Epilogue

Lucky Charm

~3.5 Years Later~

 

Engines roared loudly as the crowd cheered around the 33 cars preparing to race that day. Yuri adjusted her ear protectants on her head as she shifted around her spot. Being so close to the track that all racers dreamed to be on made Yuri have mixed feelings regarding her withdrawal from the racing world. As she watched the drivers preparing to start, someone nudged her shoulder so she looked to her right with a huge smile on her face.

The woman hooked her arm around Yuri and pulled off Yuri’s ear protectant on the right side, “Which lane?”

Yuri pointed near the middle where the red car had Jung Motors on the hood.

Reaching down to lace their fingers, Yuri smiled even more thinking back to nearly 5 years ago when this woman declared her hatred towards her.  However, after that day in the café, Yuri managed to be the biggest support for Jessica and the two got closer each day forgetting that they used to be rivals in the automobile industry.

When Taeyeon’s company declared the end to a partnership with Jung Corp, everyone thought Jung Corp was going to suffer a huge loss but Sooyoung came in as a strategic director and saved the company with their motor debuting in Nascar. The American investment was a risky undertaking but Jung Corp succeeded when their sponsored driver finished in the Indy 500 within the top 10. Their multimillion dollar investment into the American marketplace proved to be a billion dollar success and Jessica was promoted to take her father’s place as CEO without an arranged marriage.

Knowing Yuri’s skills as a racer and engine designer, Jessica purchased the rights to Yuri’s intellectual property around the motor she used to beat Sooyoung in the race they had years prior and Sooyoung hired Yuri as an exclusive contractor for Jung Corp.

Yuri was ecstatic to be part of Jung Corp so she could continue to win Jessica’s heart over although the CEO said many times that she was very busy with the company. With the help of Sooyoung, Yuri only spent a year of courting Jessica before the woman gave in and agreed to be Yuri’s official girlfriend.

Knowing she had to pay back Sooyoung for her help in getting Jessica, Yuri made a few calls and helped prepare a state-of-the-art racecar just for Sooyoung. It was difficult to keep the project a secret from her girlfriend, since Jessica owned her , but Yuri managed to get the project done surprising, not only Sooyoung but Jessica as well. Jessica also agreed to let Sooyoung gain sponsorship from Jung Corp so she could enter races in the USA for the chance to be where she is now, the Indy 500 as Jung Corp’s racer.

This moment was not only special for Sooyoung but also Jessica. Her best friend dreamed of making it to the big stage since she was little so seeing her finally achieve her dreams was the best present she could give. Not only that, but the Indy 500 was where Jung Corp became established in the American market and got Jessica out of the arranged marriages set by her father.

*BANG*

The cars sped off and the crowd jumped off their feet seeing the cars going for the first turn. Yuri knew Jessica didn’t like the loud noises so she guided the CEO back to the soundproof space reserved just for them so they could take off the ear protectants.

Jessica went straight to the mirror to fix her hair while Yuri went to get them some champagne, “You think Sooyoung will do well?”

Yuri turned towards her girlfriend and handed her the drink, “Number 1!”

Jessica chuckled as she took a sip of champagne before setting it down on the table, “You are so confident in your motor.”

“Well of course, I made it and I coached Sooyoung to be almost as good as me. Jung Corp will be the company that every driver will want to sponsor.”

Gliding into Yuri’s arms, Jessica hugged the taller woman, “You think?”

“Of course, but it would be nice if I were in Sooyoung’s place. To get congratulated by Jung Corp’s beautiful CEO after winning would make the win even sweeter.”

Jessica pulled out of the hug a bit to look into Yuri’s eyes, “I know you miss racing. You do know that I wouldn’t stop you if that is what you wanted to do?”

Yuri smiled at her girlfriend’s sincerity so she pulled her back into a tight hug, “I miss it but doing all that traveling would kill me. I don’t like being a day without seeing you.”

Although the pair have been dating for some time now, Jessica still blushed a dark red when Yuri used her sweet words.

Yuri looked around the room, “We are the only ones who have this room right?”

“Humm yea.”

“The windows are blackened right?”

“Of course. We are VIP.”

Yuri reached down between them to cup Jessica’s face, “Jessica I don’t need racing anymore. I really don’t. Love being here with you and I love helping make you succeed. For me, meeting you wad the best thing ever because you gave me a life that I can feel fulfilled. You Jessica Jung are my lucky charm.”

Jessica didn’t have words to say so she leaned up and kissed Yuri with all her heart because Yuri was her lucky charm too.

 

 

 

 

~END~

 

 

 


Author's Note

 

Haha a very short epilogue but that is what I got. I really love happy endings. Thanks for those who gave me some upvotes since I posted the last chapter ^^