Chapter 6

Letters from Mr. Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C h a p t e r  S i x

 

“Care to explain?” Bomi raised her eyebrows, shooting Naeun her curious look. Naeun shrugged, “What’s there to explain?”

They were in Naeun’s apartment, waiting for Naeun’s night shift at the 24-hour grocery store, sipping in their hot chocolates. The magazines were all over the table as the two of them intended to keep up with the latest trend and gossiping about things including boys which was a subject Naeun had been avoiding to talk about ever since she last met L.

Rolling her eyes, Bomi grabbed a pillow and smacked her friend, “About Mrs. Kim’s son? L? Kim Myungsoo?”

“Oh.”

“Now she remembers!” Bomi mocked, “What is it with you and that guy, Naeun?”

“There’s nothing going on between me and him.” Naeun replied, her voice sounded annoyed, “I barely know the guy!”

“Right.” Bomi snorted and lied on the couch, flipping the pages of Cleo magazine, her eyes fall on the new Donna Karan’s spring collection. Naeun threw glances at her best friend, biting her lips. She was contemplating whether to tell her or not. But, truth was, there was nothing much to tell because as she said, she barely knew the guy. The only thing she knew was his real name and that he was a friend of Sungyeol.

“Something on your mind?” Bomi tilted her head and smiled at Naeun who was fidgeting on the floor.

“What?” She replied absent-mindedly.

Bomi chuckled, “Naeun, you look like you’re constipating. Just tell me.”

“Fine.” Naeun sighed, “It’s about that Kim Myungsoo.” Bomi face lit up and she was about to open before Naeun beat her to it, “Now, before you say anything, Bomi, I’m telling the truth. I don’t know him at all. But there were a few occasions when we met and exchanged conversations and you know how I’m always the quiet and calm girl especially with someone who I just meet, right? But this guy, ugh! He’s infuriating. He knows nothing about me and vice versa but every time I met him I can’t seem to keep my mouth shut.”

Bomi laughed, her eyes turned crescent at Naeun’s words. Naeun gave her a look to which she laughed even louder, “I’m sorry, Naeun. But you’re just so adorable when you’re rambling like that.”

She sat up straight, putting the magazine on her laps, “Well, why don’t you try to get to know him? From what I’ve observed the other day, you two have some kind of attraction. I mean, who knows? Maybe he can be someone significant in your life in the future.”

“Yeah, when pigs fly.” Naeun scoffed, folding her arms across her chest.

“Oh, Son Naeun.” Bomi shook her head, “Just wait until you’ll eat up those words.”

“I won’t.” Naeun said, stucking her tongue out playfully.

Peering around the living room, Bomi suddenly realized how quiet it was. Not that it was noisy before but ever since Eunji moved in, Bomi was used to her constant complaints or random singing. They never really talked seeing how both of them dislike each other. Not hate, dislike.

“Where’s Eunji?” Bomi asked, trying to sound as discreet.

A playful smile appeared on Naeun’s face, “Why? Miss her already?”

Bomi narrowed her eyes, “No. I’m just asking.”

“She’s meeting up with her cousin.”

“I still don’t understand why you took her in.”

“She’s actually nice once you get to know her, Bomi.” Naeun said, bored that she had to go through this talk again, “I can picture you two becoming best friends in the future.”

“When pigs fly, Naeun.” Bomi mimicked her words earlier.

“And someday you’ll eat up those words, Yoon Bomi!”

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

Naeun had just finished her shift of the day at Pink Panda café and stepped out of the door in her black shorts and white tank top as she heard her name being called. She looked around until spotting the smiling Sungyeol a few foot away with hands in his pockets. He waved and she walked closer, offering a cherry smile, “Hey, Sungyeol! Fancy meeting you here.”

Sungyeol gave her a quiet laugh, “Are you watching that British soap again, Naeun?”

Smiling sheepishly, she gestured them to walk towards the park nearby. As they reached, Naeun sat on the swings and kicked her legs off, feeling herself flying in air and soon Sungyeol did the same. It had been awhile since they become good friends and Naeun was happy to have him by her side. Sungyeol was a great friend and she was thankful they met.

“How was your day, Sungyeol?”

“Fine, I guess.” He shrugged, his eyes were on the ice cream parlor across the park, “We’re starting on portraits today and my model was a guy named Boom.”

“He sounded fun!” Naeun giggled as she brushed her hair out of her eyes.

Sungyeol widened his grin hearing her hearty laugh before rolling his eyes, “I can introduce you to him, Naeun. And then you’ll know how much fun he actually is.”

Feigning a touched look, Naeun put her hand on her chest, “Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter