart”

 

I heard U-kwon releasing a sigh , “what should I do now ?”

 

“just comeback !”

 

“you know I cant ! I made a commitment .. my brother in law needs me and I need the job , we talked about this”

 

I started crying , “then .. let’s break up”

 

“oh my God Hanna !! are you serious now ?!”

 

“y-yeah ..,” I said while crying harder

 

“can you really live without me ? because I surly know I can’t live without you”

 

“I made up my mind oppa .. let’s b-break up”

 

“WHAT THE HELL HANNA ?! WE PROMISED NOT TO END !”

 

“I-I’m sorry … I’m so sorry”

 

I immediately turned off the phone and started crying like a little child , I cried for hours until I fell asleep looking like a corpse.

 

~~

I headed to my college with grief surrounding my heart knowing  that I do not belong to U-kwon no more. I drew a fake smile when I saw Zelo standing in front of the college gate playing with his phone.

 

“you’re so late Hanna,” said Zelo when he saw me

 

“I slept late”

 

I walked inside the building and Zelo followed , “are you ok ?,” he asked

 

“y-yeah..”

 

“you don’t look ok , your eyes are puffed and tired , have you been crying ?”

 

“I said I’m ok !”

 

I opened my locker and grabbed my books , I led myself for the classroom but Zelo stopped me before entering it , “what do you want Junhong-ah ?”

 

He replaced his hands over my shoulders and looked deeply into my eyes , “please encapsulate your heart with patience , I’ll make it up for you”

 

“wh-what are you talking a-about ?!,” I said with a fake smile

 

“I think I knew what happened , and I think you made the right decision”

 

I rubbed my head , “c-crazy ! I have no idea what you’re talking about”

 

“me too , can you be little more clear Zelo ?,” asked Eun-mi that popped out of nowhere

 

Zelo ignored Eun-mi then said to me , “you’re gonna be just fine”

 

He released my shoulders and stood before Eun-mi , “leave her alone”

 

“umm .. what are you talking about little Zelo , I love Hanna,” she looked at me , “you know that , right ?”

 

“yeah .. I think so,” I was confused

 

“stop missing around , leave . her . alone”

 He gave Eun-mi a lethal look then left to his class leaving me with her , she stood beside me then she said , “last night U-kwon called Zico asking him about you , luckily I was hanging out with Zico”

 

“s-so … wh-what do you want ?,” I entered the class trying to avoid her scary looks but Eun-mi followed me , “he asked about your sudden breaking up request ..”

 

Eun-mi was interrupted by the professor entrance.

 

“what a lucky b*tch,” she gave me a smirk then she left outside the classroom , I was shocked , she never showed me this side of her , she seemed deluding and skepticism and I couldn’t stop thinking about her smirk that I never noticed before.

 

It was lunch time but I wasn’t hungry , I was only joyless and tired so I sat beside the cafeteria’s window and stared at the view.

I noticed Zelo coming my way with serious expression , “let’s go ..,” he grabbed my arm and dragged me along with him , “where are we going Junhong-ah ?”

 

Zelo stopped when he saw Eun-mi entering the cafeteria and blocking the exit catching the student’s attention , “well look who we have here , the love birds”

 

“move aside Eun-mi,” ordered Zelo while still holding my arm

 

“I can’t believe what I’m looking at ! are you worried about your girlfriend ?,” she looked around , “I’m sorry to disturb you guys but I have a really interesting story to tell you about the popular Zelo here”

Everyone put the trays on top of the tables and listened to Eun-mi , “this Zelo here fell in love with the girl he used to bully in high school ,” everyone started laughing immediately , I looked at the angry Zelo and felt like dying.

 

“she was ugly , nerdy and neglected but Zelo fell in love anyway , he was too embarrassed to declare his love for her so he bullied her instead”

 

Everyone started laughing again at the expressions Eun-mi was expressing in order to insult Zelo.

“fate wanted them to meet again in college , the girl became little less worse than she used to be and that’s all thanks to her boyfriend that saved her from her cheating father and her dysfunctional family”

 

“EUN-MI !!!!,” shouted Zelo , “STOP MESSING AROUND !”

 

“Zelo finely got the second chance to love his first love again but she was already taken by an amazing person whom graduated this year,” she walked two steps towards me , “I saw my first love loving a loser , he was blinded”

 

“you .. you l-loved U-kwon ?,” I asked

 

“he rejected me because he fell in love with her , but when he turned his back she stabbed him .. she acted like her own father”

 

Everyone started looking at me with disgusts , “and that idiot fell for her black magic .. I’m glad you did Zelo .. you both deserve each other”

 

Zelo sighed , “Hanna and I aren’t dating ..”

 

“yet ..,” she said making everyone laugh at us

 

“how could you ?,” I said while letting tears fall from my eyes, “my family issues .. I trusted you .. it was a secret … h-how could you use this against me ?”

 

“you really thought I’d establish a friendship with a loser like you ? I just wanted to stay close to U-kwon”

 

The tears couldn’t stop flowing , I immediately walked outside the cafeteria and headed outside the college , I heard Zelo calling my name but I ignored him and walked my way to the house.

Zelo kept following me and before I could enter the house he grabbed my arm and dragged me back in front of him , “why you didn’t stop !?”

 

“I can’t do this anymore ! everyone .. everyone know now !”

 

“who cares about people ?!”

 

“I do ! I do Junhong ! my family secrets … gosh ..,”

 

I burst into tears and sat on the pavement only crying out loud  , Zelo sat beside me and sighed , “please stop crying .. you’re aching my heart”

 

“let’s stop seeing each other Junhong-ah”

 

“what the hell Hanna ?”

 

“she’s right Junhong .. I am like my father .. I started l-liking you and forgot about the love that U-kwon warmed me up with”

 

“you’re nothing like your father ! your dad only used your mum for her money .. but you loved U-kwon for real”

 

My heart shrank when I heard his last sentence , “I’m in a mess ! what should I do now ?”

 

Zelo sighed , “here is a solution , you broke up with U-kwon .. so now you have something called the power of choice , you already know how I feel about you Hanna but I only want what’s best for you ..”

 

“no Junhong-ah .. I’m not the type of girl that boys chase and she choose .. I’m in a bad luck now .. after all , I am the ugly black duck”

 

“you are not an ugly black duck .. you’re the most beautiful women I have ever seen , from inside and out .. I never found the right words to describe you so that drove me crazy .. that’s why I called you ugly black duck”

 

“I am now more confuse”

 

“why don’t you rest for today,” he stood up and put his hands in his pockets , “I’ll come check on you tonight”

 

“ok ..”

 

He leaned down and gave me a hug , he stood straight back and said , “don’t worry , you’re going to be alright”.