Chapter Four.

The Love Replacement.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                                             

Chapter Four.

 

 

 

It was her 'date day' with Kim Jongin as Sumin had reminded her plenty of times. If it had been a few weeks ago, heck even a few days back Nayoung would have obviously been ecstatic about her date; she swooned even at the slight mention of his name. Now, however her mind was occupied with something else, she didn't know if it was right to go behind Sumin's back and meet her supposed fiancé. The guilt was eating her up alive, but then again she had never felt so strongly for someone before, not even Jongin. Yixing was not only attractive; he had an aura, and a charm she found herself being drawn to. Not to mention that they had actually managed to hit it off well. Sure, she did stutter initially but the way he spoke put her into ease.

 

She was a reserved person, being the lone child with no siblings growing up she wasn't really used to having people around. It was just her and her father, they lived in a small town near Seoul, her father was happy with his job and she only thought of doing well at school so she could go to college in a prestigious university and make her father proud. No one was allowed to talk about her mother, but from what she had learnt from her aunt, her mother had apparently abandoned her and her father as soon as she was born, leaving her father with a broken heart and also the responsibility of taking care of the new-born infant. She was always grateful to her father; he had never made her mother's absence evident. True that he couldn't fill in for everything a mother took care of, he still tried his best.

 

Sumin was her first friend ever. Nayoung's aunt had pestered her father to send the child to a good school in Seoul so she'd be more prepared for her college entrances and after putting a lot of thought in it, her father did send her to Seoul to a prestigious high school. The whole experience was different; she was in a new city surrounded by new people. It was overwhelming at times, she never really had anyone to talk to, but that was only until Sumin barged into her life.

The girl kept pestering her to hang out with her until Nayoung finally gave in and now she could barely think of a life without Sumin in it. And that also happened to be the reason why she felt remorseful for keeping in touch with Yixing; it was almost as if she was betraying Sumin's trust. She had to admit there was something about Zhang Yixing that made her break free of all her inhibitions and be with him. But that would happen only if he desired the same thing, she thought. The fact that she was lying to him and pretending to be a different person wasn't exactly the right foot to start on.

 

She now found herself sitting on the bleachers of their stadium, the game was about to begin. Sumin who was seated beside her was slurping her soda noisily, waiting for the game to begin. The entire stadium was covered with waves of blue and white, which happened to be the official colors of their university; Nayoung herself had donned something blue unknowingly which made her blend in with the crowd. It wasn't her first time watching a football match; she had watched their games on countless occasions, hoping to get a glimpse of Jongin. He had always been the star player, the captain of the team and a very good one at that. They had been undefeated this season, everyone was rooting for them.

Playing football came effortlessly to Jongin; it was a delight to watch him play. But Nayoung was certain that the large crowd of spectators, which mostly comprised of girls, had only come to watch the hot players, instead of the game itself. She was a little like them, if she were to admit, she paid more attention to Jongin than the others. She had never really been interested in the game before, but she had forced herself to learn the rules just for him. She supposed that’s what girls did when they were infatuated with someone; they tried to like the same interests as them.

 

The game went on; both sides not even close to scoring. Sumin had nearly dozed off after finishing her soda, Nayoung slightly shook her head at her sleeping best-friend. She knew Sumin wasn't very fond of these games, yet she watched them just to accompany her. Sighing slightly she glanced at her phone, hoping her phone would buzz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter