Chapter Three.

The Love Replacement.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Three.

 

 

 

 

Sumin grabbed Nayoung when she found the girl rushing out of one of her classes; she hadn’t really found the chance to ask Nayoung about her ‘date’ yesterday. She didn't know if she was imagining things, but it seemed as if her best-friend was avoiding her. Was she mad at her? She didn't know. Did it have something to do with the date she went on, was it that bad that she didn't even want to talk to her anymore.

 

Nayoung was startled by her friend's sudden appearance; she thought she could avoid her for a while so she wouldn't have to talk about her meeting with Zhang Yixing. Would she lie, what was she supposed to tell her? She wasn't quite certain herself about how well, rather how bad the ‘date’ went.

 

"Guess what?" Sumin beamed at Nayoung.

 

"What?" Nayoung asked instinctively.

 

"So, I was walking out of the cafeteria and I ran into guess who?"

 

Nayoung's face remained stoic, making no attempts to guess.

 

"Kim Jongin," Sumin squealed, hoping her friend would share the same eagerness.

 

"Oh."

 

"Oh? It's Kim Jongin for God's sakes. And you know what he told me?" Sumin continued when Nayoung still didn't respond, her mind was elsewhere.

She was thinking of a certain dimpled man that had turned her life upside-down all of a sudden. Everything seemed alien and new, she didn't know what to make of it. She found herself thinking of him constantly, although it had been less than twenty-four hours since they met each other.

 

"He invited us for his game tonight- both you and me. And he said we could go grab a bite after the game!" Sumin shrieked hoping her friend would be happy.

"See, I told you I'd help you out. Speaking of which how did the date go?" Sumin asked curiously, completely ignoring Nayoung’s dazed look.

 

"Huh?" Nayoung blurted when she found Sumin looking at her anticipatorily.

 

"Nayoung-ie, are you even listening to me?" Sumin frowned, now realizing that the other girl had barely paid attention to what she had been saying.

 

"Yes, Kim Jongin. Yay!" she cheered limply.

 

Sumin raised her eye-brows wondering what was going on with her best-friend. What happened to the Nayoung who wouldn’t stop gushing about the soccer team captain?

 

"So how did the date go?" Sumin asked once again, hoping to get an answer.

 

Nayoung didn't know honestly, was it good? Or was it bad? It wasn’t like she had been on so many dates before to judge.

 

 

"Hello, I'm Zhang Yixing." He held his hand forward for a hand-shake. Nayoung, who was momentarily frozen, glanced at him for a few seconds before realizing that he had stretched his hand towards her.

 

She brought her trembling, clammy palm forward to grasp his; she could feel the blood rushing up her cheeks. She would probably faint any minute; she cursed Sumin for making her agree to do this. If there was something Nayoung hated, it was being stuck in awkward social situations like this. She did take a long time to warm up to people, which was another reason she never went on blind dates, she would probably die of all the nervousness. And it definitely didn't help that the man standing in front of her was someone so smart and handsome at the same time. To say she was intimidated was an understatement.

 

"Na- uhmm, Sumin, I'm Baek Sumin," she blurted, earning another smile from Yixing. She sighed internally. How she wished he stopped doing that. His dimples were making her go weak.

 

"Nice to meet you,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter