Chapter Nineteen.

The Love Replacement.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Nineteen.

 

 

Jongdae gulped nervously, he still wasn’t used to the girl lingering around his office while he was working. And to make it worse, she was the most intimidating woman he had ever met.

The girl pace back and forth, sighing audibly every two minutes.

 

“How long will Yixing take?” She inquired. Yixing apparently had a meeting to attend, he had apologized to her citing he couldn’t spend time with her today and that she could go explore the city on her own for a bit. But instead of doing that the girl had decided to hang out at his office with Jongdae.

Her hands kept fidgeting with one or two articles of stationery that were lying on his table. The guy would look up every now and then, glaring at her slightly whenever she played with the stapler restlessly. She would glare back at him which would make him cower slightly and he would get back to his work.

 

He cleared his throat a couple of times before answering her.

 

“Depends of how long the investors take.”

 

Fei sighed again, looking at her watch. It was almost noon and she was hungry, she hadn’t really grabbed breakfast before heading out of her hotel to meet Yixing. She had been too excited. But what she hadn’t known was her wonderful friend would ditch her for a boring business meeting.

It made her wonder how much Yixing had changed in these years. Back then, he was this naughty, hyperactive kid who never did what he was told. He was always slacking at his studies making his mother worry frantically. She, on the other hand, was the studious one. She would get her homework done on time and head over to Yixing’s to do his, the guy was least bothered. Once he had convinced her to cut classes and go to the ice-skating rink, because apparently he hadn’t felt like giving a math test. Their parents had eventually found out and grounded them for weeks. But the boy had managed to sneak out of his room and had dragged Fei along to attend a concert.

Fei had idolized Yixing; he was so fearless and brave. She had wanted to be just like him. She had wanted to be that rebellious kid which Yixing was. She had wanted to defy her parents for once and do what she wanted to do. But she could never. She was scared, her parents were quite strict. And the only thing she wished to do was to make them proud.

It was only until recently that she had found the courage to tell her parents that she never wished to carry the family legacy and lead their company. She wanted to be a model, a fearless and valiant model that everybody looked up to. It wasn’t easy convincing her parents to let her do what she dreamed of doing but they had eventually given in. All that time, she was thinking of Yixing.

 

“Is he always like this?” She asked Jongdae.

 

The guy nodded slightly.

 

“He’s always diligent when it comes to work but recently he’s been overworking himself.”

 

He refrained from mentioning anything about the girl he had fallen in love with or how he was broken hearted and that was the reason he had become like this. He didn’t know if Fei was to be trusted with that information, besides it wasn’t his place to tell.

 

“It’s because of her, isn’t it?” She scoffed, surprising the other guy.

 

“It is all because of that stupid girl.” Fei stated, clenching her teeth slightly.

 

“Maybe…maybe you could help him move on.” Jongdae replied meekly.

 

“I will.”

                                           

                                                                                                                                  ***

 

 

 Yixing couldn’t remember the last time he had had so much fu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter