Chapter Eighteen.

The Love Replacement.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eighteen.

 

 

Heading out from the airport, she looked in to her phone for the right address. She was new to this place so she had no clue where the place was. Hailing a cab to the said location, she finally let out her breath which she had been holding unknowingly. She hoped she would be successful in her motive behind the sudden visit. She was going to persuade her very stubborn childhood friend to listen to her and she knew it would be no easy task. She knew him well enough to know that once he was set on something he wouldn’t easily change his mind. But there was one person who could make him change his mind and it was none other than her.

She picked up her phone to leave a quick message to the lady she had given her word to, her childhood friend’s mother. His mother was feeling helpless over her son’s state; it was as if he had turned into another person. She couldn’t even identify her son anymore, sure he looked the same but inside he wasn’t the same person. She felt as if someone had the life out of him and she definitely wanted to do something about that, she wasn’t going to let her son be.

 So when she was helplessly wondering what to do, Fei, Yixing’s childhood friend had appeared out of nowhere. It had been long since she saw or heard from Fei, their family had relocated when Yixing and she were still in high school and somewhere down the line, they were caught up with their own lives that they hadn’t found time to stay in touch with each other.

The elder lady, Mrs. Zhang was quite fond of Fei; she was almost like her own daughter. She had always wanted a girl, so when Fei had entered their lives she couldn’t be more delighted. The girl hadn’t changed at all in all these years; it had been almost a decade since they last saw her. She had matured and grown into a beautiful, young woman. But she was still the same well mannered, polite and sweet girl.

They had plenty to catch up on. The girl had narrated all the incidents that had happened so far in her life and Mrs. Zhang had very intently listened to the girl. But when Fei had mentioned Yixing, Mrs. Zhang had to finally tell the girl of her woes regarding her son. She was worried that Yixing wasn’t the same person and it was all because of some girl who had broken his heart. Mrs. Zhang hated the girl, she detested her, and she had ruined her son’s life. She had tainted his notion of being in love. She had no clue what to do, but now it seemed as if God had answered her prayers and sent Fei as a form of his angel.

The girl convinced the older lady that she’d help her childhood friend. She would help him move on and most importantly she would get him back home, to China. Mrs. Zhang trusted the girl and she also knew that Yixing would definitely listen to the girl; he had adored the girl a lot when they were young. In fact, in her eyes, Fei was a perfect match for Yixing.

Fei got off the cab and looked around, a small smile forming on her face. She couldn’t wait to meet him.

Grabbing her suitcase, she looked up to see the tall company building where Yixing worked in. She couldn’t believe that the awkward, chubby dork she had known was now a successful businessman. Did he still look the same? She hoped she could recognize him; it wouldn’t be that difficult besides it wouldn’t be hard to miss the deep indentation on his right cheek, his dimple which had been so envious of when she was younger. She laughed inwardly; they were so silly when they were young. But that was the only reason why her childhood was so memorable. How she wished she had never left, she could have been beside Yixing all this while and he wouldn’t have gotten himself into this mess.

Heading over the Chief Executive’s office, after receiving directions from the lady at the reception, she found herself standing in front of a man who was busy arranging some files and jotting down something on a paper while talking on the phone at the same time. After what seemed like forever, he looked up, dropping the phone accidentally. The girl in front of him was glaring at him intently.

 

“C-can I help you with something miss?” He gave her an awkward smile, the girl made him really nervous.

 

“Yes.” She replied blatantly examining her nails in the process.

 

“I’d like to meet Zhang Yixing.” She gave him a quick smile before replacing it with a frown.

 

“D-do you have an appointment?” He inquired slowly, shuddering inwardly because the girl was really intimidating.

 

“No.” She announced but continued to stare at the guy. He fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter