I .. I think I love you.

Let's cuddle. wait .. what ?!

The next day I scooted my way to the cafeteria trying to find Zelo there , I scanned the room but the lethal stares coming from Eun-mi led me outside the cafeteria with disappointment. I grabbed my phone and called him.

 

“Junhong-ah ! where are you ?”

 

“aigoo ~ I was sleeping,” he answered me with a sleepy voice

 

“what about studying ?”

 

“I don’t think you can live without me anymore,” he teased

 

“I’m hanging up !!”

 

 “before you hang up , invite me to dinner tonight”

 

“why all of a sudden ?”

 

“I don’t wanna spend a day without seeing you”

 

~~~~

 

I was sitting on the couch waiting for Zelo, my eyes spotted the newspaper so I took it and started scrutinizing searching for an available job since I don’t have my grandma anymore to support me financially. After hours of searching with zero result I thrown the newspaper away and sighed.

 

“now I know how hard it was for U-kwon to find a job ..,” I said to myself . I closed my eyes and remembered him.

 

Flash back :

I sat beside U-kwon catching his attention , “hey”.

 

“hey ..,” he gave me a smile then he returned to his newspaper , “you found a job ?”

 

“actually there’s a lot of jobs but not as decent as I want”

 

“search a little bit more , maybe you’ll find something”

 

“I’ve been rummaging the newspaper for hours ! I don’t think I can find a job easily anymore”

 

“well then why don’t you just keep your old job , all you have to do is apologizing for your boss for the mistake you made”

 

“over my dead body ! I didn’t do anything wrong”

 

“I blame myself for this”

 

“oh lord .. why are you blaming yourself now ?”

 

“you know , you’re handsome and well educated boy with fancy and a staunching family background, I’m truly surprised how you couldn’t find a job ! it must be because of me”

 

U-kwon laughed at me ,“I blame you too , you are the jinx”

 

I was shocked by his respond “so you’ll break up with me ?,” I asked.

He grabbed my hand then he said , “I rather be jinxed my whole life than spending one hour a part of you”

 

“how cheesy ~”

 

“you think this is cheesy ? how about this ?,” he lent a little bit down and kissed my lips then he whispered in my ear , “I love you”

 

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the bell ringing knowing that Zelo was behind the door , I put on my shoes then ran outside , “hello !”

 

“you look excited !,” said Zelo with a beautiful smile on his face.

 

“a little bit”

 

“then let’s not waste our time”

Zelo walked outside the house and I followed him , “is there a specific place you wanna go to ?,” I asked

 

“not really , do you ?”

 

“let’s just walk ..”

 

Zelo stopped walking forcing me also to stop , “just walking ? that’s it ?”

 

“umm .. why ? something’s wrong with walking ?”

 

“no it’s just , I know the perfect place for walking”

 

Zelo and I kept walking side by side , he kept on making fun of my favorite professor and I did nothing but scolding him for hurting the professor’s feelings. But  he kept laughing at the tirade I was giving him.

 

“teachers must be respected Junhong-ah ! they’re years older than you”

 

“don’t start amplifying this Hanna !  I just laughed at his pink underwear that kept popping up whenever he writes something on board!”

 

I took a deep breath trying to hide my smile , “that’s  my favorite professor .. I can’t believe you made him a laughingstock !”

 

“why do you like professors anyway ?! you’re seriously wired”

 

Zelo looked at his wristwatch then he said , “we must hurry up !”

 

“wha..,” before I could finish my sentence Zelo grabbed my hand and dragged me with him.

 

“where are you taking me Junhong ?!”

 

Zelo stopped in a crowded place , everyone were looking at the dark sky impatiently , “what’s going on Junhong ?”

He opened his back-bag and grabbed a blue mittens , he handed me the mittens and took his from the back-bag.

“you brought me mittens ?,” I was touched actually , he didn’t sound as rude as I remembered.

 

My thoughts were interrupted by the fireworks that blew in the sky , my jaw dropped at the beautiful  vivid view I was looking at.

Zelo smiled proudly when he saw how amazed I was , “amazing ha ?”

 

The moment sounded perfect , Zelo’s hand sneaked to my hand and held it , a sudden warmth surrounded my iced body , I felt my heart pounding smoothly , I felt happy. My eyes caught Zelo smiling and my heart started pounding like crazy, I knew it then .. I fell for him.

 

“I .. I think I love you Hanna,” he said in a light tone

 

I heard him loud and clear but I ignored what he said , “I wanna go home Junhong-ah,” I ordered

 

“but .. the show isn’t over yet , let’s stay for extra few minutes”

 

“I wanna leave Junhong … NOW !,” I raised my voice catching people’s attention. Zelo rubbed his head then he said , “is it because I said that I love you ?! so what ?! I know you feel the same way about me”

 

I looked at his eyes and my heart ached , “why are you holding back ? is it because of U-kwon ?”

 

I looked at the ground trying to hide my embarrassed face , he continued , “he’s not here anymore , he wasn’t there for you when you needed him , you don’t need him anymore , just choose me instead of him and I promise I won’t leave you alone”

 

“you don’t wanna leave? FINE ! DON’T LEAVE ! I WILL !!!”

I released his hand and ran to my house. I knew he followed me home but I refused to look back , I just wanted to end that night.