Lie 3: Its Too Hot In This Room

Confessions of a Pretty Hot Liar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Night passed during that day and Jaehyun was back to their dorms, opening the door to Hansol and Yuta's clamor over who gets to play the female character in Tekken that had the jiggling thing. Then he realized as he went to his shared room, he saw a portrait and a stuff toy.

He was sharing a room with Taeyong.

He wasn't sure if he was going to give distance to Taeyong or pretend like nothing happened. Thinking of the best way out, he stayed in his bunk, changed his clothes to loose sweats and began reading a book, trying to pry away his focus on the previous events of the day which were definitely going to be stuff of his hottest fantasies and worst nightmares.

His phone checks in to him to remind him that dinner was nearly up, as his Siri somehow linked up to Johnny's, their mother-cook, to know when their food was ready. Out from his room, he could smell the garlic aroma of Johnny's own-styled Terriyaki Beef, a Japanese dish that Yuta hated but the rest of the members extremely enjoyed.

"Food's ready" Johnny shouts from across the dorm and Jaehyun immediately hears scuffline from the other boys and murmurs of who takes which chair and the biggest portion to which Jaehyun couldn't care less today.

He was usually one of the big eaters in the group, but tonight, he wasn't feeling it, what happened awhile ago left a weird taste in his mouth that he couldn't pinpoint at, and it wasn't good or bad either.

He simply grogs and drags himself across the dorm and sits on one of the two empty chairs, prepares himself his utensils and begins eating with his dormmates, feeling half-hearted whilst eating.

Mid-dinner, whilst Yuta was talking about Korean pronounciation and how difficult it was, the door opens and all look to see a groggy Taeyong walk through and drop his duffel bag onto the living room's couch and proceeds to the kitchen table.

"Taeyong-a! What's wrong, c'mere, I made your favorite dish!!!" Johnny, the ever mother-figure of the household, invited Taeyong to eat with the other 8.

"Nah, nothing's wrong hyung, just a bit of stress here and there, y'know, the usual" He smiles and perks up again, but for half a second, gives Jaehyun an undeciphered look which he catches, to which he gulps audibly, nervous and starting to sweat.

Taeyong moves closer and sits beside Jaehyun, to where there was an empty chair, and begins to eat with the others. Eventually, Jaehyun suddenly commits to stuffing himself and tells he gives up and gives his portions to Taeyong, to which the older just nonchalantly places his plate on his, earning his extra share.

Jaehyun proceeds to their room, today just drained his mental state to no extent, and he doesn't know why, his body wasn't tired, but his brain was, from overthinking what just happened earlier that day, he was confused, no doubt, but something just made him want to reply that scene on his head on loop.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter