Chapter Nine.

The Love Replacement.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Nine.

 

 

Sumin was beyond angry at her best-friend. She had been lying to her all this while, how could she do that? Didn’t she even trust her that much? Was their friendship only worth this much to Nayoung? They had been friends for almost seven years, and Sumin practically considered Nayoung as her family, as her sister. She wanted her to confide with her, she wanted Nayoung to trust her; she most certainly didn’t want Nayoung to be keeping secrets from her, although Sumin had also hid something from Nayoung but that was only for her benefit.

After everything they had been through, she expected Nayoung to tell her everything. Sumin had seen it all, she had seen Nayoung breaking down when her father had gotten seriously ill, she was there when Nayoung was having a mental-breakdown about doing well in exams to maintain her scholarship and most importantly she had given up the guy she liked because Nayoung happened to like the same guy. Yes, she had liked Jongin for a long time. But she also knew how Nayoung felt about him; she had decided to bury her feelings deep inside because she believed that it was Nayoung that truly deserved him. It was just a crush right, it would pass.

Now that she knew the truth she felt like a fool. She was hell-bent on getting her best-friend together with her crush, but her best-friend didn’t even want to be with him in the first place. She preferred to be with the guy who was supposed to marry her instead. Everything was a mess, she found herself worrying about Jongin. It did make sense now; Jongin had been quite gloomy of late. And it possibly had something to do with Nayoung. She knew how much the guy was fond of her, she wouldn’t forget the day he had actually made an attempt to speak to her, and it was just his way to get to Nayoung.

Was that how Nayoung felt when some guy approached her, to get closer to Sumin? The one guy she actually liked happened to like her best-friend instead. What an irony, she thought.

 

“Sumin, can I talk to for a second?” Sumin wondered why the tall, dark-haired soccer team captain wanted to talk to her all of sudden. Not that she minded though, she’s had a crush on him ever since she met him but so did her best-friend.

“Yeah, sure” She beamed at the guy, her heart racing slightly with his close proximity.

He scratched the back of his neck and grinned sheepishly, a grin that melted Sumin’s heart.

“Uhmm, I really don’t know how to say this, but could you help me something?”

Sumin couldn’t understand what was going on, what did he want from her?

“I was hoping you’d help me…” He continued.

“Listen, so…”

Sumin had probably never heard him stutter so much, boy wasn’t he nervous.

“I really like Nayoung, okay. I was hoping you’d help me out…y’know with that.”

Sumin froze, he liked Nayoung? Shouldn’t she be happy for her best-friend? But why wasn’t she happy?

Was it really a crush? She doubted it. It was more than that. All the time she spent with him those boring business parties with their families, she got to know him more. He was funny, down to earth and humble. No wonder Nayoung liked him; he was most certainly her type. What she didn’t realize was that she was falling for him as well. She loved how he was passionate about all the things he did, how he cared about his friends and team-mates and how he did everything to make his father proud. He wasn’t like those other vain and douche-y guys, he was a genuinely nice person. And he was someone who suited Nayoung better than herself.

She was bitter, how could she think of him this way when her best-friend clearly liked him? But what was she to do, it wasn’t like her emotions and feelings were under her control. She had learnt to use Nayoung as an excuse to be next to him, she would always accompany Nayoung to the game pretending to give her company when in reality she couldn’t wait to see him play. He was happiest when he played, she had noticed and that brought a smile to her face.

But he liked Nayoung and Nayoung liked him, everything was perfect. She just had to settle her heart and get rid of the damn feelings.

“Uhmm, just forget I said that.” Jongin spoke again when he earned no response from the girl.

He was about to walk away, when Sumin grabbed his arm. She put on a bright face and smiled at the guy.

“I’d love to help you out.” She exclaimed. She saw how his eyes lit up. He lunged forward to engulf hear into an enthusiastic hug, she could tell he was happy.

“Gosh, thank you, thank you.” He uttered repeatedly.

 

She had every damn rig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter