No More Excuses

Lucky Charm

The girl opened her lavish apartment on the top floor of the luxury apartment complex. Tired from staying out late, she kicked off her heels before dropping her purse on the table in the kitchen, but when she entered the living area, she nearly had a heart attack seeing a figure sitting in on her couch sipping wine, “So…how did it go?”

The woman was still clutching her chest in shock, “Jesus Soo…why the hell are you being quiet as hell sitting in my apartment?”

“Ah like you don’t have a key to my apartment too Jessica?”

Jessica crossed her arms and rolled her eyes, “You live right downstairs…why do I need a key? I could just stomp on the floor to get you up here.”

Sooyoung laughed, “Whatever, give me the details.”

“She kissed me.”

“I knew it! You are the best! Although I still don’t like this little plan of your dads’ I can’t deny your skills.”

Jessica went over to steal Sooyoung’s wine before taking a seat across from her, “Of course. Why do you think I came to Korea with you? Father wants this done quickly.”

Sooyoung sank deeper into the couch, “Just don’t get hurt. I mean when you got involved with APPLE before…”

“I know…why do you think I am doing this? I want to see her again and show her that she doesn’t control everything.” Jessica gripped the glass in her hand tightly as past images flew through her head, “No more tears…”

Sooyoung nodded before standing up, “I heard a few of their investors are dropping.”

“We need them all out.”

“They will. APPLE will be desperate to keep them so I think another race is coming quicker than the last. I will take Yuri out the race this time. You will have no competition.”

Sooyoung shrugged, “I never saw her as a rival.”

“Well you don’t need to think of her at all.”

Sooyoung smiled, “I should get ready then. Goodnight Jessica.”

Jessica finished the wine in her glass as she heard the door close. Staring at the empty glass in her hands her eyes were empty, “soon you will have nothing…just like you left me.”

----------------------------

“Is that three in a row?” The woman said as she spun the whiskey in her hands.

Sunny fidgeted near the door of the private room as she silently watched the woman who was silently building up her anger, “Y-yes…”

The glass flew across the room nearly hitting Sunny, “What are you three doing? Do you know how much you are costing me to lose?”

Sunny gulped as she averted her eyes away from the woman, “I know…we know…its just.”

“No more excuses. Take out that Sooyoung girl anyway you can think of.”

“Of course.” Sunny bowed and was about to leave the room.

“I will be at the next race. I better not see us lose.”

Sunny gulped at the words before leaving the room, “God that woman is bipolar…if we are winning she gets all flirty and nice but now….I think Yuri and I are going to die.”

After leaving the club, Sunny took a cab and drove to the garage where she thought the wasted Yuri might be. Although Yuri messed up again today, she was still the best racer APPLE has and she needed her to get her head back in the game so they could win the next race which was not far away.

Approaching the garage, Sunny punched in the code so the door would open. She looked around the dark room before reaching the light switch to light up the whole garage. Unfortunately, she didn’t see Yuri as she entered. Thinking the girl was passed out in the back, Sunny let her hands ghost over the race car as she passed it to the back room where Yuri would sleep sometimes.

Sure enough, there was a light coming from the office but instead of seeing the girl passed out from the alcohol she was sure the girl consumed after losing, Yuri was busy on her computer, “Watching ?”

Yuri jumped from the sudden intrusion of the short girl, “What? No! You are the erted one out of all of us.”

Sunny laughed, “That may be true…why are you not like passed out drunk? I thought you left for a bar?”

Yuri stopped staring at the computer screen to turn and face Sunny, “I met someone…”

“Oh? You picked up a girl? Wait…I don’t follow? Shouldn’t you have like taken her back to your place and you know bang her?”

Yuri rolled her eyes, “I don’t bang every piece of trash that shows interest in me.”

Sunny knew who the girl was referring to, “that was low.”

Yuri shrugged, “You knew what she was like and I she still…”

“Yuri stop it. I can’t stand you talking about her like that when…”

“Why can’t I?? You always go back to her and she does the same every time!”

“You don’t know anything! God you are so dense sometimes!”

“How am I dense? What was ever one good thing Tae did for you? Sure she has money and set up our whole operations but God we all know that she is doing this for her own benefit. That is all she knows what to do is take.”

Sunny slapped Yuri on the face, “Like I said…you know nothing.”

Yuri huffed in annoyance as she watched Sunny walk away in anger, “…what the hell does she see in her?!” Leaning back in her chair, Yuri looked up at the ceiling, “You should find someone better…”

------------------------------

Hyoyeon stepped into the garage where Yuri was working on the engine, “What are you doing?”

Yuri nearly hit her head on the hood of the car with Hyoyeon’s silent entrance, “What the hell? Why are you sneaking up behind me like that?”

“I didn’t…I said ‘what are you doing?’ clearly not silently.”

Yuri put down her wrench as she leaned up on the car, “I am taking apart the engine, but you can’t tell Sunny.”

“Why can’t I tell Sunny?” Looking around the room she noticed the shorter girl wasn’t there, “by the way, where is Sunny?”

“Away.”

“Umm did you two fight again?”

Yuri sighed as she went over to get an energy drink, “Same old stuff.”

Hyoyeon nodded, “Why don’t you just stay out of it? Sunny does what she wants no matter what we tell her.”

“But we know what happens with Taeyeon every time! She will never change for Sunny.”

Hyoyeon shrugged, “Maybe Sunny likes the bad girls? Who knows. Not our business as far as I am concerned.”

“Maybe I am not as selfish as you…” Yuri said as she returned to work.
“Wow someone is edgy today. You need to get laid or something. You are tense and it is ruining my vibe.”

Yuri sighed as she unhooked the last piece of the engine and hooked up the crane to lift the engine out of the car, “Whatever. I have my stress relief right here.”

Hyoyeon watched as the engine was lifted from the car and placed in the work station for Yuri to get a better look at the machinery, “So what are you going to do to this? I thought this was like Yuri baby? You and Sunny worked on this for years to perfect it.”

“Yea well it isn’t perfect. I keep losing.”

Hyoyeon went closer to look at the engine on display, “I don’t think so…have you ever thought maybe the engine wasn’t the problem?”

“Hyo I am not the problem?!”

“Not you…we all know you are the one with the racing skills. Did you watch the CCTV Sunny gave you?”

“Ah no I forgot. I was too busy drawing up a new engine last night.”

Hyoyeon held up the flash drive, “well I did and I noticed something strange.”

Yuri looked up at Hyoyeon with her full attention, “Strange?”

Taking a seat in the chair, Hyoyeon plugged in the flash drive to take a look at the CCTV, “So we blew up the bridge here…”

Yuri watched as the bridge blew up behind her car, “I can’t see anything behind all that smoke…”

“Wait for it.”

Yuri continued to watch the screen. Out of the smoke, Yuri watched Sooyoung’s car fly through the smoke and swerve onto the other side of the bridge, “Holy …how did she?”

Hyoyeon clicked a few more buttons, “Just wait. Look at the footage when she catches up to you near the finish line.”

Yuri watched as she had the lead and then saw Sooyoung’s car catch up to her in a flash, “I don’t see it. She was faster than me…like every other time.”

Hyoyeon freezed the picture so she could zoom into a particular area on Sooyoung’s car, “Now do you see it?”

Yuri’s eyes raised in shock, “Green exhaust?”

“Yea…Sooyoung isn’t using gas in her car.”

“If it is green then…”

Hyoyeon nodded, “I don’t know how she did it but she converted her engine to use that fuel.”

Yuri raked her fingers through her hair as she looked at her engine, “Hyo call Sunny. We have to remake this engine fast.”

Hyoyeon pulled out her phone and showed Yuri the call log, “Already did. She should be on her way.”

Yuri smiled, “Great…Sooyoung is going down this next race.”

 

 

 

 


Author's Note

With so many other stories that I have going on, this one got pushed to the side...sorry all you YulSic shippers that are still reading this story. It is the lowest subscribed story of mine so I don't really see this as a story that needs to be updated every week. 

But I hope you are enjoying this despite my random updates...I am aiming to have this story be around 10 chapters so enjoy until then ^^