Part 1

I Promised You

Author POV

*vroom vroom!!*

Two cars are ready to do a race.

“I have to win this time!* Amber mumble as she start the race.

Amber is a boyish girl. She has two siblings and she has to take a responsibility for her family financial. She works on her friend, Christian Yu ‘s workshop. She also does some illegal races to get enough money for her family. Amber live with the workers  which are her bestfriends; Ailee, Scott and Christian Yu in a quite big apartment.

“Finally, I can pay Jimin and Jinyoung’s tuition. I’ll keep the rest for umma.” She smile as she put the money on her bag.

*knock knock*

“Come in!” Ailee shouted from the kitchen.

“I am home!” Amber shouted while she was off her shoes.

“Good! We are waiting for you to eat the dinner.” said Christian which ready at the dining table.

Amber rushed to wash her hands and sit beside Scott. “Let eat!” they shout together.

“Ya! You did an illegal race again?” asked Scott as he swallowed his food.

“Y-yes….” Amber stuttered and tried to look away from her friends.

Ailee looked at her and rubbed her back gently. “We understand what happened to you, Amber. We are…just worried because it too dangerous.”

“Just make sure the car that you will use is in a good condition.” Christian added while he drank apple juice.

Amber threw a happy grin. “Don’t worry guys! I will!. Let me do the dishes tonight!”

“Alright thank you Amber. Before we end our dinner, I will announce something. Tomorrow we will get a new member. He will work for us and live with us too.” Ian said it and it made Ailee, Scott and Amber surprised.

Scott interrupted, “Should I share my space with him? Oh come on!”

“I can sleep with Ailee. You all know that I am only here from Monday to Friday. How is it?” Amber looked at Ailee then to Scott and Christian.

Ailee nodded as she agreed and Scott did too. “Alright! Let’s clean all of this plate.” Christian closed their night conversation.

Amber started to collect all the dishes with Christian’s help. Without they knew, Ailee was peeking from the living room.

“I wish I could be Amber.” Ailee sighed and mumbled before she went back to her room and prepared a space for Amber.

 

 

On the next morning, Amber woke up late because she was checking some bills.

“Hoaaaammhhh! Aigoo! Good Morning everyone, I am sorry I woke up late.” she grinned after she stretched her body.

“That’s fine, Am! We are not in hurry because we are waiting for the new member.” Christian chuckled as he looked at Amber in messy look.

Ailee giggled while she was cooking for Amber. “You were snoring, Amber!”

“As we know, she is the best at snoring, guys.” Scott laughed followed by the others.

Amber just threw a silly grin and quickly ate her breakfast and go to the shower. Scott and Christian did the dishes and Ailee cleaned the living room.

“Scott, don’t you think Ailee has a y booty?” Christian whispered to Scott while they were doing the dishes.

“What the…….” Scott nudged Christian and they both laugh.

*knock knock”

“Ne!! Wait for a second!” Ailee shouted as she run to open the door. “….A—annyeonghaseyo…” she just stared at the guest.

Christian run to the door too and stand beside Ailee, “Oh you are here! Come in!” he smiled as he helped the guess with his bag. Ailee confused and just followed behind them before closed and lock the door.

Christian asked Scott and Amber to gather on the living room. “Hi Jackson! Nice to meet you! I am Christian and they are Ailee and Scott.” Scott and Ailee introduced by Christian to Jackson.

Jackson bowed politely, “Hello, my name is Jackson Wang. You can call me Jackson. Nice to meet you here!.” he threw a big smile.

Amber suddenly came as she rubbed her hair with a towel. “Ssup Ian? (Christian’s nick name).”

Scott poked Amber’s head, “Introduced yourself to the new member..quickly.”

Amber bowed politely, “Annyeonghaseyo, Amber Josephine Liu is the name. Nice to meet….” she suddenly stopped after look at Jackson's face and clenched her fist suddenly. “You……….” she mumbled.