Chapter 14

Letters from Mr. Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C h a p t e r  F o u r t e e n

 

“Wow, you skipped a class and then got an offer from Jenny Park? Where’s karma when you need it?”

Naeun laughed at Eunji’s statement as she untied the knot behind her back and took off her uniform apron before stuffed it in her locker. She had ended her shift while Eunji had only began hers. She turned around, a huge smile on her face, “I know right? I mean, it’s a big deal, right?”

“Of course it is, you dumb girl!” Eunji leaned against her locker, her arms thrown in air, “This could be your big break.”

“I just can’t believe it when she told me.” Naeun said, the smile never left her face, “I think I froze for like 5 minutes.”

“But you said yes, right?”

Naeun shrugged in return, pretending to be interested in her ungroomed nails as Eunji surged forward, her hands shaking Naeun’s shoulder, “Naeun! Tell me you said yes!”

The girl erupted in laughter as Eunji kept shaking her shoulders, frustrated. Naeun took a deep breath once her laughter subsided, “I did! I did say yes!”

“I almost had a heart attack!” Eunji put her hand over her chest as Naeun rolled her eyes, “Oh, stop being so dramatic, Eunji.”

Eunji stuck her tongue out in return and opened her locker to put her bag in and grabbed the apron hung. She wrapped it around her and tied her hair up into a messy bun. Crossing her arms, she tilted her head and said, “So, I guess, you’ll be pretty busy, huh?”

“Yeah.” Naeun chuckled, a little nervous, “Plus, I have a dance recital in a month. You know, for the class I’m taking.”

Eunji nodded, “No time for romance, then?”

Cautiously, Naeun pinned her hair behind her ear before sighed heavily, “I really don’t want to talk about him. It makes my head hurt.”

“From the overwhelming feelings you have for him?”

She slapped Eunji’s arm and muttered, “Shut up.”

The two girls went out of the dressing room looping arms and they almost bumped into Sungyeol. A pair of washed out jeans wrapped his long legs and a red hoodie hung around his shoulder with a white shirt peeking out from inside. He was as surprised as Naeun and didn’t dare to look into her eyes as she asked, “Sungyeol? What are you doing back here?”

Sunyeol scratched his head, “I’m just –”

“He is shadowing me.” Eunji explained, “You know, for the new recruit.”

Naeun widened her eyes before a wide grin formed on her face, “Okay. Well, I have to go or I’ll be late for my next class. Have fun shadowing or something.”

Waving, Naeun then gave Sungyeol a teasing look before turning her heels and disappeared from their views. Sungyeol recognized that look and pulled his hair out, groaning, “Crap!”

“What?”

He looked over to his side, sighing, “She thinks we have something going on.”

“Euw.” Eunji made a disgusted face and Sungyeol feigned a hurtful look, “Oh, you wounded me. Please, that idea repulses me too.”

“Well, you have to set things straight or else she’ll want to play cupid on us.”

Sungyeol scoffed, “That’s ridiculous.”

“I know her. I live with that girl and she is just going to continue assuming, Yuli.”

“Whatever, let’s just start.”

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

“Great job today, everyone. I will see you again next week.” Mrs. Kim casted a small smile, “Naeun, I would like to see you after this.”

She dismissed everyone and the students bustled to quench their thirsts or taking off their dancing shoes as Bomi whispered to Naeun, “I’ll wait for you downstairs.”

Naeun nodded absently, gulping as she stepped forward heading to where her dancing teacher stood. She said, “Mrs. Kim?”

Mrs. Kim turned at her, “Ah, yes. Naeun.”

“Is everything alright?” Naeun blinked, “I mean, can I help you?”

“No.” She waved the younger off, “I just want to say congratulations. I heard from Jenny that you are going to be her newest play’s female lead.”

“Oh.” She felt the relief washed over her, “Um, thank you, Mrs. Kim.”

“I have to say –” Mrs. Kim hesitated before giving her a faint smile, “I was surprised that she picked you. That was a bold move. Don’t get me wrong, you’re lovely girl, Naeun. But you haven’t really impress me in classes. Well, Jenny has great eyes for big talent and she won’t stop talking about you since the audition so I guess, perhaps there is something special in you.”

Naeun gaped, shocked and taken aback. She was sure her dancing teacher just critiqued and praised her at the same time. Either way, she was grateful that Mrs. Kim paid attention. Shyly, she smiled, “Thank you again, Mrs. Kim.”

“I hope you will give your best, Naeun.”

“I will.”

“And the dance recital?” Mrs. Kim asked, raising her eyebrows.

“I’ll be preparing for it too.”

She gave Naeun a skeptical look, “Are you sure you can handle it? You’ll be very busy preparing for the play.”

“I’m confident that I will manage, ma’am.” She replied with an affirmative voice.

Mrs. Kim nodded tentatively, “Good luck, Naeun.”

She gave a smile in return before asking, “Anything else, ma’am?”

“Have you been seeing my son recently?”

That question stunned her that her irises increased by two folds before Naeun regained her composure, clearing , “Um. I saw him performed at his university’s festival.”

She stared at Naeun, a look the young lady couldn’t fathom and simply waved her off “Oh. Okay. That’s all. Thanks, Naeun. You can go.”

As she climbed down the st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter