Going For the Win

Lucky Charm

Jessica lounged on her sofa reading the paper, 'Set to be the biggest merger in Korea, Kim Automaton acquires partnership with Jung Corporation...heiress Kim Taeyeon set to take over for her father that is in failing health...rumored marriage to Jung Corporation heiress Jung Jessica.' Hating every word in the article, Jessica throws the paper to the side and lays her head back onto the headrest.

"You look like you are on your deathbed."

Opening her eyes, she sees Sooyoung standing over her, "When did you get here?"

"I was always here sleeping in the guest room."

"Good thing you weren't a serial killer because I never hear you when you get in."

"I have the abilities of a cat who silently creep up on their prey."

"I am your prey?"

"Well in a way. You are my money maker."

Jessica groans as Sooyoung raps a bit, "Could you be less annoying? I am having a bad day."

Sooyoung makes her way to the wine closet and pulls out a red wine and two glasses, "Ok well your day can't get much worse so I will start with the bad news."

"What now," Jessica whines as she takes her glass ready to chug the whole thing.

"Yuri just won her 3rd straight win and APPLE invested in Tokyo's market. I heard they will expand their racing operations to Japan now."

Yep Jessica needed a drink bad and downed her glass, "Already going internationally...damn. So what other horrible news do you have?"

"Actually I have some great news to brighten up your day."

Jessica focused on filling up her glass to the brim with wine, "You could say a dog had puppies and that would be better than anything that happened today."

"Yuri is dropping out as an APPLE racer."

Jessica stopped drinking to look up at Sooyoung, "What?"

“I heard it through the grapevine that Yuri is withdrawing. There is a rumor that Taeyeon kicked her out but everyone knows Yuri wanted to retire a while back.”

Jessica crossed her legs as she eyed out Sooyoung, “So you want to go back and race? Take down APPLE by yourself?”

Sooyoung shook her head, “APPLE is untouchable in the Tokyo market.”

“Then what is the good news with Yuri dropping out? Taeyeon won and Yuri screwed me over.”

“Are you just going to admit defeat here? Sulking?”

“I am not sulking.”

Sooyoung tipped her glass back before standing up, “Come on. We are going out tonight.”

“No way. I am tired from work and...”

“Oh shut up and have fun with me! I live with you on a part-time basis and I haven’t seen you for months on end.” Walking over to pull a groaning Jessica off the coach, “You always have bad ideas so we are going out tonight.”

 

After a lot of groaning and complaining, Sooyoung managed to pull Jessica into a club where she continued to complain, “Really? This is where you wanted to go out?”

“Oh stop being a whiney almost-CEO and act your age. We go to clubs in our late twenties.”

When the doors opened, the bass pumped through, “Just get me a drink first.”

“Ok ok. I already got us a booth reserved in the back so your highness doesn’t ruin someone else’s day with her crappy attitude.”

Making her way to their usual booth, Jessica sat waiting for her drink. As she waited, she busied herself with her phone, not even bothering to look up when someone joined her in her booth, “I hope you got me something like 12 shots.”

The other woman giggled, “Sooyoung said you liked martinis so that is what I got.”

Jessica’s eyes shot up to see Yuri sitting next to her, “What are you doing here?”

“Should I not be here?”

Jessica slitted her eyes as she observed the woman before she put some pieces together, “What did Sooyoung tell you?”

Yuri raised her brows in surprise, “Nothing much. Just told me to be here and meet you because you were pinning over me.”

Jessica rolled her eyes, “More like planning on how to seek my revenge on you.”

“Aww why would you want to do that?”

“Oh I don’t know. Maybe because you sealed my fate in marrying Taeyeon.”

“Ah that. Have you talked to Taeyeon since then?”

Knowing she needed a drink, Jessica took the available martini and hoped that Yuri didn’t drug it, “why would I?”

“There has a lot been going on since then.”

“What do you mean?”

 

~1 year ago~

Yuri and Sunny sat in the racecar thinking, “Sunny I can’t do this anymore.”

“You know your car is uncomfortable.”

Yuri rolled her eyes, “I wasn’t going to have passengers when I raced.”

“Yet this car was built for two.”

“Aren’t you going to listen to my concerns?”

“I already know where this is going. Jessica blah blah blah, Taeyeon is a blah blah blah, I am poor blah blah blah.”

“You are so all knowing my short friend.”

“That is why I am the brains in this operation.”

“So what are we going to do? Say that I do win the 3 races I need to get out of Taeyeon’s contract. That won’t be good for me in the long run and Jessica...I don’t want to lose her...especially not to Taeyeon.”

“The only way Taeyeon would let something go is if she gets something greater in return. You have to remember that before being a , Taeyeon is an amazing business woman. We need some kind of insurance.”

“So you have something in mind?”

Sunny leaned her head back and closed her eyes, “No but we have time to think of something.”

“Say Sunny I have wanted to ask you something for a while now.”

“Yea?”

“How did Taeyeon get to you? You are a pretty good judge of character yet you let Taeyeon into your pants.”

“Ah that. It is simple. She is very charming.”

Yuri almost doubled over laughing, “I always saw her as a snake.”

“Snakes are y.”

“Oh goodness. We are in trouble if you like y snakes.”

“You just need some excitement in your life. What fun are normal relationships?”

“You really are not a romantic soul.”

“Yuri my dear, love will only give pain. I suggest you and I get out and you leave Jessica behind, but knowing you, that is something you won’t do. Therefore, my advice to you is, find something that will make Taeyeon want to forget Jessica.”

Yuri closed her eyes along with Sunny. They had time to think and that is what they did in that car, they thought of something that would make Taeyeon forget.

 

 

 


Author's Note

I would have made a very very long chapter but I am choosing to break it up to tell you that the next chapter will be the last. I wanted this to be a shorter story so I hope this doesn't come as a surprise that the story is coming to an end. Before the next chapter comes, I hope you find time to comment and tell me what you think Yuri will do to save Jessica or you can upvote and show support for this story that way.

I will see you readers soon!