Chapter Eight.

The Love Replacement.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eight.

 

 

                                                                                                                           

Nayoung was lost in her thoughts, she hadn’t noticed her best-friend who had settled right next to her and was observing her as if she were an extra-terrestrial creature. Not being able to take it anymore, Sumin inched forward to pinch Nayoung’s nose earning a yelp from the girl.

“Great, I finally have your attention.”

Sumin exclaimed while her best-friend continued to glare at her, rubbing her nose simultaneously. She was worried about Yixing who was bed-ridden with a cold. She felt a little guilty; it might have been because of her. If she hadn’t behaved like an immature pre-teen kid and splashed water all over him which had eventually turned into a water fight between the two, he probably wouldn’t have caught a cold. But, she had to say the guy had a terrible immune-system, she was perfectly fine even though she had been drenched from head to toe and hadn’t really bothered changing out of her clothes, nothing had happened to her.

She wondered if Yixing was actually happy, he seemed to be loving all the attention she was showering him with. She was literally babying him, she had even made him some hot chicken soup, fed him medicines and accompanied him until he fell asleep, not that he was willing to let her go anyway. Now, that she was certain that the Chinese male had recovered from his cold, he still seemed to be putting on an act. She had to hide her cell-phone from her professor earlier when Yixing wouldn’t stop texting her, pestering her to skip class and accompany him because he was bored apparently from being cooped up in his room all day. She was actually thinking of doing so; her finance class wasn’t really something she was looking forward to, until Sumin decided to break her off her thoughts.

 

“Wow, what’s gotten into you? You’re like love-sick or something.”

Sumin continued to wonder what was wrong with her best-friend. Her best-friend however didn’t respond to what she had just concluded.

 

“Anyway, what’s up with your lover-boy? He seems off today.”

 

Nayoung took a minute or two to figure out who Sumin was actually referring to. She still hadn’t told her anything about Yixing, she did intend to but she somehow couldn’t find the right time or place. Besides, something or the other kept coming up whenever she did plan to tell.

“Why what’s wrong with him?”

Nayoung asked while her eyes caught Jongin who was seated a few tables away from them in the cafeteria, he did seem a little gloomy but other than that he seemed like his normal self. She was surprised how Sumin noticed it before she did, if she wasn’t preoccupied with her thoughts, she might have noticed. Now that she thought about it did seem like something was wrong.

“I don’t know, aren’t you the one that’s supposed to know?” Sumin raised one of her eye-brows quizzically.

Was it time to tell her? Nayoung wondered. How long could she possibly pretend like Jongin and her were really hitting it off, when actually she had spending all her time with Sumin’s supposed fiancé pretending to be her.

 

“Sumin, I... I need to tell you something.”

Nayoung spoke out finally. She couldn’t hide it any longer; it would be unjust to her best-friend if she did so.

 

“Well, whatever it is can wait. Go console him.” Sumin pointed towards Jongin who was fidgeting with his food and not making any attempt to eat it.

“But we really need to talk.” Nayoung insisted. She had made up her mind to tell Sumin and get over with it once and for all. And whatever Sumin had to say, she’d deal with it. If she wanted her to stop meeting Yixing, she would because that was the right thing to do.

“Yes, we would talk, but later. Go to him now.”

 

N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter