Part 2

I Promised You

Amber POV

*Win $2000 for the 1st place! Come and join us @Han-River!*

I nodded firmly after I read a message from her phone. I made sure myself, “I will win this time!"

This is a quite big race for this month, I can see from the deal that they offered. I smiled and mumbled to myself, “I can pay Jimin and Jinyoung ‘s tuitions for this months and help umma to buy her medicines. Wait for me.”

I drove my car to Han-River and park it near the start line. “Dara unnie! I am here!” i grinned at Dara unnie as I saw her at the registration area.

“Wah! You are here! Let me write your team name…” suddenly I stopped her to write my team name. “Just write my name, unnie. I am doing not for anyone.” I just gave her a smile.

Dara unnie tilted her head before she chuckled, “Arra, arra! You will against Namjoon’s team. You know him right?”

I widened my eyes suddenly as I hear that name, “Namjoon?! K—Kim Namjoon?!”

“Ne! Waeyo Amber?” Dara unnie got closer to my face as she curious.

“A—aniyo!........” before I finished answering Dara unnie, a voice interrupted followed by clapping.

Three boys came near me and Dara unnie while laughed and clapped. “Well, Christian Yu’s team, aren’t you?.” I clenched my fist as he asked me.

He is Kim Namjoon a.k.a Rap Monster. I don’t know why everyone named him like that. He really hates Christian’s because Christian’s team always wins at car modification contest. Two and half month, Namjoon’s team cheated by broke our car that we will use for an event. He even damped Dara unnie…He is a truly jerk.

“Yes, why?” I just rolled my eyes when answering him.

“Ready to lose, young lady!” He laughed and left me and Dara unnie.

I stepped forward to punch him but Dara unnie stopped me, “You just have to win this time. Unnie trust you! Fighting!” she patted my shoulder to give me support.

I nodded firmly and clenched my fist, “I will win!”

 

I got inside my car and ready on the start line. I saw a car beside me which was Namjoon’s team car. I tilted my head and squinted my eyes to a figure that I never saw it before, “Is it Namjoon?..Ah mollaayo~.” I shrugged.

The race started and I finished it in 2 minutes 30 seconds, just 5 seconds faster than that white boy from Namjoon’s team. I can say he is a good racer,but I am the best. Xixixixi.

I went to Dara unnie to take the money, “Unnie! I won!” I hugged her happily and we jumped together.

“You are the best, Am!” we laughed after she gave me the money.

At the same time Namjoon’s came followed by that white boy, “Just lucky.” Both of them scoffed at me.

“What the…..!” once again Dara unnie stopped me and just shake her head. “Wae unnie?!!”

She rubbed my back gently, “You can beat him by your achievements, not your power, arraso?”

I sighed and nodded slowly, “Arraso, unnie. Gomawo for the invitation! See you soon!” I left her and went back to apartment.

I arrived at the apartment and as usual, my 2nd family already waited for me to take our dinner. Before we ended our dinner, Christian’s announced that will be a new worker…I meant member. Good news, because someone can handle my work when I am back to my home.

 

*bang bang bang! Bbangya Bbangya Bbangya!!*

My alarm rang and I was late! I was quickly woke up and went to the kitchen.

“Good Morning, everyone. I am sorry I am late!” I threw a big yawn as I stretched my body finished by showed a grin.

“That’s fine, Am! We are not in hurry because we are waiting for the new member.” Christian chuckled as he saw my messy look.

I laughed as Ailee and Scott were talking about my snoring habit. I quickly finished my breakfast and have a quick shower.

“Amber!! Quickly come here!!” Christian shouted from the living room.

“Wait for a second!” I wore my clothes, still rubbing my hair with the towel while walked to the living room.

Scott poked my head and whisper, “Introduced yourself to the new member..quickly.”

I bowed politely as my towel cover my face while bowing, “Annyeonghaseyo, Amber Josephine Liu is the name! Nice to meet……..” I stopped my words as I saw his face. “You………” I clenched my fist secretly.

Everyone looked at my expression , I quickly change it and threw a fake smile to let him introduce himself.

“Hi, Amber! I am Jackson Wang! Nice to meet you!” he offered me a handshake but I ignored it.

“Oh Hi…Okay let’s work. I’ll open the gate.” I put my towel, take my bag and went downstairs to the workshop.

“He is the person that scoffed at me, right? That against me at the race, right? It means…he is Namjoon’s team?!...I won’t take my eyes on him. He might be an intruder that sent by that Monster.” I grumbled as I open the gate of our workshop.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author POV

Amber showed a weird expression when she introduced herself to Jackson. It made Scott curious. “Dude, did you know Amber before?” Scott asked Jackson as Amber left to the workshop.

Aille and Christian stared at Jackson, waiting for his answer. “Yes, I saw her on the race last night. She won!.” Jackson gave a bright smile when he answering.

“But why she….” Christian stopped Scott question. “Let’s stop here and we have to start to work!” Christian stand up and Ailee nodded as she agreed.

 

*At the workshop*

“Amber! You will work with Jackson from today, okay?” said Christian as they arrived at the workshop.

Jackson looked at her and gave her a bright smile. “What?!!” Amber suddenly yelled as she heard it.

Ailee, Christian and Ailee just giggled when Amber yelled. “I’ll go to her.” Jackson chuckle as he left three of them and approached Amber.

“Hi, Josephine!” Jackson called amber with her middle name.

Amber suddenly turned to him and their eyes looked each other..

 

To be continued