Plan

Lucky Charm

Alone in her car garage, Yuri tapped her pen on the desk as she thought about someone in particular, “That skin looked so soft…Yah! Yuri stop thinking of her… she is friends with the enemy!” She yelled at herself.

“Why is it so noisy in here?”

Yuri turned her chair to face the shorter girl, “It is lonely here without you.”

“So you talk to yourself? Also why don’t you do some work instead?”

Yuri waved her hand, “that is why I have people that work for me. I just need to focus on my baby.”

Sunny turned her attention to Yuri’s race car, “Have you made any modifications?”

Yuri leaned back in her chair with her hands behind her head, “Not really.”

Sunny huffed in annoyance, “Well I have some progress at least.”

Yuri sprung up, “What kind of progress?”

“Like that I am going to be consulting for one week at Jung Corp in two days and the details for the next race to keep you busy.”

Yuri launched herself at Sunny to give her a huge hug, “You are such a good friend!”

Sunny pushed the giant girl off, “Yea yea well someone has to win these races for us.” Opening her laptop, Sunny pulled up a simulation road map, “I have the route that will ensure your win.”

Yuri scooted closer watching the simulation, “Seems a bit easy. APPLE seems to be getting lazy with the location choices.”

Sunny sighed as she handed Yuri the USB with the race details, “The people doing the betting just want to use their money on the winner, not your excitement. You know we lost out on 2 big investors with your little loss the last time? We have to win the next one to make sure we keep what we have left.”

“I won’t lose again. That was just…just a miscalculation. We will be ready next time.”

“Call Hyo and make a plan to alter the other routes. I can’t have us making mistakes again.”

Yuri flashed her friend a smile, “No worries. Just take care of things at Jung Corp while Hyo and I take care of the car and route.”

“You better not let me down Yuri…getting route information before the race isn’t easy.”

“I know but you come through every time for us.”

Sunny closed her laptop, “It is my payday on the line too.”

Yuri turned her chair as she watched her friend walk out, “Keep me updated Sunny Bunny!”

Without turning back, Sunny waved goodbye, leaving Yuri alone in her garage again.

Once Sunny left, Yuri dialed a number on her phone, “Hyo race is on, when can you meet? Alright see later bud.” With a devilish grin on her face, Yuri looked at the USB in her hand, “I will get you this time.”

----------------------------------

A few days later, Sunny stood in front of a very large building in the heart of the city labeled Jung Corporation. Clenching her computer case, Sunny sighed before heading in. The first thing she noticed with the intense presence of security and the need for badges to enter past the lobby, “I guess they don’t want any outsiders in here.”

The shorter girl went to the service desk to get her badge before passing the security successfully. Since she was consulting on an upgraded computer program system, she had to go to the 21 floor which housed the IT department.

 

After spending a few hours talking to the department head, the cup of coffee she had earlier on the day caught up to her. Rushing off to the bathroom, Sunny saw something interesting causing her deter away from the direction of the bathroom.

“I didn’t know Jung Corp. did anything with engines…” Sunny said as she stood before a department named Motor Development. Just as she was to get a closer look, Sunny saw someone emerge from the frosted doors, “Sooyoung? And that girl she was with last time?”

Hiding behind a corner, Sunny listened to the girl’s conversation, “I think we can get the new line out in a year or two.”

“Moving operations to Korea was a good idea after all… things weren’t going anywhere in America for a long time.”

“Things would have gone as planned if we stayed there too. That engine was practically built by you alone.”

The tall girl turned to her friend, “I still think it was better to get out of America and launch things here before going into the American market.”

The friend nodded, “My father usually knows things like that better than me and with you racing with the new engine, it is great advertisement.”

“I can win races without that little plan of your fathers…. You shouldn’t be trying to get close to APPLE’s lead racer like that.”

“I agreed to it too Soo. I want to crush APPLE just as much as my father wants to.”

Sooyoung sighed, “Just be careful Jessica. I don’t want to see you getting hurt again.”

“I think you should just worry about yourself. Racing cars is more dangerous.” The two girls laughed before heading away towards the elevator.

After the girls left, Sunny came out of hiding, “so they want to crush APPLE? I can’t let that happen…I need to get in that room and find out how to take down that engine.”

-------------------------------------

“Sunny has lost it. How can I be in four places at once?”

Yuri looked around the first location, “I am sure you will think of something.”

“Unless our little genius friend has a cloning machine, I don’t see how we can block all four alternative routes just as the cars are approaching the site.”

“What if we set up cameras around here and trigger a trap digitally?”

“Remote triggers have a range. You still have to be close enough to do something like that.”

“Well we have a tech genius as a friend… Sunny may have an idea on how to amplify the range. That way you can be stationed at a midpoint of all the locations?”

Hyoyeon kicked the road marker, “Fine. I will figure out to camouflage the traps while you talk to Sunny and get the cameras from her.”

Yuri walked over to her car, “Alright. I will leave the dirty work to you Hyo.”

“Yea yea you and Sunny get to relax in that fancy garage of yours while I slave away here.” Hyoyeon said as Yuri left her behind in a cloud of dust caused by her Nissan GT-R.

-----------------------------------------

When Yuri returned to the garage, she saw Sunny sitting in her chair, “What are you doing here?”

“Did you know Jung Corp. is starting up a motor department?”

“Not really, but they dabble in a lot of ventures...each area they go into, seems highly successful.” Yuri said as she pulled up another chair.

“I found out that Sooyoung is the head designer and they are marketing the new engine in her car.”

“So go break in and get the blue prints? I thought you were good at hacking.”

Sunny sighed as she opened up her laptop, “I did and I found out that this new department of theirs doesn’t even have a single online identity. Which means, we have to break into the building and get whatever documents they are using.”

Yuri looked at her friend shocked, “So...you want me to go and get it?”

“Well you, me and Hyoyeon were thieves before getting involved with APPLE.”

Yuri leaned back in her chair to look at the ceiling, “We have been practically clean for a long time. With the money we made, we haven’t had to go back to stealing or you hacking and taking out money.”

“We all can go back into old habits.” Sunny said as she pulled up a blueprint of Jung Corp., “Look here is the building specs –“

Yuri stood up and closed the laptop, “Sunny what has gotten into you? I am fine with us rigging the racing sites and doing simple reconnaissance work but now you are talking about us going in and breaking many many laws to get a motor. You were the one that said you never wanted to go back and we have finally washed our hands clean.”

Sunny rubbed her temples, “Yes but this affects more than just you or me!”

Yuri took a step back after hearing her friend yell, “What do you mean?”

“Sooyoung...she wants to take down APPLE. If we don’t have APPLE, then we have nothing! APPLE was the one that took us off the streets doing petty crimes and gave us a life that used our skills. What does it matter if we do some petty thievery now and prevent us from going back to that kind of life later?” Sunny said as her eyes burned with passion.

Yuri crossed her arms, “We could always get into another street racing...”

“I don’t want to join another group. We have a good deal going with APPLE and we have strong sponsors supporting us here.”

Yuri lifted her brow, “Wow...I didn’t know you liked working for APPLE that much. I mean we don’t even know who heads it.”

Sunny bit her lower lip as she looked down at the ground in silence for a few seconds, “So are you in?”

Yuri looked up at her car before walking over to Sunny’s laptop to open it up again, “Just tell me what you need me to do.”

 

 

 

 


Author's Note

I should appologize for the long wait. Completly my fault for starting a fiction with only an idea and not a solid plot line. I used this past month thinking of what to do with this story and I think after reading this chapter, you can start to see where I am headed with the plot finally. Also a very long chapter for the next update ;)

So questions or comments??? Who are the good guys and who are the bad guys?? Have you figured out anything with APPLE yet? Like who runs it?