Take You Away

Lucky Charm

The crowd cheered as Yuri passed the finish line way ahead of the competition. Of course Sunny was waiting to tackle Yuri to the ground, “Yes! Nice job!”

Yuri tried to give her best smile for the win but something about this win made it feel less satisfying, “You didn’t see Sooyoung did you?”

Sunny looked up at her friend in surprise, “Sooyoung? I don’t think she registered for this race.”

Yuri sighed at the news. What was the point of racing if you didn’t have the best competition?

“Taeyeon called and said your win will secure two more investors and you have to go to her club to meet them.”

“What? Why should I? She made it clear that I am to just win races. Only two more and I will have nothing to do with APPLE anyways.”
“Yuri…please. Just go. I will be with you the whole time. You just need to shake a few hands and lie about how APPLE is an amazing investment.”

Yuri groaned in frustration and ruffled her own hair, “Sunny I have many more things to worry about than securing investors for Taeyeon.”

“Yuri I would normally shrug this off and let you go home and drink your night away by yourself, but this isn’t an option anymore. Just play your part and things will go smoothly when we really do get out of the contract and leave.”

Yuri stared down her partner knowing everything she was saying was right, “Fine but I am there to just shake a few hands.”

“Sure sure, but we get free drinks too. Hyoyeon will meet us there and that dancing queen could give you a decent celebration party.”

Laughing at the thought of Hyoyeon taking over the dance floor, Yuri’s mood improved, “Alright alright. I don’t mind stealing Taeyeon’s booze.”

“That is the spirit! Now go get cleaned up so we can go over.”

“Aye aye captain.”

 

 

With the usual heavy bass pumping through the walls, Sunny and Yuri walked into the club like they owned the place. Knowing where Taeyeon conducts her meetings, Sunny and Yuri headed to the private suites, “Ah there is my precious racer!”

Yuri looked at Taeyeon curiously wondering if the older woman was drunk or just a really great actress all of a sudden, “Hey.”

Sunny took her usual seat beside Taeyeon to look over the investor contract while Yuri sat next to the investors, “Kon'nichiwa, wataachiha Takeo Auto.”

Taeyeon looked up at Yuri, “They are from Takeo Auto in Tokyo. Do you know Japanese?”

Yuri knew a little.

“Ah it doesn’t matter. I will do most of the talking and Sunny can translate. Did you know Sunny is practically fluent in Japanese?”

Why was Taeyeon so drunk?

Seeing her boss’s demeanor, Sunny took over the negotiation. Hearing large numbers, Yuri could only watch in amazement as Sunny ran the show. Yuri’s eyes would occasionally wander over to Taeyeon who kept drinking and drinking. She would have to ask Sunny tomorrow what was wrong with Taeyeon.

“Yuri shake their hands.”

Looking up, Yuri saw the men with their hands out, “Oh, Arigatō.”

All the women in the room bowed to the men as they left, but as soon as the door closed, Taeyeon collapsed onto Sunny, “Yuri see yourself out.”

Knowing her celebration party would have to wait, Yuri nodded, “I am. Sunny I will see you tomorrow.”

Giving her partner a sad sigh, “Of course. You should pull Hyoyeon away from the bar.”

Yuri laughed, “sure.”

Leaving the meeting room, it didn’t take long for Yuri to spot Hyoyeon who took over the dance floor. Leaning on the railing, Yuri watched her friend doing what she did best. Although she was supposed to control Hyoyeon and take her home, Yuri didn’t have any intention to do that. Before joining their team, Hyoyeon was a backup dancer for some famous singers but an injury made her give up her passion. For tonight, Yuri didn’t want to take Hyoyeon away from something she loved dearly. Yuri was going to let Hyoyeon dance the night away so Yuri left all by herself. Going home to an empty apartment.

 

 

As expected, Sunny came over the next day bringing lunch, “How was your night?”

Yuri stretched herself out on the couch, “Restful.”

Putting down the bag of burgers on the coffee table, Sunny sat next to Yuri, “Do you remember when we were talking about ways to get out of APPLE and possibly saving your dream girl?”

Although food was normally Yuri’s number one priority, this news was much more enticing, “Yea?”

“Those guys we met last night are our tickets to do that.”

“Does this have something to do with why Taeyeon was so drunk last night?”

Sunny bit into her burger, “Not really. Taeyeon’s dad said he is going to announce the marriage to that Jung chick during the annual meeting next year.”

“Sunny you are losing me. How can I save Jessica if the CEOs already want their daughter’s married? Taeyeon also seemed to want to keep Jessica.”

“Ah after the marriage, Taeyeon would take over the China location. For some reason, Taeyeon doesn’t want to leave Korea. Yuri this is it! Taeyeon is up for any ideas that could have her stay here.”

“Ok, but how do the Tokyo men guarantee us to keep Taeyeon here and let the marriage get called off?”

“How daft are you Yuri?? The answer is right in front of you. Japan! We need to shift CEO Kim to invest with Japan than China.”

“China is bigger than Japan. Wouldn’t Kim Automation get more profits in China than Japan who already has a huge car industry?”

“Yuri you are looking at it wrong. Why would CEO Kim want to invest with a Korean company to take over China when they could take a Japanese car company, who is known for their quality products, to convince the big Chinese car companies to buy their product? Japan has the newest technology and a long trade history with China.”

“Ok but we only got those men to invest with APPLE.”

“Yuri I talked to Taeyeon and she wants the next APPLE race to be in Tokyo. We are going to invade the Tokyo underground racing scene for more Japanese investments. Yuri you need to win. You must win!”

Yuri rubbed her clammy hands together, “Sunny I may be the best in Korea but the Japanese underground racing community is so much better. Their cars…and their drivers are not near my level.”

“Don’t worry, I have a secret weapon.”

The door opened and Yuri’s jaw nearly dropped as she saw who walked in, “Sooyoung?”

Casually walking in and taking Yuri’s burger to eat, Sooyoung sat on the chair next to Sunny, “long time no see.”

Yuri looked over to Sunny angry, “Why would she be here?”
Sunny rolled her eyes, “I told you that she is our secret weapon.”

“How?”

Sooyoung laughed at Yuri’s naivety, “You have never done teams before have you?”

“I have a team! Sunny and Hyoyeon!”

“Not that kind of team. A racing team?”

Yuri furrowed her brows as she looked down at her French fries, “No…”

Sunny opened her computer which outlined the race course, “We are racing through here. If you two work together, Sooyoung can block out other racers while Yuri takes over the lead for the win.”

“Can I trust you?”

“Why else would I be here? I thought about it and somehow pictured you to be a better partner for Jessica than Taeyeon. Sunny called me up last night about this idea…and I hate losing but if all I need to do is lose to save Jessica, I am willing to do that.”

“I thought you and Jessica want APPLE to fail. Don’t you know that winning here will make APPLE a very powerful entity in Japan and not only that, but you lose investment into Jessica’s company by Kim Automation. I see Jessica losing more in the long run.”

“Kim Automation isn’t the only investment Jung Corp needs. Since the debut of our new engine, we decided to focus on American investments. Jessica is ready to take over the company and push into NASCAR. A legal racing identity has more profits than any underground racing infrastructure provides. It would be better if Taeyeon’s father calls off the marriage so Mr. Jung can abandon China and move his focus into something more profitable.”

Yuri looked at Sooyoung wondering if Sooyoung was really telling the truth or if the woman was one devilish smooth talker, “This…seems too good to be true.”

“Well believe it. I have your back from this day on.”

Sunny rolled up her sleeves, “You two shake hands or something so we can get started. I have a plan to win over Tokyo.”

Wiping her hands on her jeans, Yuri went to shake her hands, “Let’s take over Tokyo.”

Sooyoung smiled, “Why stop there when we could be the best in Japan?”

 

~Present time~

 

“I am so going to kill Sooyoung. She said she was taking a year vacation! I even saw pictures of her in the mountains…that liar!” Jessica was red with anger after the whole story came out.
“Don’t be mad at her, didn’t you see that we all saved you from Taeyeon? Aren’t I amazing?”

“I should cut Sooyoung out of that NASCAR deal…” Jessica grumbled to herself.

“Jessica? Aren’t you listening to me?”

Still pissed off, Jessica looked at Yuri, “And you! Didn’t even talk to me about this before. How could everyone do this all behind my back?”

“Jessica! Please! I should get a thank you or something like that. I mean…can’t you see that I did all of this because I care about you?”

Jessica let her defenses fall as she saw the creases in Yuri’s face, “Why would you? I took advantage of you…”

“Well you have no reason to take advantage of me anymore. There is no more Taeyeon and I am not part of APPLE anymore. Would you like to go on a real date together?”

Jessica focused on her glass that was now empty, “Yuri you are insane.”

At that moment, Yuri’s heart dropped.

“You never give up huh?”

Tears started b as Yuri’s heart got crushed even more.

Jessica chocked back a laugh, “A date? Now that I am single…I should get back to dating right?”

Yuri looked back up at Jessica in surprise.

“Although I am the heiress to a major company and you are some forgotten racer…we should really find someplace I am not known for this date.”

Yuri didn’t know why she started laughing at the proposition, “Sure thing. I can show you places that most Koreans would never know of.”

“Are you taking me underground?”

Yuri smiled happily, “It is the place I know best.”

 

 

 

~END~

 

 

 

 


Author's Note

Done? I feel like you folks didn't get much YulSic fluff here...should I do a fluffy epilogue or just end it here? Let me know in the comments :)

 

Thanks for the readers that subscribed and upvoted! A special thanks to those that took the time to comment :)