Kwon Yuri

Lucky Charm

“Long time no see Jessica Jung.”

Jessica balled up her fist before slapping the woman across the face.

Everyone stood in shock that Jessica Jung just hit the one and only Kim Taeyeon.

Rubbing the spot Jessica just hit Taeyeon smirked, “I didn’t think my fiancé would give me such a warm welcome.”

 

“Ex-fiancé.” Jessica huffed with gritted teeth.

“Oh Ms. Jung there is no such thing in our world. Mom and dad want us to marry and that is how it will be.” Taeyeon sipped her drink casually as if she were in a cocktail party and not an underground garage surrounded by racers.

“What the hell do I have to do to get away from you?! You in cheated on me…I can’t believe I thought you loved me…you went away to Korea to cheat on me with a bunch of .”

Taeyeon shrugged because she knew it was true but there was another spectator that couldn’t help but feel guilty as she was probably one of those Jessica was referring to, “no matter how you see it Ms. Jung. You will be my wife. For now, I am willing to take over your company before that time.”

Jessica’s eyes creased wondering what Taeyeon had planned because as far as she knew, Jung Corp was setting up to take over Taeyeon’s family business, “I doubt that.”

Taeyeon finished her glass and handed it to Sunny, “Shall we see what happens today? If I keep winning with my ace racer Yuri, you will have no choice but to marry me. There will be nothing stopping me.”

“But if you keep failing and your investors go after you, your precious company will fall and there would be no value in my father marrying me to you.”

“Highly unlikely but sure. If Yuri can’t beat your Sooyoung, maybe my company fails. Again, this is highly unlikely.” Taeyeon tapped Yuri on the shoulder, “keep it up. You know what happens if you lose too.”

Yuri and Sunny watched Taeyeon walk off towards certain investors they knew of before watching an angry Jessica walk off towards Sooyoung, “is that true?”

Sunny sighed, “for the most part yea. I broke it off with Taeyeon when I found out that she was to be married off to some rich girl, but I had no idea it was Jessica of Jung Corp.”

“No not that…if I win, Jessica has to marry Taeyeon?”

“Well…Jung Corp has many other investments so I doubt it would be the only choice but there is the possibility of Taeyeon’s company having to close a huge section if we fail. Marrying in your social status is what is expected in Jessica and Taeyeon’s world…I suspect lowering someone out of your social status could get you out of a marriage.”

“Does that also mean I could never be…with Jessica?”

“Well buddy just get rich and no problems! Taeyeon will let you have all your winnings if you past the required race amount.”

Yuri looked down at her car wondering what to do. Sure she was mad at Jessica but then again she didn’t want Jessica marrying Taeyeon. Was Jessica’s only way out of that marriage to make herself lose?

“Racers to the line!”

“Alright Yuri here is your earpiece. I will be with you all the way and remember to do everything as we practiced.”

Yuri shook her head as if to get rid of her bad thoughts. Jessica shouldn’t be her main concern. She had her life to live too, “Of course.”

Getting into her car, Yuri revved her engine a few times before putting it into gear and getting her assigned spot to start the race. Ironically there was Taeyeon on her right side watching with fierce eyes and on her left was Jessica watching with almost teary eyes.

Is her decision going to be to go left or right?

 

Sooyoung saw the exchange Jessica and Taeyeon had knowing this would happen eventually. Well Sooyoung was wondering why it took so long for those to meet again. After all, she and Jessica were attending numerous Apple races since they arrived.

Coming to Korea wasn’t a hard decision for Sooyoung. She missed her home country and helping out Jessica was something she wanted to do after seeing pictures of various women on top of Taeyeon.

Taeyeon had bid Jessica goodbye saying just for a short while she had to go to Korea and set up a new business venture. Several months went by and Taeyeon hadn’t returned. Jessica thought of going over to Korea but instead asked a friend to check up on her. It was then that Jessica saw the pictures and told her father. Of course Jessica’s father told Taeyeon’s family but that didn’t stop the marriage. Taeyeon said she didn’t want the marriage to be stopped and Mr. Jung couldn’t lose a potential partnership since his company was looking to lose his entire Chinese branch.

Jessica cried for days hearing that her marriage was still on but after a few days, Jessica showed up at Sooyoung’s door saying she knew what to be done. Of course any sane person would say taking down Taeyeon’s company was impossible but Jessica found out about Apple. Sooyoung heard out Jessica’s plan and couldn’t believe that Taeyeon could have such a weakness. Taking down Apple could really get Jessica out of this marriage agreement.

Now, looking towards Jessica on her left, Sooyoung knew she had to fight. It would only be a few more losses that Taeyeon could afford before every investor backs out and Taeyeon loses. Taeyeon had to lose by whatever means.

Right before the buzzer goes off to release the racers, Sooyoung looks over at Yuri: Apple’s number one asset but their biggest weakness. If just Yuri crumbled, Apple will go with it.

 

 

 

 


Author's Note

Long wait and short chapter...I feel sorry to you readers that are still here reading this because I do these things to you. Well a big thanks to my readers that are still here and commenting. You will give me strength to finish the story ^^

Big question will be, what will Yuri do now?