Chapter Ten.

The Love Replacement.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Ten.

 

 

Sumin and Nayoung hadn’t spoken to each other in weeks; everybody could sense the tension between the two. It was quite obvious, the two girls were that were literally inseparable before. And now they didn’t even wish to be within a five mile radius to each other. Nayoung on numerous occasions had tried to talk to her, trying to apologize but Sumin just refused to hear her out. Nayoung had eventually given up; especially after Jongin had convinced her that maybe she needed some space.

“Just when I thought my life couldn’t get any worse, I get dragged into this best-friend drama.”

Jongin sighed. He was in the locker room with one of his best buddies and team-mate Baekhyun, who had casually asked him what was going on in Jongin’s life. What the guy didn’t expect was the other boy to be so open. He had continued ranting about everything that had happened to him in the past week. Baekhyun wondered how it was possible for someone’s life to be so damn complicated. He did sympathize with his captain when he spoke about his Dad’s expectations but later on he almost dozed off, Jongin wouldn’t stop talking. But his ears perked up when he mentioned the tiff between Nayoung and Sumin. He, like the others, was also quite curious to know what had happened. Call him a gossip monger, but he was er for these kinds of things. He believed they added spice to the otherwise boring university life and what was even worse was that they happened to study the most boring major anyone could choose.

Wanting to know more, Baekhyun urged Jongin to continue. He had no idea that Jongin was involved in this until now.

“Woah, so let me get this straight. They are fighting because of you?” He asked Jongin, his eyes glinting with amusement and surprise.

Jongin scoffed and hit the older guy’s head lightly.

“Is that what you got out of all this?”

“Well there’s no reason for Sumin to be so bitter. I mean she doesn’t give a damn about this fiancé of hers, she’s just upset that you picked Nayoung.” Baekhyun shrugged and closed his locker door, almost ready to spread the new piece of gossip he had learnt.

Jongin, who did feel a little better after letting out all that was in his mind, realized he may have spoken a bit too much.

“Baekhyun-ah, listen keep this to yourself, alright?”

Baekhyun nodded vigorously like he didn’t almost mean it.

“Yeah yeah certainly. I gotta run, so bye.” He walked away leaving his flustered Captain behind. Jongin ruffled his hair in frustration; he didn’t like seeing Nayoung upset. He hoped the two friends would sort out everything. And he’d definitely be glad if he was left out of it. Who would have known, he thought. He was almost shocked at Sumin’s confession. He did admire her for setting her feelings aside to help her friend. In a way, she was just like him. They both were facing a one-sided love. He was a little flattered that she thought of him in that way, but he was afraid that he couldn’t return her feelings. Because the only girl he wanted was her best-friend instead.

He felt bad for thinking this way, but he hoped Nayoung would tell the other guy the truth and he would break things off with her. Would she come to him then? Would that ever happen? Was it selfish of him to think that way? But what was he to do when the only thing he looked forward to everyday was spending time with her. Sure, he had told her he was okay with them being friends but how was he to get over his feelings so soon. He was human after all. Besides, his father pestering him to work meant he couldn’t distract himself by playing soccer.

He quickly packed all his training clothes in his gym bag and headed out of the locker room only to find a petite, brown-haired girl standing outside. He ignored her and continued to walk, he felt guilty every time he saw her considering how he was also one of the reasons for her misery.

“Jongin” she called out to him.

He mustn’t be rude, he thought.

“What is it?” He asked her impatiently.

“I’m sorry okay. I didn’t mean to say those things.” She avoided his eyes and looked down at her shoes.

“Listen, Sumin, if there’s anyone you should apologize to; it’s Nayoung, not me.”

                                                                           ***

“This is ridiculous. How the hell could you screw this up? If you can’t even hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter