Chapter Eleven.

The Love Replacement.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Eleven.

 

 

Nayoung played with the hem of her skirt nervously as she eyed the guy sitting next to her. He was busy typing something on his laptop; at least a dozen files were thrown around next to him. She could tell he wasn’t in a good mood, but she had to let him know. She couldn’t possibly go visit his parents, not when she wasn’t the actual Sumin he was supposed to marry. Marrying was way out of question, wasn’t it? It’s not like he would want to do anything with her after she told him the truth. But, what if, what if he liked the real her? Would he let it slide, was that possible?

She was just an average girl, she had no prospects and marrying her would definitely would be of no use to him, in fact she was certain it would be more of a burden. She had gotten ahead of herself thinking he wouldn’t care. But this wasn’t some fairy-tale or a romantic movie she saw, in the real world, people like her didn’t end up with the likes of someone like Zhang Yixing.

 If he treated her nicely, it was only because he thought she was the girl he was supposed to marry. The way he was typing on his laptop, trying to rectify some work showed how much this mattered to him. He was going on and on about how they had lost some investors and how that would affect the stocks of their company but all she could think of was how he cared about his work. Was it possible that marrying Sumin was just an investment to him?

Growing up her aunt had told her not to fall in love. It hadn’t worked out well for her father, her aunt had told. Apparently her father had given up everything for her mother; he had given up his dream job so he could stay with her. But what had she done? She had run away, possibly with another man according to what her aunt had said. She had been taught that love was something which should be reserved to movies and books, yet she had found herself falling in love with the guy sitting next to her.

Was she in love with him? She wondered. She never knew what love meant. But from what she had read and witnessed, it was an indescribable feeling. People were happy when they were in love; she had to admit she was happy as well. She looked forward to spending time with him, he made her laugh. And most importantly, people dreaded being separated from their loved ones. Wasn’t that exactly what she was facing right now?

 Her mind was being haunted with the fact that the very moment when she tells him the truth, she would be breaking all their ties. She might not see him again; he wouldn’t want to see her again. She wouldn’t blame him, she though, she had been lying to him. And if she were in his place, she doubted if she’d have forgiven herself.

 

After what seemed like hours, Yixing finally settled his laptop down shutting the lid. He looked at her and grinned happily.

 

“I’m all done.” He spoke way too enthusiastically.

 

“I’m sorry if you were bored.” He pulled her closer to him by her waist, planting a sweet kiss on her temple.

 

Nayoung couldn’t utter a word. The time had come, she thought. She took a deep breath and gazed into his beautiful brown orbs. His eyes always seemed to convey so many things, right now he was looking at her with a hint of admiration.

 

“Yixing, I need to tell you something.”

 

Yixing couldn’t decipher what was going on in her head; there was something off about the way she looked at him. He had to admit he was a little afraid. Things were great between them; it was almost perfect, too perfect that it scared him. At the back of his mind, there were these unpleasant thoughts that something would go wrong. He didn’t know why, but every time he met her it felt as if she would reveal some secret. A secret which he didn’t want to know because it would possibly mean they couldn’t be together. And that was the last thing he wanted.

The past few months were the best ones of his life, the petite girl who sat in front of him had become his world. He never really thought of himself as a person who would fall in love with someone. He honestly hadn’t cared much about it but that was until he met Nayoung. He knew he was expected to marry an heiress and probably have kids so they could continue the family bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter