Chapter Five.

The Love Replacement.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Chapter Five.

 

 

Nayoung was anxious; on one hand she was excited to meet him again, while on the other, she was thinking of telling him the truth. She knew that would mean she’d probably never get to see him again. Besides, it was highly possible he’d hate her after that for betraying his trust. She had to put an end to this before it was too late. How could she have no self control?  Her only job was to mess things up with him, and forget about his existence. Sometimes, she wished she were in Sumin's place, life would have been a lot different. The constant worry about her father's health and the pressure to do well in her studies did prove to be a big burden on Nayoung's shoulders. Was it wrong to wish for someone to be beside her and support her while she faced this world? 

 

Things always came easy to Sumin, she never really had to work hard, but Nayoung had never been jealous of her. Not until today that is, she only wished for Yixing's presence in her life, it was something she could never have but Sumin could. She could only dream of being in Sumin's place. 

 

She tidied her hair a little while looking at her reflection. She did know why, she had found herself making an attempt to look her best today. She sighed dejectedly and picked up her phone, it was almost time to leave. She had to convince Yixing to not pick her up at her place; instead, she told him she would be waiting outside their university building, making a feeble excuse about working on her thesis. If he was going to find out the truth it would be through her, not anyone or anything else.

 

Her legs were shaking, it had started to turn cold outside and her dress didn't do much to keep her warm. She didn't want to tell him the truth; she wanted to latch on to him till she could, even if it meant pretending to be someone else. Her eyes lit up when she found the familiar silhouette of the person she longed to meet, he seemed to be exploring the campus a little as his eyes wandered from one place to another but came to a halt when he caught sight of her walking towards him. He made his way towards her, offering to take her books, even though they barely seemed heavy.

 

"Hey there, pretty lady!" 

 

Nayoung blushed furiously as he flashed a dimpled smile; it felt as if her stomach was churning. She bit her lip shyly and glanced at him. He was dressed in formal clothes; she assumed he had come directly from work.

 

"Hey, Mr. Zhang,” she replied. She didn't really feel comfortable addressing him by his first name, they had only met once.

 

"I thought I told you that Yixing was fine, besides I feel old when you call me that."

 

Nayoung smiled at the guy playfully, but made no efforts to call him by his name. "But you're old, aren't you?"

 

Yixing shook his head slightly and followed Nayoung who was already walking towards his car, with her book in his hands.

 

Nayoung who had walked faster to get away from him had to refrain herself from squealing with excitement, it was the effect he had on her. She wondered how he could be so charming, well-mannered and handsome at the same time. She had momentarily forgotten about all her worries, she had forgotten that she was being Sumin and not Nayoung.

 

"So where are we going?" she asked as they settled in his car, as expected he had held the door for her. Although she didn't really find the need for him to do so, she realized she liked being treated that way.

 

"To my place, if that's fine with you. I told you I was going to show off my culinary skil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter