Chapter 2

Letters from Mr. Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C h a p t e r  T w o

 

Two days had passed since Naeun was scolded in front of her dancing classmates by Mrs. Kim. That day, she went to her safe place and wrote a letter to herself. And guess what? All of her letters she used to hide there went missing yesterday and she found another letter from someone known as Mr. Stranger.

Naeun was in her apartment when she picked up the wrinkled paper from the coffee table and read it again for the zillionth times.

 

You have quite a life, huh? Don’t worry. You’ll get used to it. It’s never too easy to achieve something that big, you know. But I think you can pull it off. Even though I never meet you, by reading all of your letters, I felt like I know you. Well, you never write your name in those letters, so it’s fair that I don’t leave my name here too, right?

It’s really fun to know that there’s someone out there who is having problems as well. But, that’s how life works. You’ll never know what kind of matter life throws in your way.

Well, it’s been nice knowing you. If fate decides to cross our path, we’ll meet. If not, we’re just strangers then.

Good luck with your dream. Let me know if you have any more troubles. I’m happy to listen. I mean, read.

Yours sincerely,

Mr. Stranger

 

“Who is this Mr. Stranger?” Naeun grunted, scratching her head. But, somehow, her lips curved up. This stranger gave her a spark of hope. She was so shocked to find this letter at first but relieved after reading it. The letter was short and simple yet she never got tired of reading it whenever she wanted.

“Should I reply to this letter?” She mumbled to herself before walked into her room and kept it in the drawer safely. A sudden knock was heard at the door. Naeun rushed to open it and found smiling Bomi stood in front of her apartment.

 “Why aren’t you dress yet, Naeun?” Bomi asked her, slightly disappointed. ”Did you forget about our plan?”

Smiling sheepishly, Naeun told her to wait while she changed her clothes. Bomi sat on the couch and grabbed a magazine she found on the table. A smile plastered on her face as she read the contents.

 ‘Naeun bought a fashion magazine? That was very rare’, she thought.

“Oh, you’re dressed up!” Bomi walked towards Naeun and pulled her hand. “Come on.”

“Wait.” Naeun stopped as Bomi looked at her confusedly. “Where exactly are we going, Bomi?”

“It’s Sunday. There’s only one place to go, Naeun-ah.”

Naeun raised her eyebrow signing that she didn’t have any idea what Bomi was talking about.

Bomi’s face glowed as she opened , “I’m taking you to The Street.”

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

“What kind of place is this?” Naeun asked Bomi as they reached their destination. “How come I never heard about it?”

Bomi tilted her head, “Um, because you’re a boring person?”

“Bomi, I’m serious!”

“Alright, alright. I’m sorry.” The girl laughed and looped her arm into Naeun’s. “But it’s true, Naeun. Except for your work places and the dance institute, I’ve never really saw you going out just to have fun. That’s why, I brought you here today. Naeun, I officially introduce you to The Street.”

Naeun halted as she looked around her. Wow, The Street was indeed a really cool place for hanging out. She watched a bunch of guys playing skate boards at the court provided. Observing the unfamiliar faces, she did recognize a few of them. The Dalshabet, a couple who always order black forest at the café and a girl Naeun used to see walking with her dog every evening from the window of her room.

‘So, this is the place where everyone hangs out.’ She assumed. A few meters away from the skate board court, there was a huge space where they piled up various types of speakers. The sight in front of her looked as if it just came out straight off a dance movie. A really groovy movie. She then turned to Bomi with an excited smile, “You’re right, Bomi. I am a boring person. This place is really cool.”

Suddenly, the speakers were blasting a song which Naeun never heard of before and she could see that 7 guys suddenly changed the atmosphere. They danced to the loud music. People started to gather and watched them, cheering along. Naeun noticed how synchronized their moves were and couldn’t take her eyes off them.

“Wow, they’re incredible.” Naeun said in amazement.

“Of course they are. They’re the Infinite. Quite famous around here, you see.” Bomi pointe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter