Part 5

I Promised You

Amber POV

I never expected this will happen to umma. The hospital cost was so expensive and umma have to stay for about 2 months to get therapy. It was because she broke her backbone when she fell and cant walk at all. I should work more and…..race more.

“Umma, I’ll go back to work, Jimin and Jinyoung will stay here. I will work more to get more money ne? “ I whispered and caressed umma’s hair while she was sleeping. “Jimin and Jinyoung, I already bought you foods and mineral water. I’ll be back soon, okay?” I messed their hair as I walked out from hospital to my car.

I took my phone and call Dara unnie “Yoboseyo unnie? Do you have any competition for today?”

“Ah! Amber, I just wanted to send u a message. Yes! Come to Han-River at the midnight okay?” She answered it with a low voice. I knew she must be at her café.

“Ne! I will be there. Gamsahamnida unnie.” She ended my call quickly. I’ll prepare for tonight. I wont tell anyone about today’s race. “I will win..” I patted my chest to support myself.

 

Jackson POV

“Hey Namjoon!” I run to him and sit in front of him. I called Namjoon to help me and we met at the café near his workshop.

“Ssup man?” he sipped his coffee as he looked at me.

I felt abit hesitated to tell him about this, it’s all for Amber and her family, “Did you remember the girl that won over me at the race in Han-river?”

He just nodded and I continued my words, “Her mother..have to stay at hospital..i heard her mother…cannot walk at all for now. Uhmm…”

“You need my step-noona’s help, right?” Namjoon suddenly cut my words before I finished it. I nodded fast as he understood what I wanted to say. Namjoon’s step-noona was one of a therapist also a orthopedist there. Namjoon’s parents already divorced, his mom has a new husband with two daughters. Namjoon close enough with them.

“Yes!” I showed a happy face as he said it. “Why do you want to help her? I know you work for my rival, now. But as long as you get money to help me, that’s fine. Do you like her or what?” Namjoon squinted to me

I flicked his head, “Mwoya?!...aniya! I just wanted to help her.” I talked fast. “One more…make sure she won’t know the doctor is your sister, okay? You know….”

“I know that young lady hates me so much.” He nodded as he finished his coffee. “Alright, I will help you this time.” I grinned widely as he agreed with the deal.

“Namjoon-aa~ I heard that today there will be a race at han-River?” I tilted head.

He waved his hand in front of my face and said, “Yeah! But Mr. Jay will be there too. He is too dangerous for us. You know he will hit his opponent car to win the first place also hit the opponent too.”

I widened my eyes as I heard it, “JInja?! What if the opponent is girl?” I asked more as I was curious.

Namjoon seemed recall his thoughts, “I ever heard to….do a ual harassment to some girls that won from him. Dara knew it too. I save her form him.” He showed his scar on his left hips. I just shook my head because I didn’t believe it.  

“Arra, it’s almost dinner time, let’s go back. See you, Jackson!” he gave a bro hug to me.

“Ne! see you soon and thank you so much, Rap Monster!” I chuckled as I hugged him back. I drove back to apartment.

 

Author POV

As the night came, Jackson, Christian, Scott, Ailee, and Amber have their dinner together. Amber just stared blankly at her food and sometimes threw a deep sigh while everyone were eating fast.

“I am finished. Thank you for the food. Thank you, Scott for cooking our dinner. I am sorry that I just ate a bit. But it’s delicious. Thank you. I’ll go to sleep okay? Goodnight, everyone.”

Ailee seemed worried at her. “Let her have her time okay?” Christian calmed Ailee while patted her back gently. Ailee just nodded as she still worried.

*rrrrrrr rrrrrr*

Amber’s alarm was ringing at 00.00. It’s time for her to go to Han-River. She took her jacket and her key. She slowly walked out from the apartment and drove her car there.

Jackson heard someone walked out from the apartment because he slept at the living room, he rubbed his eyes, “Amber?...” he peeked at Amber’s room and he suddenly widened his eyes, “The race!!” He quickly wear his jacket, took his key and rushed to follow Amber.

 

At Han-River

Dara approached Amber as Amber parked her car, “Ya, if you can beat that boy, I’ll give you bonus. How is it?” Dara pointed at a boy that stood a bit far from them.

“That boy that has tattoo and wear J necklace?” Amber look at him then to Dara. Dara just nodded. “Why not! Let’s start!”

Amber about to start the race while Jackson still looking for her among the racer. “Where is….”

*Vroommm!!!*

Two cars started the race with full power.

“Wahhh!! That girl is a great racer!” one of the audience commented while Jackson keep looking for her.

“Excuse me, do you see a girl..she is boyish and use reddish black car?” Jackson asked one of the audience.

That audience just pointed at one of the car that was racing on the road. “She might get the money and lost her ity.” A boy commented while laughed at the race.

Jackson suddenly got angry as he heard it. He run to Dara, “Noona!  Can you stop the race? I beg you.”

Dara surprised, “Ah you! Why I have to stop it?” she tilt head as she confused.

Jackson sigh, “Noona, it’s Mr. Jay. And his opponent is Amber..Noona knew it too right?!”

Dara widened her eyes as she remembered what happened to her last year, “Ommona..”

 

to be contiued...

 

 

Sorry for late update, guys! Enjoy reading! -Author :D