Abort

Lucky Charm

Yuri was fidgeting around in the business suit she was forced to wear, “How do people wear things like this everyday?”

Sunny was busy on her laptop preparing a few last minute details, “At least you look like a decent human being for once.”

Yuri scrunched her nose in frustration as she looked over Sunny’s shoulder, “What are you doing anyways?”

“I hacked into a few employee files. You will be a temporary worker...umm just pretend like you know what to do...and Hyoyeon will join you later when her janitor shift starts. Although I already checked that Sooyoung and her friend Jessica are out of the office all day, they could still show up. They are the only two that could recognize your face and this whole thing would be blown.” Sunny reached over to the desk, “I have your badge. Just work until I give you a signal to meet me on the 21 floor ok?”

“I want to switch jobs with Hyo! I can’t work all day in this! At a computer!”

Sunny rolled her eyes, “Just do your job and play games on the computer or something...and you are taking the bus there.”

“The bus! The bus!”

Sunny huffed in annoyance, “Your car is kind of noticeable. You need to take public transportation like the rest of Korea. Deal with it for one day.”

Yuri went up to her car as she rubbed it, “I am going to miss my baby.”

Sunny closed her laptop to put in her bag before slapping Yuri on her , “Come on. I think the fuel has messed with your brain. You need to get out for fresh air.”

Yuri could only look at her car before sadly making her way out with Sunny.

------------------------------------

After her nth time playing solitaire, Yuri huffed once again in frustration. She thought the day would go by faster after lunch but Yuri thought the day may have progressed even slower. Throughout the rest of her time in the cubical, she thought of multiple ways to kill her midget friend but then she also thought about how much she needed the girl… thus she started to think of ways to inflict harm without death.

“Ms. Kwon aren’t you leaving yet?”

Yuri turned to her mentor who had packed her things, “In just a little bit.”

“Okay have a good night.”

Yuri sighted in relief as she closed the fake document that was blocking her solitaire game, “When is my bunny coming to rescue me?”

“This bunny?”

Hearing the familiar voice of her savior behind her, Yuri jumped the poor girl, “You are finally here!”

Sunny struggled under the weight of the much taller girl, “Yah! Get off me giant!”

Yuri held onto the girl that was struggling under her, “Never! You put me in this death trap!”

“We don’t have much time. Hyo is near the entrance and she told me no one has entered or exited that department all day.”

Yuri let go of the smaller girl to look at her, “That is strange. Does everyone have the day off?”

“Not sure but we are going to go in. If no one is there, then that is better for us.”

Yuri nodded as she packed away her things to follow Sunny. Since Yuri was on a lower floor, the two caught the elevator to the 21 floor where they were greeted by Hyoyeon holding a mop, “Nice look. You should go around my shop like this.”

Hyoyeon was about to raise her mop in retaliation but Sunny interfered, “Would you two stop causing a scene while we are trying to be secretive?” Seeing Hyoyeon put the mop back down, Sunny made her way to the lock on the door, “I am going to work  on this so just watch for anyone coming.”

Yuri leaned on the door, “So Hyoyeon is everything prepared for the race?”

“Of course only last minute work. I am not a lazy like you who just plays with her car toys all day.” The girl said, still a bit bitter about Yuri’s earlier remarks.

*Beep beep* Sunny smiled in victory as the lock turned green, “Done. Let’s go in.” However, when the shorter girl opened the door, the three were greeted with the sight of an empty room, “What the f....”

Yuri barged past Sunny into the room, “I thought ...the motor...”

“So that is why no one was around here all day.”

Yuri turned to Sunny, “Is that why Sooyoung was gone today? They moved their operations?”

Ruffling her hair in frustration, “I have no idea...”

Shuffling around the empty room, Hyo tried to look for a trace of anything, but the room was spotless, “What are we going to do about the race then?”

Since this was a lost cause, Sunny gathered her electronics, “Yuri will just have to do her best and you have to make sure the other obstacles are taken care of Hyo.”

“How can I do that when I don’t know what I am dealing with!” Yuri yelled out in anger, “She thinks she is so smart...”

“Get some practice Yuri and we will worry about this problem later. I am too tired to stress my brain out about this now,” Sunny reasoned as she walked towards the elevator.

“Yea Yuri, listen to our bunny. We will go over details tomorrow at your place. You were always a great racer so just beat her with your skills.”

Following the other two, Yuri did as she was told and went to get an early rest with strange dreams about cards racing to become the Ace.

----------------------------------------

Yuri stared at something she considered something even greater than any work of art, “You know you don’t have super powers to change that engine with your mind?”

Turning to see her friend, Yuri walked towards her, “What if I remake the engine?”

“Ah that would take months? We don’t have months.”

Turning the chair backwards, Yuri sat down as she rested her head on her arms, “I know but if Sooyoung has a car that can stop on a dime after reaching 150mph, then I could readjust the hydraulics and rework the piston to create that same effect.”

Sunny turned away from her computer to look at the car, “I don’t mind if you tinker with something new on your off time, but you are not touching the engine in that car. We need that for money and right now we know what you have there works pretty damn well.”

“But it would be easier to...”

“I said no. That car is as much yours as it is mine. I helped you build that thing so I won’t allow you to tear it apart.”

“Fine but it would cost more to find all the parts and make it again...” Sitting up straight, “Should I do some quick cash races? I can win some cars and use those engines for porotype work?”

“Are you saying that you would rather tear apart a Ferrari for just the engine? You know that would cut the cost of the car like 60%?”

“It is only a Ferrari.”

Sunny laughed at the thought of a million dollar car being used as scrap parts, “Do whatever you want, but only after we finish our work with APPLE.”

“Shouldn’t we wait for Hyo to come before we talk about that?”

“Don’t worry! The VIP is here!” Hyoyeon yelled loudly as she entered.

“Both of us know that Sunny is the VIP,” Yuri said with certainty, “So Sunny what do you have after getting a good night’s sleep?”

“Well the only thing is to get Yuri race ready. Hyoyeon and I will help you enhance short stops using different techniques like drifting. Sooyoung will either be in front of you or closely behind you thus we need to interfere in a split of a second and you will have to act quick. It might be a bit risky but I think this might be the only way.”

Patting Sunny on the shoulder, “Sounds good buddy. When do we get started?”

“Now.”

----------------------------------

~Race day~

Taking a huge gulp from her Red Bull, Yuri rolled her shoulder that was still sore from the week long training, “You know a good night’s rest would improve performance, are you already giving me a stronger advantage?”

Yuri smirked, “I thought I would only make this race a bit more fair for you. I don’t want to leave you too far behind my smoke.”

“Oh some big words from a racer who came second last time.”

Yuri was ready to breathe smoke and continue the verbal battle, but the beautiful friend of Sooyoung came up and immediately cooled down the heated atmosphere, “Sooyoung stop causing trouble before the race.” Giving Yuri a bow the girl flipped her hair back like a y goddess, “I am sorry. We are going back to our car now. Good luck...Y-Yuri?”

Smiling from ear to ear, “Ah yes...Jessica.”

Letting out a soft giggle, Jessica walked away with her taller friend.

“Making friends again?”

Crossing her arms in defiance, “They are not my friends Sunny. I was just telling the tall freak how she was going to eat my dust.”

Sunny just rolled her eyes, “You are such a hot head. Anyway, I have your earpiece and mic. I tweaked your back-camera on your mirror a bit to give you a broader range. It should help you track Sooyoung a bit better and remember that you have to be in the lead before the bridge.”

“I got it, no worries.”

*Racers to mark*

“Well get going. I will be in your head from now on.”

Smiling at her friend, Yuri zipped up her lucky jacket and pulled her gloves a bit tighter, “Trust me bunny.”

 

When all the cars were on the starting mark, the engines roared in excitement until the gate opened with the start of the race, aiming to be first, Yuri gunned it and nearly clipped the gate as it opened; securing her spot in first.”

Looking out her back, she noticed Sooyoung in third but she knew that wouldn’t be the case in a matter of minutes. Taking the course highlighted by Sunny, Yuri went under the underpass into an area with no cars and stepped up her gears to reach nearly 200mph. Slowly the other cars faded as she created a huge lead but that was until Sooyoung came into sight a few seconds after Yuri thought she had a decent lead.

Coming up to the first turn, Yuri pulled her e-brake and drifted into a tunnel, nearly flipping her car as it swerved, “...”

“Nice nice. Keep it up.”

Yuri shifted gears to get her speed up before flying out of the tunnel and onto the main road. Luckily, there were only a few cars on the street this late at night so Yuri had the whole road to let her car go. Two more shifts and Yuri continued to go up to 200mph.

For a while, Yuri thought she lost Sooyoung but that damn car came up behind a few pedestrian vehicles, “How did she catch up so fast?”

“Stop focusing on her Yuri, the bridge is coming so maintain that lead. Don’t let her pass.”

Yuri looked up to see the bridge going up to her exit. Keeping her speed, Yuri turned to head off the road and with a loud bang, the bridge blew up behind Yuri, “Thanks Hyo!”

“Oh I think I used too much explosive.”

“Doesn’t matter Hyo, good job.”

“Yuri do you see Sooyoung?”

“No. Hyo take care of the other routes as I close out the race from here.”

Alone in her progress to the finish line, Yuri thought for sure she had the race in the bag...that was until a familiar car nearly sided on her left, “What the...how did she...”

Sunny also gasped in surprise, “Yuri gun it now! Now!”

Yuri flipped the switch on and pressed it to make her car go into overdrive, but the thing was that Sooyoung didn’t lag behind. She kept with Yuri’s car until she gave the shocked girl a wave goodbye as her car passed Yuri’s car with ease to claim the win.

Yuri couldn’t believe it. She had the lead, she cut the other routes, and she used a hyperdrive. How did she lose to the newbie? None of it made any sense.

Storming her way to Sunny, “Get the CCTV. I need it now Sunny.”

With the rage in Yuri’s eyes, Sunny quickly worked on hacking the surveillance on the police website, “Got it.”

“Send to me. I am leaving.”

“What? Now? But we just lost and...”

 Glaring at the shorter girl, “Sunny I can’t deal with this now. I am going home for a hot shower and sleep off this nightmare.”

“You know they are going to call.”

Yuri sighed, “Just tell the investors we will get a win next time. You are good with words to keep them hooked.”

“You are making me do all the clean-up work again.”

Stepping into her car, Yuri didn’t bother to look back as she drove away from the sight. Not exactly wanting to go home to be in her thoughts, Yuri drove to the nearest club/bar.

“Ah Ms. Kwon...do you want the usual...”

“No. I am just going to the bar.” The girl said as she made her way to the bar in the back, away from the crowd, “Line up 4 tequila shots.”

Just as Yuri was about to lay out her money, another girl came up to her and handed out several large bills, “Jiwon make that 5 shots and appletini.”

“Yes young miss.”

Yuri looked up in amazement, “Jessica?”

Making herself comfortable in the seat next to Yuri, Jessica turned to smile at the girl, “Surprised to see me?”

Yuri nodded.

“Don’t be. I come here often.”

When the shots arrived, Jessica picked up one and offered to tap glasses, “How about we tap to future winnings and happiness.”

Yuri laughed, “That sounds cheesy.”

“What do you want to toast to?”

“Future winnings and happiness,” Yuri blushed.

Jessica only giggled as she picked up a lime slice, “Then we toast to that.” Both the girls backed the first shot and on the lime, “oh that never gets any better.”

Yuri laughed as she took another shot, “But it works well at rubbing bad memories away.”

“I saw earlier that you...umm well...there is always next time.”

Yuri looked up at the girl in surprise, “Shouldn’t you want me to lose like this?”

Jessica shrugged, “I don’t know much about racing so...doesn’t matter to me that much.”

“Why do you come to all the races then?”

“Sooyoung is there...”

“Are you two...like you know?”

“Oh gosh no! That girl and I would kill each other if we were like that...”

Knocking back another shot, Yuri looked at the girl’s beautiful brown eyes, “So a beautiful girl that hangs out with the rich folks...who is the lucky...”

“No one. Most of those rich kids just receive handouts.” Leaning closer to Yuri, Jessica’s breath ghosted close to her skin, “I like those who have a bit more skill in what they do...maybe like a racer...”

All Yuri could do was inhale quickly from her nose as Jessica captured her lips into a sensual and heated kiss. As the alcohol took affect and the oxygen was from her lungs, Yuri’s world blurred into a comfortable haze making her forget about her present pains and future worries. Right now, the soft lips that sought to claim every inch of hers were making her higher than any win gave her before.

 

 


Author's Note

Ah took a while to write cause your author is so busy with year end stuff. There might be some grammar errors but your author is too lazy to go through the longer chapter. Sorry about that.

Please leave comments ^^