Chapter 3

Letters from Mr. Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C h a p t e r  T h r e e

 

Hey! Where did all my letters go? Give them back >.< By the way, Mr. Stranger, thanks to your letter, I find strength again. It’s funny how we never knew each other yet your words are giving me hopes to achieve my dream. Today was so fun! My best friend in the whole world brought me to this place and it was an awesome visit.

Though some random girl almost ruined it, I met a nice guy. His name is.. Wait! I’m not gonna tell his real name to you because it’s against the rules, right? :p Okay, let’s call him ‘Scooter’. I know, lame. But, whatever. So, Scooter is really nice and apparently quite popular among the girls.

So, I decided that I would go there every week since I felt free being amongst the happy crowd. It’s like the world is ours. Shot! I had to practice. Bye!

She did the usual routine; folded the letter and hid it between the rocks. But this time, it was definitely different from before. When she comes here the next time, a new letter would be waiting for her.

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

Naeun yawned while going through the brochures she got from Bomi. The clock strike 12 and it was Monday. “It’s another brand new day!” She raised her hands up and yawned again. “I better get some sleep now.” Naeun was too tired to drag her feet so she plopped on the couch and drifted into slumber land.

Her phone rang after five minutes or that was how it felt. Naeun’s eyes fluttered open as her left hand ruffled on the table, reaching for her phone. Her index finger touched the phone so she quickly grabbed it. Sitting on the couch lazily, her hair messed up and she flipped open her pink Samsung X520 which she bought using her first salary. That was the first phone she ever owned.

“Hello.” She answered the phone with a hoarse voice.

“Good morning, sunshine!” Bomi giggled.

“What do you want, Bomi? I barely sleep.” The sleepy girl replied with a flick of exasperation.

“Nonsense! It’s almost 7 o’clock, Naeun. And you have to work in one hour.” Bomi nagged her, although sometimes she thought that Naeun was pushing herself too much by having two jobs.

“Fine! I’ll get up now. Are you happy now, Miss Pesky?”

Bomi laughed at her wit and retorted, “I am indeed, Miss Grumpy. I’ll meet you at the café later, okay? One of my lecturers cancelled his class so I’m free after the morning period.”

“Alright, see you there then.”

Stretching her ached back, Naeun glanced at the old clock hanging on the white plain wall. She picked the papers and put them neatly back on the table. Grabbing her towel in her room, she scurried to left, heading to take a refreshing shower before going to work.

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

Class hadn’t started yet so the boys were hanging at the cafeteria, enjoying their morning coffee. All of them except for Sungjong who was still in high school attended Woollim National University. Sunggyu and Woohyun were in the music department while Sungyeol, Hoya and Dongwoo were the art students. L was the only one who majored in business, following his father’s track, a successful entrepreneur. He hated it though but he was to abide by his father’s words.

 Even in their most idle moment, the Infinite was in the center of attention. Girls couldn’t help but drooling over the six guys who were playing around with each other while the boys watched with envy. At first, they found it very uncomfortable but got used to it as time passed.

“Yesterday was so much fun, right?” Sunggyu smiled widely, his eyes turned into crescents.

“I want to do it again today. Let’s bail, hyung” Woohyun eyes sparkled as he attempted to persuade the oldest. The others seemed interested with the idea of skipping classes. Dongwoo and Hoya exchanged hype glances, Sungyeol’s smile widened while L was just being L; busy listening to his iPod.

Sunggyu shook his head, “No, we have to write songs for the test, Woohyun. You’re not getting away again this time.” He looked at the others threateningly, “Neither do any of you.”

“Way to go to dictate the mood, hyung.” L surprisingly gawked at the leader.

“Don’t tell me you’re actually agreeing on this, L. Your father would throw tantrums.” Sungyeol smacked L’s head playfully. The younger one shrugged and continued sc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter