Contact

Still The Same

     ​Jessica has been pondering wether or not to speak to Jiyong again. She was pacing back and forth in her office, "Should I call him, or maybe text him?" Jessica said, trying to make up her mind. It was her best friend anyway so what's the big deal.  

      Jiyong had Jessica stuck in the back of his mind, ever since they saw each other. Big Bang had finally gotten a two month hiatus/break after finishing the asia leg of their tour. Jiyong was not busy anyomore, which made him think, 'I'm not going to do anything, is this finally the right time?' ​Jiyong knowing that the guy usually makes the first call, decides to contact Jessica. He sat up from his slouched position and grabbed his phone that was endlessly vibrating, he looked down at all the notifications. "Aaahhh, can't they jst leave me alone!" He said. Though they (Big Bang members) were promised to be given a break, doesn't mean the endless phone calls and texts stop. Being sick and tired of it he shut off his phone, forgetting that he wanted to call Jessica.

      Jessica was getting annoyed at herself, 'Jessica just call him, it's nothing to be embarrassed about, but what if he's busy' she thought. "Aish, you know what, I'll do it," she said to herself, so she picked up her phone from her desk and went to her contacts. She was scrolling through her contacts until she finally found his name, "Whoo, okay, here we go, fighting" Jessica said nervously as if she was about to fight in a battle. She pressed, she did it, she actually did it, she put the phone up to her ear, 'ring, ring, ring', ​her heart was beating, waiting for him to answer, until she heard 'beep, beep,beep, this number can't be reached right now.' ​When Jessica heard that, her heart dropped, she was sad that her attempt failed. She pouted, "too bad, maybe he's busy right now," Jessica said to herself. "Well, I guess I'll just eat lunch now, at least food will always be there for me," she said, trying to comfort herself.

      It was already past office hours, but as usual Jessica was still in her office. She is the creative director of her brand, and that means that she has a full load of responsibility on her shoulders. It was already 7:30 pm, but she was still concentrating on her new designs, until she heard a knock at her door. She looked up expecting one of her employees but it was Jiyong. Shocked, she didn't say anything, she was jast looking at him. "Ummm, what are you doing here Ji?" she asked with a confused and startled face. "Well, I heard that you stay at work late in the night, so I wanted to see if you wanted some company," he answered, while wiggling his eyebrows. "And I brought food," he said while holding out a take out bag from her favorite restaraunt.

Jiyong's POV, before the surprise visit happened.

​      Jiyong just stayed in his apartment for the rest of the day, wth his phone shut off so no one can bother him. "Aaahh, some peace and quiet," he said with satisfication while stretched out of bed waking up from his nap after eating lunch. Jiyong looked out of his window, the sky was getting darker, after seeing the color of the sky he said, "I wonder what time it is." One thing about Jiyong, he hates clocks, he hates the ticking sound that comes from them, that's why he doesn't have a single one in his house. He went out to the living room to find his phone, it was his only source of time, and it was just where he left it. Jiyong sat down on his couch with his phone in his hand, he pressed the on/off button for a few seconds to get it to turn on again. It was finally on, he glanced down knowing that the lock screen will be full of notifications but a certain one caught his eye. "Jessica? She tried to call me," he said, "and seriously, just after one minute I shut down my phone, I hate my life," he said following with a face palm.

      It was exactly 6:30 pm, 'is it too late to call her?' he thought, but instead of calling her he called someone else, Tiffany. "Um, I need some information," he said even before a hello. "Sunbae, what are you taliking about?" Tiffany replied. "About Jessica," he said reassuring his intention of calling, "ohhhhhh, about Jessica unnie, huh, why?" Tiffany said. "I won't answer that, just tell me what time she leaves her office" Jiyong said. "Uugghh, fine, she usually stays late, so she;'s probably still there," Tiffany replied, "thank you so much Tiffany, I owe you one, bye," Jiyong eagerly said and hung up. "So, she's still there," he said to himself. He got up from the couch and headed to his bedroom, after a few minutes, he came out looking all fresh and dressed up. After checking himsel out in the mirror, he quickly ran out the door and headed straight for the elevator, he pressed the button to go to the car park. Jiyong ran to his Lamborghini, knowing that it was his fastest car, and got in. As soon as he started the engine, he zoomed fast onto the street.

Back to present.​     

     After seeing how cute he looked Jessica said, "Okay, since you brought food and I'm hungry," after Jiyong heard that he put on a childish wide smile and walked toward the coffee table in her office. He put the bag of food on the table and took out the food, he neatly arranged the food for her knowing that she was still working on something. Jessica couldn't help but smile at his sweet gesture, after she finshed writing a business e-mail she got up and walked to where the food was arranged. Jiyong was just on his phone playing games while waiting for her, he looked up seeing that she was sitting across from him.

     "Cha, finally, let's eat," he said with excitement, Jessica saw her favorite food in front of her, her eyes were glistening at the sight. Jessica took a big gulp before grabbing the plate of food. Jessica took a big spoonfull of food, "delicous, I haven't had this in so long," Jessica said with a full mouth of food, Jiyong laughed at her, "yah, don't talk with a full mouth, you seem like a beast," he said. Jessica ignored what he said and continued eating, they didn't even have a conversation, they were too busy chowing down their food.

    Jessica put her plate down, "hhmm, that was amazing," she said slumped on the chair while patting her stomach, same goes for Jiyong. It was just 1 minute of silence, because of them still trying to recover from the amount of food they just ate, "I'm gonna get fat now," Jessica said, "no you are not, and you're welcome" Jiyong replied. Jessica walked back to her desk and sat down, Jiyong just stayed on the couch, "thanks Ji for the food, I haven't had that in so long," she said with a smile. Jiyong just replied with a smile, "by the way, how'd you know that I was still here?" She asked, "not gonna tell you, my source is confidential," he replied with a teasing smirk. "Tch, whatever stalker," she replied after hearing his answer, Jessica was expecting him to get up and leave, but he just stayed where he was, but Jessica didn't mind.

     Jessica closed her laptop being satisfied with her finished task, as soon as she was done packing her bag, she looked over at Jiyong, who fell asleep on the couch. Jessica was too concentrated to notice that he was in dreamland, she smiled at how peaceful he looked. She walked over to him, to wake him up, "Ji, wake up, or else I'm leaving," Jessica said while shaking his shoulder, "yeah, yeah, just five more minutes," he mumbled after he swatted her hand away. "Aigoo, this guy is still the same," Jessica said, she tried again, "Jiyong, come on, wake up," vigurously shaking him, Jiyong opened his eyes.

Jiyong's POV

​       I felt my whole body shaking, 'what the heck is it now', I opened my eyes and saw an angel-like figure before me. After blinking a few times, trying to get my eyes to properly see, I suddenly saw Jessica before me. "Tsk, tsk ,tsk, that took forever," I heard her say. After realizing that I was in her office, I quickly sat up, "what time is it?" I asked. "Ji it's already pass 10, we should go now," she said, "okay, let me just clean all this mess up." After I collected all the trash and threw it in the trash can, we both walked out of her office.

Author POV

      Both Jessica and Jiyong walked out of her office, Jessica lead the way to the elevator. There was some awkward silence, until the elevator startled both of them with it's sound signal, "well that was a shock," Jiyong said as they entered the elevator. "Thanks again Ji, for the food, and for staying with me," Jessica said, "You're welcome, it was fun, we should do this more often," Jiyong said with a sweet smile on his face, "we should," Jessica replied as soon as they reached the ground level. They both walked out of the elevator, towards the exit of the building, "good night Ms.Jung," the security guard said, Jessica replied with a sweet smile.

      Jiyong and Jessica walked toward their cars, which coincidentally were parked next to each other, not, Jiyong parked next to her on purpose. As they both reached their car doors, they looked at each other, "good night Jessica, have sweet dreams about me," Jiyong said with a wink following right after, "aish, whatever, good night to you too," Jessica said with an annoyed face. They both got in their car, after starting the engine, they both looked each other through the window and stuck their tongues out. After the funny face exchange, Jessica drove off first, with Jiyong following after. The two cars zoomed on the empty street, both parting ways.