Forgiveness

Lucky Charm

Yuri took a sip of her water as she watched the door in anticipation. She was so caught  up in the remodel of her car and Sunny not picking up her calls that she nearly forgot about a certain blond that entered her life. That was until she got a call a few days after they kissed.

The bell of the small resteraunt chimed when another customer entered, to Yuri’s delight, it was who she was expecting, “Did you wait long?”

“A little,” Yuri said with a huge grin on her face.

“Sorry I got caught up working even though I was the one who asked you out for lunch.”

“It is ok. My schedule is pretty flexible.”

The waitress came over seeing as the other party arrived, “Mam would you like something to drink?”

“Oh just a water.”

“Are you two ready to order anything?”

Yuri had looked over the menu several times already but she thought Jessica might need more time, “Maybe...”

“Just a chef salad with vinaigrette.” Jessica stated without even looking at other options.

The waitress was now looking at Yuri, “Oh I will have the burger with no pickle.”

“Coming right up.”

Jessica giggled, “I didn’t know you hated pickles. I dislike cucumbers and anything related to one.”

Yuri couldn’t help herself from blushing at Jessica’s blinding smile, “Well I like cucumbers because they are rich in water and minerals but pickles are salty...”

Jessica raised her brow, “You talk about health yet you are getting a burger?”

“I think you are mistaken. Burgers have nearly all the food groups; protein, fats/oil, dairy, vegetables, and carbohydrates. Very healthy if I get some fruit as dessert.”

Jessica couldn’t help but laugh at Yuri’s unique charms, “I feel silly for only ordering a salad now.”

“Oh don’t be but um why did you call me out for lunch?”

Jessica softened her smile, “Well you can’t expect a kiss and not follow up with a date right?”

Yuri’s cheeks turned pink, “Ah y-yea of course.”

“Have you dated before Yuri?” Jessica crossed her arms on the table.

“Of course! At our age we should date...it just has been a while.”

Jessica nodded, “The last person I was with cheated on me so I haven’t dated in a while myself.”

“Really? How could someone cheat on you...when you are so beautiful.” Yuri said bashfully.

Jessica shrugged, “Some people are like that though. They take what they want and ignore what others feel.”

Yuri was shocked that such a horrible thing happened to Jessica, “Don’t worry. Karma has a funny way of sneaking up on those kinds of people. Or that is what I believe.”

Jessica smiled at Yuri who was clearly acting very sincere, “I think so too.” Yet the caring personality of Yuri might be what is making her feel so guilty right now. Karma was probably going to seek Jessica out when everything is over.

After some more light chit chat, the food came and the two filled their stomachs. Yuri wanted to stay longer with Jessica but the girl had to get back to work and Yuri would hate to admit it, but she had to get working too.

“I really enjoyed this.” Jessica said as Yuri walked her to her car.

“Umm are you free before the next race?”

“It is in two weeks right?”

Yuri nodded, “I assume you will show up with Sooyoung right?”

“I usually go to support her but...” Jessica stepped forward touch the side of Yuri’s face, “I might be cheering someone else from now on.” Leaning in, Jessica laid a tender kiss on Yuri’s lips, “I hope that doesn’t make me a bad friend.”

Yuri almost forgot how to breathe with Jessica making her brain to mush, “Ah...”

Jessica giggled at the girl, “Next weekend there is a party at my parent’s home. Did you want to join us? Maybe after we can have some time alone.”

Yuri raised her eyebrows in shock, “Umm yea. Of course.”

“Great! It is formal and I will get you the details later.”  Jessica placed one last kiss on Yuri’s cheek before getting in her car.

“Drive safe Jessica.” Yuri said to the girl before she sped off in her silver Porsche. Holding onto her chest, Yuri watched the car speeding off in the distance hoping her heart would slow down a bit. Jessica had a way about her to make her heart and mind go haywire.

-----------------------

“I can’t believe you roped me into this,” Hyoyeon complained as she walked next to Yuri.

“Well she won’t see me. I just need you to show your face in the little monitor and then I will go up and great her. You can leave after that. Only will take a second!” Yuri tried to reason with the girl who was very reluctant to get in the middle of the two fighting friends.

Yet this didn’t stop Hyoyeon from grumbling the whole way up the stairs up to Sunny’s apartment. Trying to stay out of sight, Yuri hid behind the corner while Hyoyeon buzzed the door, “Sunny! Open up! I need to talk to you.”

There was no answer.

Hyoyeon rolled her eyes thinking of another way to make the girl open the door, “Taeyeon sent me because...”

The screen flashed, “Tell her I am busy.”

Hyoyeon couldn’t believe the mention of that witch was the only reason for her to respond on the speaker, “Sunny this can’t wait. Let me up so we can talk.”

Waiting a few minutes, Hyoyeon waited for the buzzing sound causing Yuri to dash for the door and enter. Sunny lived in a penthouse on the top floor so the girls rode the elevator all the way up and Yuri made sure to hide somewhere behind Hyoyeon who used her whole face to block the camera so Yuri could ride the elevator without Sunny seeing her.

The elevator opened to the entrance of the apartment with the door already unlocked, “Thanks Hyo. I will buy you anything you want after this.”

“Those new XX sneakers would look amazing on my feet.” Hyoyeon already planned on getting Yuri to pay for these $599 pair of shoes that she clearly didn’t need but wanted.

Yuri rolled her eyes, “Fine. Whatever. Get lost now so Sunny and I can make up and what not.”

Hyoyeon patted Yuri on the back, “Good luck. That short girl has a temper.”

Yuri laughed, “Not like you are much taller.” Causing Hyoyeon to roll her eyes and exit with the elevator.

Now that she was alone in Sunny’s apartment, Yuri took a few breaths to calm herself down because the confrontation with the girl wasn’t going to be an easy one especially after using Hyoyeon to just get a meeting with the girl.

Looking around the familiar apartment Yuri walked around wondering where Sunny was but as she walked near the kitchen, the taping of a keyboard gave away Sunny’s location. Going into the kitchen, Sunny was busy doing work, “Hey Hyo give me a minute.”

Yuri sighed once more, “Hyo left.”

Nearly slamming her laptop shut, Sunny turned around quickly, “What the...why are you here?”

Leaning up on a chair, Yuri dared to look Sunny in the eyes, “How long are you planning on ignoring me? We have things to do Sunny.”

“I have nothing to do with you.”

“Sunny you have to. It isn’t like a secret that I hate Taeyeon so I am not sure why you are getting worked up over it and all.”

Sunny walked up to Yuri, “that is exactly why! You say things about her but you don’t know anything!”

“Then tell me! Why are you being so stubborn and enlighten me?” Yuri was frustrated that she just arrived and the two were already yelling.

“Taeyeon is everything to us.”

“Us? I don’t remember sleeping with her.”

Sunny rolled her eyes, “Taeyeon is the reason we are not on the streets anymore. Do you know why that is?”

“Not really. She just showed up out of nowhere...then you and her had a thing.”

Sunny crossed her arms, “Taeyeon is APPLE.”

“What?” Yuri looked at Sunny in shock.

“I can’t go into things before Taeyeon came to Korea but I you should know that Taeyeon is the reason we are doing what we do. She is also the one that pays for your mistakes when you lose. You have no idea how much pressure you are putting on her right now. Other than putting most of her money into this, you are risking her to lose everything every time another investor drops.”

Yuri raised her brows in shock, “Seriously? Taeyeon? She is the one that I take orders from?”

“Yep.”

“That’s f’ed up...I c-can’t believe I took orders from her. Is that how we get the routes before races?”

“Yea. Taeyeon and I had a thing in the past but since we decided on organizing APPLE, we have been merely business partners. Nothing more.” Sunny paused for a few seconds while watching Yuri absorb all this information, “Taeyeon made us to who we are today Yul...I wish you would stop seeing her as the slim of the earth when she is everything we have and our future. Without her we go back to where we started.”

“Why did you keep this a secret from us?”

“What would you have said if you knew it was her? Would you have joined APPLE?”

“Well no...”

“Look Yul, Taeyeon needed you and the best way to get everyone on board was to keep the leader of APPLE a secret. It should stay that way too. No one can know Taeyeon is APPLE.”

Yuri watched the glare in Sunny’s eyes, “so what do you want me to say? You showed me the light and Taeyeon is a godsend? Cause I won’t. I saw what happened to you after she cheated on you. In case you forgot, it ripped your heart apart and we nearly found you in a dark alley dead.”

“Don’t exaggerate.  I only was doing some blackmarket dealing.”

“You could have gotten knifed for that! Shady people do that stuff.”

“Well I didn’t and I improved my hacking skills through all that. It was a great distraction...”

“Yet you forgave her?”

“No but she was offering you and Hyo a new life as some twisted way of saying “I am sorry for cheating on you”. How could I put my feelings in front of things involving you?” Tears started forming in Sunny’s eyes, “When everything turned to ...Yuri you were always there for us...this was the only way I could think of helping you.”

Yuri being the sap of the group was already bawling her eyes out and couldn’t resist the temptation to engulf Sunny in a bear hug, “I am so sorry. You didn’t need to do any of this for us!”

Sunny let her arms hang as Yuri hugged her, “Like I said...you know nothing.”

“I still hate Taeyeon but...” Yuri stepped back to wipe her tears, “I can tolerate her for you.”

Sunny laughed, “ok fine.”

“Friends again?”

“We never stopped being friends...” Sunny mumbled.

Yuri grinned as she went to hug Sunny again, “Sunny bunny!”

Sunny couldn’t hide the smile as she shook the girl off, “So what did you need me for anyway?”

“Of course we need your amazing computer skills.”

Sunny looked into Yuri’s eyes, “You know to beat them don’t you?”

Yuri gave the girl a devilish smile, “We know how to.”

Cracking her knuckles, Sunny grinned “Let’s get to work then.”

 

 

 


Author's Note

I had such a busy weekend that I couldn't finish writing this two days ago like I planned. 

I hope you liked all the YulxSunny moments. ^^