Chapter Two.

The Love Replacement.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Two.

 

 

Nayoung tossed and turned in her bed, being unable to sleep. Tomorrow would be the big day, when she pretended to be Sumin and go on a date with her to-be fiancé, well more like foil Sumin's chances of becoming his fiancée.  It had to be easy right? She was known to be clumsy and awkward, all she had to do was be her nervous self and she'd certainly end up ruining the date. And hopefully the guy would never want to meet 'Sumin' again.

 

She wondered how the man looked, he most certainly was successful given the way he had expanded his business in such a short time-frame. Apparently he was only twenty-six as Sumin had told her and Nayoung had appreciated how the man had achieved a lot for his age. No wonder Sumin's father was so keen on establishing a relation with this person; she could see how that would be of benefit to the old man's business.

 

She shuddered at the thought of Sumin's father finding out about their deeds, he was a scary, intimidating person and she usually avoided him whenever she went over to Sumin's place, which was quite often. Sumin had assured her that he wouldn't find out; besides she could always pretend to be the heart-broken girl after his 'rejection' and maybe her father would forget about the whole arranged-marriage deal. No matter how important the deal would have been, he'd always put Sumin's needs first for she was his beloved daughter.

 

Alright, she could get through this, she thought. How intimidating could the guy be? In fact, it'd be better if she were intimidated by him, that way she'd be more nervous and would probably mess up in seconds, getting rid of the guy easily. There was no way a smart man like him would want the likes of her.

She glanced at the alarm clock next to her bed, it was almost an hour past midnight, and she should probably go to sleep. She decided to brush all those thoughts away and get some sleep. 

 

She could always think of Jongin, the guy with the dazzling smile, dusky exotic-looking skin and plump lips that made every girl in the college go weak. He happened to be her senior, which meant he'd graduate this year. And if she needed to tell him about her feelings, she needed to act fast. She remembered the first time she ran into him. It was the first day of college, she couldn't find Sumin and she had already managed to lose her way, thanks to the enormous university building.

 

She was wandering aimlessly in one of the corridors when she ran into a gorgeous man; it seemed as if he had just stepped out of the gym, his toned body covered in sweat. He looked at her helplessly looking around; she seemed new to the place. Of course, she had to be one of the freshmen, he noted.

 

"Are you lost, perhaps?" he asked to the bewildered girl, who looked behind her just to make sure that he was talking to her and not anyone else.

 

She pointed a finger at herself, as if asking if he was talking to her. He chuckled, the girl was cute he thought, with her beady almond eyes and bangs that covered her entire forehead.

 

"Yeah, are you lost?" he asked again with a playful grin on his face.

 

The girl grinned sheepishly, hiding his clammy palms behind her. He was by far the most handsome guy she had ever met, she could feel her heart palpitating and blood rushing on to her cheeks. Sumin had warned her about meeting extremely attractive guys in the university, but the person standing in front of her wasn’t merely attractive; he was like a direct descendant of Adonis.

 

 

"Y-yeah. C-could you help me out?" she stuttered. 

 

"Sure. You must be new here." She nodded vigorously, making him chuckle again. And Nayoung could have sworn that she fell in love as he led her out of the corridors, back to her classes. He had even given her his contact number, in case she needed any more help. She obviously didn't have the guts to call him after that but she had kept the piece of paper in which he had scribbled his number, it was her most prized possession, not in a creepy way of course.

 

Subsequently, she had learnt that Jongin was the captain of the football team that had had a winning streak of over seven years now, for they were always the champions of the inter-university tournaments. But over the past two years, she hadn't really spoke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter