Chapter Fourteen.

The Love Replacement.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Chapter Fourteen.

 

 

Sumin had a frown etched on her face, it was the first day without Nayoung. She felt weird, it was as if there was something missing, and it didn’t feel right. Sure, she had other friends she could hang out with but they weren’t Nayoung. She hoped the girl was doing fine at home, in a way it was good, she would at least be with her father for a while. But she did want the girl to come back soon, Nayoung hadn’t exactly revealed when she intended to come back.

Jongin had been following her around constantly ever since she stepped foot into the building this morning. Although, she did secretly enjoy it, she didn’t want him to follow her around because she knew he was forced by Nayoung to accompany her and that he would never willingly spend his time with her.

 

“Would you go away?” Sumin scowled at the guy who didn’t budge, even after her repeated tantrums.

 

“Nope” Jongin smirked a little, annoying the girl more.

 

“Listen I can take care of myself, okay? So forget what Nayoung told you and leave me alone.”

 

“Can’t do that.” He walked closer to her; she could literally feel him breathing down her neck. And boy wasn’t she nervous; her heart seemed to beat almost a hundred times faster. Why wouldn’t it? The guy standing next to her was the guy she had liked for so long.

But she knew that the only girl in his heart was Nayoung, so there wasn’t much she could do than push him away. She was afraid she would end up getting hurt otherwise.

Before she could utter anything else Jongin grabbed the girl’s hand and dragged her towards the cafeteria.

“You’re gonna have lunch with me today.”

 

 

So Sumin had finally settled in a chair opposite his, he had got food trays for the both of them. She was slightly surprised when her tray contained exactly what she liked. She frowned she saw it; she knew Nayoung was behind all this. Was her best-friend trying to set her up with him? It surely did seem like it.

But how was she supposed to have a normal conversation with him after what had happened. He certainly knew about her feelings now after her outburst and accidental confession. And she was quite embarrassed about it.

She glanced at Jongin who was busy digging into his food, he wasn’t awkward around her. Should she do the same thing? Should she pretend like all that had never happened?

 

“Did you speak to Nayoung?” He asked suddenly breaking her chain of thoughts.

 

She shook her head; she hadn’t spoken to the girl after their meeting at the café.

 

“She just sent me a text saying she reached. Nothing else.”

Jongin nodded in response. Maybe it was better to leave the girl alone, but he found himself being constantly worried about her.

And the way she looked yesterday he hadn’t felt like letting her go. She seemed so lost and broken, he wanted to hold her and tell her everything would be fine. But how could he? He wasn’t the one she wanted.

 

Jongin was on the verge of falling asleep when his phone rang. Switching on the bed-side lamp, he squinted his eyes; Nayoung’s name was flashing on the screen. Without wasting another second he picked up the call, hoping the girl was okay.

“Jongin, I’m sorry I disturbed you.” The girl spoke; he didn’t miss the way she was sniffing. She had been crying for sure.

 

“Are you alright, Nayoung-ah? Where are you?” He asked frantically, he could make out that she wasn’t at home; he could clearly hear some noise in the background. He was beyond worried, what was she doing outside so late at night?

 

“I’m outside my apartment.” She muttered.

“Could you drop me to the bus depot, please?”

 

He had gotten dressed in a flash and rushed to where the girl was. She smiled weakly at the guy, her eyes a little puffy and swollen.

 

“So, you told him?” He hesitated to ask, he was afraid that the girl might cry again. She nodded her head feebly.

“I left him a letter.”

Her voice cracked, she was almost on the verge of crying again. Jongin quickly wrapped his arms around the girl and almost immediately she broke down, sobbing uncontrollably.

She had cried throughout their way to the bus depot, he almost didn’t want to let the girl leave.

 

“Thank you, Jongin.” She had flashed him a sincere smile though her eyes continued to water.

 

“Thank you for being there. I hope you can take good care of Sumin.”

 

She waved at the guy, trying hard to control her tears.

 

“Come back soon, Nayoung-ah.” He had yelled when she was about the leave.

 

She had nodded vigorously to assure him that she’d be back although she doubted if she would. She definitely didn’t feel like coming back.

 

                                                                                                                         ***

 

Nayoung looked around as soon as she got down from her bus; she was fascinated as to how much had changed in such a small amount of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter