Chapter One.

The Love Replacement.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter One.

 

 

 

It was just another day at the university, what could possibly go wrong? The students were shuffling from one room to another trying to get to their respective classes; Kim Nayoung was one of them. She was flustered, being stuck between all the people that were moving around her and also because of what her best-friend had told her a while ago.

              

She decided to ponder on that after she got through her Business Administration class, the subject she happened to lack in. So it wouldn’t be good if she were to daydream in the class she was almost failing in. She flashed a quick smile at the random girl who was sitting next to her seat, before settling down on her own seat.

 

The professor hadn’t come yet, she pinched the bridge of her nose in anticipation. She had a couple of things on her mind, she always believed in sorting things out in her head. It happened to be one of her quirks, whenever she had more than a few tasks to do, she’d always think it through in her mind so she could convince herself to be able to do them.

 

The professor was taking longer than usual, she noticed. Perhaps she could think of what had happened earlier.

She loved her best-friend Sumin, she did. They had been friends since high-school. When Sumin knew about Nayoung wanting to go to college in Seoul National University, Sumin decided to apply there too, so they’d be together. Nayoung was obviously delighted, she and Sumin were literally inseparable, and everyone knew that. Even if they came from different social backgrounds, Sumin being the filthy-rich heiress of a Multinational Corp while Nayoung being a mere 9 to 5 office worker’s daughter, who earned an average salary, they still got along pretty well.

 

Although, occasionally Nayoung still wished her friend Sumin wasn’t so popular, so she wouldn’t have to deal with all the different guys who were vying for her attention. And some of them thought it’d be appropriate to approach Nayoung first to get through to Sumin. She was fed up. She didn’t know why Sumin insisted on bringing her along for all of her dates, most of them turned out to be horrendous anyway.

 

Why couldn’t Sumin get a boyfriend? That way she wouldn’t have to tag along. It wasn’t really easy being the third wheel; she always had to pretend like she had a keen interest in the cutlery or popcorn depending on the location. Not to mention how Sumin and her date would start making-out in the middle of it, leaving her all flustered and awkward.

 

Nayoung sighed as she thought about Sumin’s proposition. Should she accept it? Sumin had made her adorable puppy-eyes to lure her into it, but Nayoung was stern. She didn’t want to do it. It wasn’t until Sumin came up with this enticing offer that caused Nayoung to re-think about her decision.

 

“So?”  Sumin grabbed hold of Nayoung as soon as she got out of her Business Administration class.

 

“So what?”  Nayoung pretended to be clueless, even though she knew very well what Sumin was enquiring about.

 

“Have you thought about my offer?” Sumin beamed, her inherent sparkly eyes gleaming more.

 

Nayoung thought for a while thinking about the conversation she had earlier with her best-friend.

 

 

Sumin came running to Nayoung, the first thing in the morning. She didn’t look like her usual cheerful self which got Nayoung wondering what had happened to her bubbly best-friend.

 

“Why the long face?” she asked as Sumin approached her.

 

“It’s the worst day ever, Nayoung-ah,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter