Lie 16: You Are My Starlight (ending)

Confessions of a Pretty Hot Liar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note at the end so please bear with me (this is the last chapter). 

Starlight (the song encaptures the moment of me imagining the story)

---

Don't you see the starlight, don't you stop dreaming the impossible things

There Jaehyun stood. Lights blinding and flashing nonstop as if he were inside a star, and clearly he was. A superstar, an idol and a celebrity. Just then he could hear the screams of people in adoration, eyes gleaming in happiness and ecstasy for seeing him and what he loved to do the most. As Taeil's voice echoed throughout the stadium, the song's beats fill the dome and he can feel his heart pounding in his chest.

He made it now, after three years of hard work, sweat, sleepless nights, dedication, sense of hopelessness, sense of pride, sense of everything. He was now standing in the middle of a dome for their world tour as a member of NCT. He remembers how elated the others (and him as well) were the moment they were announced as a whole unit and that they were finally debuting. Yuta's teary eyes, Taeil's shaky hands and Mark's wide smile were one of the most memorable images plastered on his brain, how his own body was about to convulse into nothingness due to happiness. 

"Everyone! Sing with us!" Doyoung screams onto the phone as a green wave of fansticks overflow Jaehyun's senses, as he stands in the middle of the stage whilst the others run around, smiles and tears of happiness overflowing some of the members beautiful gazes as they finally achieve what they've wanted ever since they were young. He remembers how he met all of the others a few years ago and how much they all grew together and became like brothers."This song is from a foreign singer named Taylor Swift!" Jaehyun says through the mic, grinning like an idiot as ecstasy still fails to leave his system.

The song reminded him of a certain someone, the certain someone running across the catwalk as confetti and lights blare through his body and a wide grin stuck onto his face as if permanent, Jaehyun too, knew he felt the same way as he and the other members are right now.

I said, "Oh my, what a marvelous tune"

It was the best night, never would forget how he moved.

The whole place was dressed to the nines, And we were dancing, dancing Like we're made of starlight

Some fans knew the song, some didn't. But it didn't matter, if anything Jaehyun suggested the song because it made him dream more, dream of Taeyong more, dream together with him and fulfill those dreams together.

We were 17 and crazy, running wild.

Can't remember what song it was playing when we walked in

Jaehyun sang wholeheartedly as the wave of fans screamed the lyrics alongside him. It was in English but surprisingly more than half of the front row he was singing to knew the words to the song. Of course this elated the other seeing as how he suggested the song. The lyrics immediately reminded him of certain times:

---

I was 17. The first time I laid eyes on him.

I walked in, it was the first of thousands of days I would spend with him and so many others. Training, blood, sweat, hard work and dedication all poured out in the future. But right at that moment, I saw him. Eyes wide open and glinting as if they were true starlight...

"I'm Lee Taeyong. Please take care of me well." the handsome boy said to me. and of course like the starstruck person I was, all I managed was a stutter and a nod. "H-hi. J-Jaehyun." I said, I exactly remember how his lips curved into a sly grin, and from there on I knew he had a sense of humor that I would get along...

How I wished I knew that humor would get me falling for him in more ways than one.

"Oh. Jaehyun-ah. Nice to meet you." I remember the way Minhyung laughed at me for looking like a lovelorn and lost puppy in front of Taeyong's black hair puffing out in all directions. "Please forgive our Jaehyunnie hyung. He's just like this... rarely." I also remember how I nearly punched the living lights out of Minhyung for nearly ratting me out, 15 year olds at that time...

"Oh, speaking of which Jaehyun-ah. How old are you?" he asked and immediately I wished he was older than me. Not that I had a thing for older people of course.

"I'm 17."

"20. Call me hyung." Taeyong-hyung sounded like such a hot word.

And from there on out, it took me at least 2 years to man up and ended up with this mess of a complicated love-filled relationship with my hyung who approached me with his dashingly amazing black hair Lee Taeyong.

---

As the thoughts passed through Jaehyun's head, his head instinctively turns to look for its source. After much jolly-walking and touching of hands with the thousands of fans in the dome, he finally found who he was looking for with a lot of teasing from Minhyung and Donghyuck. That's when Doyoung's voice hit the right notes in his head once again

Can't remember what song was playing

When I walked in~~~

---

A dark rainy afternoon, with much sweat and anticipation I left my duffel bag in the practice room to clean myself up in the washroom of the company building. I ran for it and opened the misty glass door to be welcomed to quite the sight (who thought I'd ever see him like this?).

There he was, bass playing loudly in the wide bathroom open space dancing as if he was alone (the door had a sound-stopper so he probably couldn't hear me) and all I could do was gawk at the water-like movements of his waist, his hips, his legs, his back, his everything.

God, Taeyong was beautiful. In that moment, in every moment.

After much staring, I instinctively walked to him (completely ignoring my sweaty figure clashing with his lean one) and wrapped my palms around his stomach. Nonchalantly, he suddenly opens his lips and leans sidewards; opening himself up for me in every way possible. I could feel both of our body's heat clashing and shaking upon contact. 

"Jae-" was all the other whimpered. Even with his fragile state, he still managed to move freely to the beat of the deep bass and I as well along the rhythm with his body as if we were two parts of a coin and spun on the same direction. The way Taeyong would look at me during these times were one of the reasons I was completely weak against his gaze... 

It was mesmerizing.

It was terrifying.

But it was beautiful. ing beautiful.

---

"Lee Taeyong!" Jaehyun suddenly screams and runs across the concert boardwalk towards his lean and fit figure (Jaehyun still thinks its ridiculous how Taeyong's developed muscles nearly as much as his own; its making his life even more difficult), immediately wrapping his hands around the other's waist as if it was clockwork (which, it was.) and then sings the rest of the background harmonies of the song as he stares deep into the other's eyes. (it still gets him how Taeyong's slightly brown tint in his orbs makes it look like he's seeing a different galaxy)

"Jung Jaehyun." Taeyong flats out. The song's guitar rhythm falls off and what's left are the sounds and screams of fans and their chants of love for the popular ship of 'JAEYONG' (it still impresses Jaehyun how these fans are so supportive of their 'fictional ship' to the point of bringing these banners

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter