No Dinner

Still The Same

      Ever since Jiyong's visit to Jessica's office their ice has been broken; for the past month, having dinner at her office became a regular routine for Jiyong. Jessica didn't mind it, she actually was glad that their friendship was back, they kept each other company, just like the old times. Jiyong was happy that he could see his best friend the way he did when they were younger, he doesn't see her as 'Jessica, a former Girls Generation member, a k-pop idol', he saw her as his best friend who is working her off for her dream. 

       It was the last day of November, Jessica was so excited for December to start, her favorite month. The best of her childhood memories happened during the month of December, and her favorite holiday is Christmas. It was already 7:30 pm, and Jessica was still in her office, but she wasn't working. She looked down on her watch, "where is he?" Jessica said, yes, Jessica was waiting for Jiyong. He would usually be there by 7 pm but not today, Jessica was just sitting at her desk, staring at the door, but she couldn't take it anymore; she decided to call him.

     She pressed his name in her contacts and put the phone by her ear, 'come on, come on, pick up' she kept saying in her head. After a few seconds the ringing stopped, the call was answered. "Hey, Ji, where are you right now?" Jessica said, "um, who is this?" a woman's voice replied, "oh, um, I'm sorry, is this Jiyong's phone?" Jessica asked. "Yes, this is his, who is calling?" the woman said. "Um, never mind, bye," Jessica said with a sad voice. She put her phone down and just sat there, zoning out, 'no wonder he's not coming' she thought.  With that Jessica left her office, heading home with an empty stomach.

      Meanwhile, "Hey, I heard my phone ringing," Jiyong said while entering his office/studio, "oh, no, it was my phone," his new intern assistant said, liar. "Uhmm, let's get started shall we," Jiyong said as he took a seat right in front of her. "These are the list of errands that you have to run for me," Jiyong said pointing at the list, "and there are boundries". "You may not contact me, you can contact my manager, the only time I might contact is when I urgently need something down," Jiyong said with a serious tone, "uhm, is that all?" she replied, "yes that was all, please sign the contract on the front page," he said. After she finished signing the contract, Jiyong got up getting ready to leave, "good night sir," the intern said, bowing afterward, "bye," Jiyong said coldly. He didnt't like the intern YG assigned him with, he knew that she had a huge crush on him, and that was annoying enough. He left the room without looking back, when he was in his car he checked if someone really called him, "crap, Jessica, how can I forget!" Jiyong yelled to himself, with that he zoomed fast out of the parking lot.

    As he was on his way he decided to call her, "please answer, please," he said, "hello, Jiyong?" Jessica said, "I'm so sorry, I'm sorry," was all he can say. "It's okay Ji, I understand, you were busy," she said with a comforting voice, "where are you now?" Jiyong asked, "I'm at home, don't worry," she said, "stay there, I'm coming," he said and ended the call. "'Oh gosh, he's really coming, what a drama queen," she said after the call ended, after 15 minutes her doorbell rang. Jessica opened the door, seeing him with a sad face "Ji, you really didn't have to come here," she said to him. He ignored what she said and entered the house, 'it's been a while, everything looks different,' he thought to himself as he looked around the house.