season ii - ep10

HEROES

 

Episode 10 - On fire
 
Key's POV

The voices surrounding me are unfamiliar and it makes me squirm all the more. The revelations these past few days are not yet sinking in. Professor K being a traitor. Eric killed. And me, I am held captive. I just hope that they won’t get Minah or else- I might do something I don’t even like. Is there someone who has a power similar to mine? I watch Mir as he fought off the members of the covenant with a power similar to that of Jessica. What if they have someone like me? I shake the horrid thought away from my head and continue with the breathing exercises. Professor K taught me this. 

I hear the tapping of a shoes against the hardwood floor and I look out the window of this cell. 
 
“ you must eat,” without looking, I know who it is. Tiffany. 
 
“ im not hungry.” I say plainly and she retorts, 
 
“ stop being a sicko, the food is good, Hyuna cooked that- she is taking a course to be a chef.” She reasons out and I almost smile at the thought. We are normal individuals after all. 

“ be in my place and you’ll see why I don’t have the appetite. ” I snap at her and wait for her to snap at me, but she doesn’t. 
 
“ I have been in your position, trust me, a weak body is nothing if you want to escape.” She tells me and I concede.I place a spoonful of curry and rice,

“tell hyuna- it tastes good.” I don’t realize how hyungry I am and I finished the plate in record time. Tiffany chuckles. 

“ see? We treat prisoners well.”

I roll my eyes at her and proceed to look out the window. 

“ what do you want from me?”

Tiffany cleared . “I think you are looking at it wrong, the question is- what do you want from us?”

I hate her cryptic answers to my very simple questions. Are intelellectual people always like this? I can only shrug and focus on something interesting like the blank wall infront of me. 

“ you really think the apocalypse will happen?” I ask her, 

“ its inevitable key, it should- and the truth will come out.”

I perk up at her words, “ what truth?”

She looks at me and acts pissed. “ oh, I forgot you don’t have the education.” She faces me and I look at her. “ its actually a myth, we really don’t know what the truth is. But there is something that will be known at that time. And it can change the balance of people like us.”

“ so many questions.” I mutter under my breath and she just gives me a smile. 

“ I don’t really care about the truth, this power we have is bigger than any of us and im not trying to control it. I just want a sense of equality. ” Tiffany replies, more to herself than to me. Like she just came up with this conclusion out of nowhere and spoke it out loud. 
 
She leaves me all alone and I look out the window. Then, I caught sight of someone. Black. The masked man! Onew. I quickly stand up and try to think of something to let him know that I am here. He seems to know where I am located as I see him on my window. My heart is about to burst, im sure that he will get caught. Unlike before, we were in a residential area with lots civilians so he was able to rescue me. But this is an island. Filled with resistance members. 

“ what are you thinking? Where are the others?” I hiss and he removes his mask. I am rewarded by seeing his face- my saving grace. 

“im here alone,” I hear him say and I want to push him and tell him how stupid he is. But my happiness overcomes it all. I expected him to come, but now that he is here- right infront of me, it is so unreal. 

“ you cannot take them all out.” 

“ I know, I just need to talk to someone.” He tells me calmly. 

And it hits me. Ofcourse, he is from the future. He knows what will happen. Isn’t that the reason why he was here in the first place? To change everything. He puts his mask on and is top him. 
 

“ wait.” I say and he looks at me. His eyes are glorious and I commit it to my memory. 

“ I love you.” He tells me sincerely and my knees almost give out. Those are the words I would never expect him to say. Maybe a – ‘ take care’ or ‘be safe’but not this. 

“ and I love you- ” I croak out and he is out of my sight. I must get out. I will not be a caged bird in here. Onew is out there, future or present- surely doing everything in his power to rescue me. I will not be a damsel in distress anymore. I am strong enough. 

I see a guard approaching and I call on him, I can do this. I remember once, professor K told me that my power reminds him of a good friend of his. That I can be a master manipulator. I can try that. 

////////////////////

Present Onew’s Point of view. 
 
I look out the seas and realize that we are close to our destination. The Island. I always thought it was a myth, just so we will not be bothered in looking. But its here. We are right. Jonghyun is beside MInah, who looks pale. We insisted that she must not go, but she does anyway. She tells us that she needs revenge as well. For all those years that she was imprisoned. I guess we all have a grudge of our own. I notice someone walking over to me. Taemin. 
 
“ ive been having visions ” he starts and I notice that he is trembling. He continues, “ I mean, how is that even possible? I should be collapsing and blacking out.”

I can only listen. This is a big question to us as well. TOP tells me that this is because taeyeon’s soul is weakening. In turn, it is transferring and assimilating towards taemin whose souls is powerful and free. The tables has turned. Before, taemin was only a parasite, feeding off of taeyeon;s power. But now, Taemin is the host. The more dominant one. I don’t tell him this as I see his unease. He does not need all these information yet. 

“ I have no clue Taemin, but its good right? Your visions are helpful.”He smiles at me and relaxes. “this place is creepy.”

“ tell me about it—but not as dangerous as the people we will meet in the island.”

“ about the vision I had about key, I don’t see it anymore. It keeps on changing. But- ”

I look at him and he hesitates. I take in a deep breath, letting her know that I am waiting. He shouldn’t stop her words from me. I am here to listen anyway. 

“ the masked man is there.”

The masked man. A puzzle that we haven’t solved just yet. 

“ we will win this.” I say confidently and taemin nods her head. I can see minho in my periphery, watching Taemin. I am amused at this. Minho clearly likes the boy but something is topping him. 

“ have you told him yet?” I ask nonchalantly and taemin flushes purple. I chuckle and he punches my shoulder. 
 
“ I don’t know what you’re talking about. ”

“ Taemin, you are blushing and you are stuttering, ofcourse you know what im talking about.”
 
“ I did. It went well.” He smiles widely at me and I can only wish him well. I hope it is the same for me. But I guess its hard to think about love when you are in a perpetual haze of sacrifice. 

“ Onew, I have to ask. Please do not take this the wrong way. ” he looks at me, and faces me. I feel that a serious question is upcoming. 
 
“ what is Key to you?” he quickly asks me and turns away, embarrassed bu his question. Is a loaded question, really. Luna hinted on this. But what does he mean? I feel a pull towards him, without question. But I am in no place to explore these feelings, isn’t it important enough? 

“ im sorry, it’s a stupid question.” He adds,
 
“ no. its okay. ” 
 
“ then, what is it? How do you feel about key?” he asks once more and I am drawn at a blank. 
 
“ I will die for him. ” it was all I can say. I don’t even know why that answer came out or if that answer is even proper to blurt out but it completely explained it all. 
 
Before taemin can answer back, Minho approaches me. “ the island is near, we don’t know what’s there and the back-up team is an hour away from us.”

I groan. Our team agreed to come first, and that’s fine with me. But right now, as I see how vast the island is- I am coming to the conclusion that this is a bad idea. 

“ we must go on and attack like what planned,” TOP chimes in and we all agree. There is no turning back now. We have waited so long for this, why would we run? As the island closed in, we saw someone standing in the middle. Almost floating, and I recognize him. Mir. He is the one with the similar power as Jessica. I see Jessica flinch as he sees the obvious display of power. 

“ WELCOME!” he calls out, like a gracious host and we are surprised. “ what did you expect? Monsters and swords?” he jokes and top steps in. 

“ one of you killed Eric, im not in the mood for jokes kid.” TOP answered , grtting his teeth. 

I tried to calm everyone and stepped towards mir. He seems to notice that I am more relaxed than the others. 
 
“ the professor is not a fan of violence, what happened a few nights ago was just necessary. You see, all we need is that girl, just hand her over.” He motions towards minah and jonghyun placed himself infront of her. 
 
“ in your in dreams.”

Mir chuckles at his answer. 

“ the professor told me you would say that. And he told me to tell you that we will just have a duel.” He smiles and I feel myself relax. FOR A BIT. 
 
Professor K is famous for his duels in settling a manner. It is one of the means put up by the covenant when there are disputes that seem so hard to settle. I remember the professor telling us that it is the most just way to decide. But who will battle? I see TOP quickly step his feet forwards. 

“ I am the troupe leader.” He walks forward but mir seems to disagree. 

“ NO. the professor said, it will be onew. ”

I knew this was coming. For all our time training, I have never dueled with anybody. Perhaps its because I settle things with people in a polite manner. But who will I be battling? 

“ why do I feel that you have arranged this?” Minho asked. 

“ that’s simple, we have.” Mir answered back with a smile. 

“ we won’t negotiate with murderers like you ; ” GD countered, 
 
“ we did not murder eric, he lost in a fight. Faire and square. We would like to call him a war casualty. ” the tone of his voioce surprises me, how can he say something like that? He did not know eric personally, perhaps that is the reason. I am all in. 
 
“ I will do it. A duel is one of the rules in the covenant.” I tell them all and they all burst in arguments. I stay silent and I move towards Mir. He took my hand, leading me towards the mainland. The yacht we used looked like a spec, Jessica is suddenly on my side. 

“ he needs a representative.” She says calmly and mir only agrees. Jessica won’t be tricked, I can see Jino flying up and heading towards us. Im sure all of them are protesting that they do not have a power like theirs. They are stuck in that yacht until they come here, but if they do- we will already be inside. 

I enter the main hall with Jessica, Jino and Mir. It looked like a looby of a huge hotel and people are littered everywhere. Casually talking to each other. 

“ did I tell you that we front as a resort?” he tells me and I look around. These are civilians? Oblivious to the danger they are in. this explains why they did not attack us. A more overt tactic is what they need to settle this. 

“ ingenious.” Jessica only comments.

“ thank you. It allows us to feel normal- and besides, it’s a wonderful business. ” he greets a few guests who seem to know him very well. 
“ who will he be dueling with?” Jino cuts in as the elevator door closes. Mir can only smile at me, but I clearly do not like it all. 

“ it’s a surprise.”

And with that, we ascend to the unknown. 

Future Onew’s point of view

I remember this spiral staircase very well. I memorized the marble material and even the sound of my feet as it hit them. The shock and the hurt I felt as I saw what was behind the doors. I remember it so well. A nightmare that haunted me for the rest of my life. 
Is it worth it that I came back? 
 
I cannot let Key die. It was a mistake to make that decision. I had to protect him from himself? I have fallen for a boy who could not resist the temptation given by the resistance. How fortunate of me. And now, I have to take it all back. 
 
It was supposed to be alright. The war was done, the apocalypse happened and no one clearly won. All we had were deaths and for me, a truth that I cannot accept. But his mind changed. He drifted away from me as he saw what I did. As he witnessed how cruel I had to be. And I have to stop it. I close my eyes and I remember his empty voice as we lay in bed, with the night creeping upon us. 

“ how could you kill him?” he asks me and I am surprised, 

“ I had too. It was inevitable.” I emphasized and he moves further away from me. I cannot tell him the truth, the sad part of my power. 

“ you just did it, stared into his eyes and killed him.” He repeated and I touch him. 

“ I love you. ” it was all I can say at that moment. After all, it’s the only words that can set someone free. The professor taught me that. And he is dead. I killed him. I killed the closest thing I have to a father. 

I cringe at that memory and opened the door. There he is, standing in a most regal manner. Professor K. any moment from now, the present me will come in and they will set the rules for the duel. The duel will take place infront of key and the rest of the covenant members. But I have to talk to him now. 

This is the part where I change the future. I will kill the professor myself. 

“ this is rather surprising,” I hear him say as he looks at my face closely. He must know that I am for the future, how? I am not even sure. “and im a hard man to surprise.”

I move towards him and move to my stance. He recoghnizes this, 

“ you have progressed.”

“ no need for small talk, I came here to kill you. ” I tell him calmly. 

“ oh, I know you will. Its written in the stars.” He tells me as he finishes the glass of wine in his hands. “it changed him ; didn’t it? Seeing you turn into that monster?” he knows it. He planned this all. If he could not kill me, then he will – one way or another. He knew how important key will be for me, even if I haven’t even realized it myself yet. He is so perceptive. 

“ then you know what’s coming, nor eason in prolonging this.” I attack him and I feel his barrier. He is strong, no denying. But I am stronger and more experienced. Add the desperation circling in my blood. I have to kill him here, in this room. 

“ I had the idea about this side of your power, I gather that you have mastered it,” he tells me, pure wonder in his words. Even in the face of death, he is still fascinated with the knowledge he will get from this fight. 

I only smiled at him. He is still an important person in my life. I close my eyes and focused on my core. Allowing the darkness to escape and envelope me. I always thought, what is the use of being immortal? Do I have to endure the pain of dying all over again? It was borderline cruel. But this part of me was awakened. Perhaps, this is similar to minah. As her floodgates open, her power does too – in dangerous proportions. I open my eyes and I see the awe in the professor’s face. 

“ I didn’t know death could be so beautiful.”

“ it is. ” I tell him and my scythe penetrated the barrier without any effort. The last time this happened, It was not this easy. It was all new to me and I was trying hard to fight it. But I am more practiced now. I can see the life leave his eyes and every inch of him. He did not even put up a fight. It was like he accepted it. His barrier held no contest to me. 

I look at my reflection and its there. What I have become. The true power of being an immortal. I became death myself. 


Key’s Point of view. 

Tiffany tells me that I can let myself out and walk towards the other building. I look like a stranger as I entered the building. What the hell! This is a resort! The strangers are not minding me. Thankfully and I see G.O. 

“over here.” He tells me and I follow. He leads me towards a function hall and as it opened I am greeted by a lone figure. I do not recognize me. As I studied him, I gathered that he can be old enough to be my father. There is something familiar in his eyes, like I have seen them before. But I cannot place it very well. 
 
“ here he is.” G.O tells the man. 

“ yah! I just had to have you very near and vulnerable.” He smiles at me and its strikingly similar to that of onew’s. 
 
“ what - ”

He places his arm on my shoulder and I feel a terrible sense of weakness. Like I just want to lie down and give up. Like my knees want to give out. It’s the feeling I have when I wake up on a Sunday morning with a heavy rain and just do nothing. How is he doing this? 

“ good. You are relaxed. I tried to get you, but people just got in the way!” he exclaims and I realize that this is the guy who was after me all this time. The one sending those notes and wants me kidnapped. Is he the leader? 
 
“ what are you doing?” I can only mumble as my knees give out and he holds both of my hands. I am relaxing again. He is cotrolling me. Controlling my emotions. 
 
“ It was supposed to be real easy, but the covenant just had to get in the way, ” he comments and I feel it again.the same emotion I felt when I wanted minah to relax and instead, her floodgates opened. I tugged my hand out and tried to fight it btu instead, my hands became bruised and I felt like I have been punched in the gut. 
 
“ do not try to fight it kid.” He says slyly but I continue. In turn, his influence is only increasing. He is a master of the craft. Whatever his power is. He has no barriers in his body. 
 
“ if it was me, the apocalypse whould have taken place years before you were born, but I was not the trigger. It was you.” He explains and I glare at him .

“ I thought I will be the trigger, my bloodline is spot on – compared to you- ”

“ compared to me? You bastard!” I hissed at him and he continues smiling. 
 
“ now what I see , what he saw in you - -- ” he comments and I am puzzled by his statement. 

“ who?”
 
“ my son. ” he says a matter of factly. Now im confused. As he takes hold of me, my knees bucked and I felt like drowning. I say sorry to everyone. I am just so weak that this happened. Minah, wherever she is right now will obviously feel it and the world will end. The world will shift. Just before I pass out, the man looks into my eyes and he winks at me. 

“ I forgot to tell you didn’t i? I am onew’s father.”

Onew’s Point of view. 

We are led towards a room, I gather that this is a function room. Looking at my surroundings, I cannot help but realize how fit this place is. How perfect this place is. As mir opens the door, he is surprised to see someone standing in the middle. 
 
“ who are you?” he asks and I am puzzled. 

“ this guy is clueless.” Jessica snapped. 
 
Mir glared at her and he proceeded towards the man who was able to push him away without even touching him. I know this person, he is the masked man and I know that he is very powerful. Is he my opponent? 
 
“ he is not supposed to be here. ” Mir said under his breath and Jino’s eyes widened. 
 
“ do you feel it?” 

“ what?” I ask and before I can even stop for a moment and try to figure out what Jino is saying, I felt it too. A small quake in the land and it intensifies. We hear a screech outside and I recognize it. Minah. The masked man was forgotten, or the fact that Mir is here and we were supposed to be in a duel. Without any word, we all know what is happening. Minah is triggered. But where is key? 
I pushed pass them all, trying to overtake Jino who is flying above me. The doors open and I see Jonghyun, holding Minah close as the color of her skin changed. Compared to her usual fair skin, she is glowing and her eyes lost its soul. Jonghyun is holding her close and he seems to be in pain as well. 
 
“ don’t touch her!” Jessica commanded and she rushed towards them, trying to pull jonghyun away. 

“ stop – no – let go- ” JOnghyun protested but Jessica is persistent. None of us can move, we have no reign over minah or anything else for that matter. TOP motions for us to get out and leave this place but I stay still. I have to see this. 

With one final wave, as the lights all closed. As the people everywhere panicked, fearing that this is all but a strong earthquake. I stay still. I feel jino tug at me. I see Minho and Taemin running towards the opposite direction. But I am alone. 

Minah gives out a final scream and I feel it. I shut down. We are all void of power. 

This is the start of the war. 
 
Back to zero. 
 
Key’s Point of view. 

I awake in chaos. I don’t know how I got here, but someone is dragging me and I hear sirens everywhere. A man is shouting, for people to exit the premises . 

“ earthquake!” I hear a woman shout and I shudder. I know what happened. Apocalypse. And I caused it. It all came back to me. Being dragged in here from onew’s engagement party and in here. Its onew’s father. The leader of the resistance. I look around, looking for any members of the covenant and found none. Before I can run and start looking for them, I see minho battling it out with another man. No powers. Then I remember, all our powers will be shut down. 

“ KEY!” I almost cry when I see Taemin running towards me and grips my hand. 

“ taemin!”

“ we must go- we have no powers in here. ” she exclaims and I nod, dragging him with me. 
 
“ but- -- Minho- -- ” I tell him and he ignores me, he only leads me to downstairs. I can still feel some of the people’s emotions. My power is slowly fading away. Drop by drop. Seeping out. We stop at a door and I look back. 

He is definitely not Taemin. 

“ thank god I still had time for that!” the man infront of me said and I am shocked. Who knew someone can have that power? A shape shifter? 

“ who are you?” I ask , but he only rolls his eyes and runs away from me. 

“ doesn’t matter kiddo, I was told to take you here. ”

With much hesistation, I open the door and it feels like i am the last person needed here. The room is spacious and two sets of eyes are looking at me. 

“ONEW!” I quickly exclaimed and I run to him, only to stop when I realize who is the other one. The masked ma. Future onew. This is so ed up. 

“ stay back Key, I need to stop him.” Onew accused and I defended, 

“ he is not a bad person Onew! He helped me before, do you remember? He means no harm.” I explain and hope that they will stop. This is stupid! They are the same person! They are on the same team! The enemies are outside, not here. 

“ I am, I killed the professor- and I made sure Key was captured.” The masked man spoke and I snap my head towards him. Why is he lying?

“what are you saying????” I curse at him and onew pulls me towards him. 

“ the truth, now step away or I will be forced to kill you myself.” He says calmly and I cringe. Is he doing this to change everything? Lying to me? 

Onew pushes me aside and I sink on my knees. I have no power left. I cannot feel anyone’s emotions. Nothing at all. Both of them seem to have retained their powers. Perhaps this is because of them being an immortal. They do not have an ‘off ’ switch. I cannot even see them. They are moving so quick, throwing punches and the red stain of their blood is littering the floor. 

My vision is blurring with every motion and everything stops as onew falls on the floor. I rush towards him and he is clearly helpless now. 

“ STOP!” I look at the masked man, I refuse to call him onew in my head. He is not onew, no matter how strongly I feel for him, he is not the onew I loved. He is different. Scarred and manipulative. I glare at him. 

“ STOP THIS NOW! PLEASE! YOU COULD KILL HIM!” I scream at him and I am trembling. Onew’s breathing is shallow and I stand up, throwing a punch at the masked man but he blocks it. I cannot let him win. I do everything that I can to throw a decent hit but to no avail. He blocks it all and I am frustrated. 

“ key, don’t do this. ” he tells me and I still continue. Instead, he looks over to onew. 

“wake up, don’t fight the darkness any longer, continue.” He tells him and I ca only glare at him. He pushes me aside and pulls me towards him. Shielding me. “what?!” I protest and I see Onew standing up. 

“Onew!” I smile and I try to reach him but the masked man just hold me tighter, shielding me from something, someone. And I see it as the seconds passed by, Onew is cealrly standing up but his eyes are different. It is not the familiar soft brown ones that is filled with honesty. It held something different, sinister even. He looks at me and I know that this is a different person. If possible, another side of onew. He is smiling at us and his power is radiating, I can see it. In his hand, a scythe appears, in an almost comical way. 

“ death-” it escapes my lips and the masked man pushes me away. 

“ go! Run Key! Run! Now!!! ”

I stumble to my feet but before I can even enter the other door, I can see scythe slashing towards the masked man. My heart tightens by my fear won. I open the door and I am greeted by another room. A storage area. I hid behind the barrels of what seems like gas and curled myself. I kep on telling myself that it will be alright. I can hear the screams and I can feel aftershocks. Its dim and the only light on is the emergency light above me. 

“calm down. Calm down. Calm down.” I tell myself over and over again. Silence fills the air and I hear the door open. I stiffen. He will kill me. Onew will kill me. Perhaps this what happened in the past, onew killed me. But the one from the future failed. He failed miserably and I must pay the price with my life. 

“ key- ” someone speaks softly and I look up. Soft brown eyes. 
 
“ onew.” I sighed and hugged him. But something is wrong. Wet. I look at my hands as I removed it from his back. Blood. 

“ its me, ” he smiles and I realize that he is the other one. The one from the future. My tears start streaming and I feel like an idiot. 
 
“ you will not die. You are immortal.” I tell him, desperately joking. Hoping that he will get it and laugh this off. 

“ I came back here – so you will not change your mind. So that you- so “ he coughs and I hug him once more. 

“ don’t speak!’ I command him but he refuses.
 
“ there is another part of me- it’s the curse of being an immortal. There is a darkness inside of me, and I was not able to fight it.” He tells me and I listen intently. “ I became a monster key- i- became someone else and it pushed you away- ”

My breath hitched. This is it. The truth. Finally. 

“ I killed you- I changed so much that I killed you. The only person in the world that’s important to me.” I did not let go as he said those words. Instead, I lay him down, trying to figure out the damage. Perhaps, if he lays down, he will heal faster. 

“ we can talk about this- I will help you- you will not be that person again. ” I assure him. 

“ who knew I am death.’ He laughs and coughs up more blood. “ the past onew passed out- he will not remember anything. Make sure he does not remember anything from that moment. Take him to someone who can erase his memory-” he states, as if this is his last will and I should be making notes. 

“ but- hey, please don’t say that- we will do this together. ”

He smiles softly and somehow, I can hear his mind. He will die. 

“ only death himself can claim me. In theory, that is impossible. I cannot kill myself, but now- it is. I am a different person, from a different dimension. The scythe chose him, the one in the present.” He explains and I stop him. He should not be talking like this. 
“you can’t die! You are immortal for sake!” I curse and he laughs. I can only grab his hand and hold it close. He finally stops coughing and his breathing is dangerously slow. 

“ I know I told you to wait, ”

“ I am waiting, im used to waiting-” I countered and he smiled at me once more. But his eyes are pained, like he is only holding out to talk to me some more. 

“ my heart was such an idiot but I fell for you and we were wonderful. We were. But I ruined it all. Im sorry. ”

“ don’t say that! We could never be perfect, I bet I was nagging you so much.” I tell him, hoping to lighten the mood. 
He takes his last breath and gives me one last instruction. 

“ burn my body, they must not see me.”

“NO!” I protest, scandalized.

“ no one should no about me.” He whispers and I rush towards him. Leaning my head towards him, I pressed my lips towards him and I am rewarded with a soft kiss and I tell him the truth. ‘I love you.’

His life ceased and I tremble violently. But I have to move. I remember the gas barrels behind me. I quickly opened them and somehow, I doused onew with gas. This is surreal, but I have to do it. The quake stopped and I wonder why this place remained unharmed. 
The flames from the broken lights and burning curtains served as the trigger. 
 
As I look at him. His body slowly resembling something like a charcoal. I fight back a sob and I give out. I fall down the floor and it comes to me. The apocalypse it not what I feared. 
 
At first, I thought that the apocalypse will be the end of the world. Like the one I see in movies. I fear that the resistance will win. I was scared that the covenant will be destroyed and evil will reign. But right now, the scene is infront of me. Nothing really grand. No incredible fires or water engulfing me. No one is screaming but me. 

This is the apocalypse. Onew is gone. 


Author’s Note. 

FIRST AND FOREMOST. Thank you for everyone who supported this series, from the first season to the second., most especially the one with reserved spots and those who never failed to comment. I started this story as a project for myself. A personal venture I wanna try, and I did not expect that I will meet awesome people like all of you. This story is a big challenge for me. In terms of plot, execution and the deadline as well. But I am happy writing this. I cannot let the plot rot in my head. With that, I am announcing that this fic will stretch onto its THIRD SEASON. when I started this. I only planned for it to run until season two only. But things just kept coming. 
 
The third season will reveal what happened on that day of the apocalypse, in the point of view of the heroes. The back story on the future onew. And most of all,what is the outcome of the apocalypse. A new journey and the struggle to keep the darkness out of Onew. 
A few explanations. To those who are confused. Yes, the leader of the resistance is onew’s father. That will be a central plot for the third season. 

Yes, future onew died. Onew is immortal, that truth is eastablished. But aside from that, he is cursed as well and is given the task of becoming death- if he allows it. He was able to kill future onew as he is the one the ‘scythe’ chose as he is the stronger one- because the time they are in is his- not future! Onew’s. Future onew needed to die, as he became a monster- as the darkness overpowered him. He took charge of becoming ‘death’ himself. He became worst than those of the resistance, his hunger for power became all too much. 
WHEW.