Chapter 38: New strings

my hero, my prince

 

“Fight!”

Yoona strike first using her bo staff to attack yuri. Yuri then avoids it then hit yoona at the back “don’t rush it yoona, think before you move” yuri adjust her self on defensive stance waiting for yoona to attack again.

 Yoona attacks again by holding the staff horizontally aiming to hit yuri on both side of her body. She hits yuri on her left but the latter blocked it, same on the right. “You’re doing good yoona, keep it up”

Yoona looked at yuri’s feet thinking if she could hit it, she thinks that if she ruin yuri’s footing she may have a chance to hit her. She now held the staff vertically and ran towards yuri, she move the lower part of the staff to yuri’s feet but the latter blocked it again, same goes on the upper part. Frustrated, yoona immediately switched the position of her staff to hit yuri on both sides again, but yuri blocked it all. “I said think! Your waisting you’re energy yoong!”

But the latter didn’t listen to her, she never thinks about the strategy, she never thinks at all today. She just woke up and tell her self that she want to beat yuri. She is not filled with energy, she’s filled with anger.

“seohyun is your fiancé”

 “yeah I love her……….”

Those words is still playing on yoona’s mind, she can’t sleep last night. Before she went home that day, she have gone to seohyun’s apartment and talked to her girlfriend. She asked if she really loves her, and for the millionth time seohyun say’s yes

“yoong, I love you, I really do! I’m going to say this again, I’m in love with you, and I’m not going to be in love with somebody else but with you, why are you asking me this question? Do I need to prove anything to you to believe me?”

That’s what seohyun said, but she never told her girlfriend why she asked it. Yes the answer is clear but yoona is not satisfied to her answer. Anger still filled her heart towards yuri, she thinks that if yuri stays near seohyun, she will never win her girlfriend’s heart.

“enough!” taeyeon shouted, yuri stopped and hit yoona’s stick on the ground. She was pretty pissed at yoona for not listening to her. She turned around and walks in front of seohyun where her bag and water are.

Yoona looked at yuri walking to seohyun, her anger raised up again as she saw her girlfriend talking to yuri. She looked at her bo staff and to yuri, “this is my chance” she said to her self. She grabbed the staff and ran to yuri. She held the staff near to its end and raised it parallel to her body. When she’s near her target she closed her eyes and hit it as hard as she could. She felt her body being hit by something, she open her eyes and saw yuri just an inch apart from her and then flew at the other end of the matt. She coughed as she felt her back hit the floor, she hold her breath trying to ease the pain but the impact on her back is too much to bear.

“What the hell are you thinking?” yuri said as she held yoona’s collar “unnie please stop” seohyun pleaded at yuri as she pulled the older girl’s hand to her girlfriend’s collar. Yoona only looked at yuri, terrified, that is the first time she saw yuri’s face. The face that used to be so calm turns to a wild animal ready to kill someone. Monster

“If I wasn’t there! Or if I’m not quick enough!” yuri removed her hand from yoona. Her expression changed as she stood up. “You almost hit seohyun on her head”

“taeyeon-ah, sooyoung-ah! Bring yoona to the clinic, I’m going to change first” yuri looked at taeyeon and sooyoung who is now holding the staff “I’m sorry”  she took her bag and slammed the door as she walked out on the room.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“I’m sorry seohyun” yoona said prone on the bed. “It’s okay yoong, just don’t do it again” the latter said as she held yoona’s hand. “I don’t know what came into me, it's like my body reacted on its own” yoona lied

“You must be frustrated on her, it’s been a week as she starts teaching you fighting lessons, but none of those sessions you able to hit her, don’t rush it yoong. I don’t want you to see yuri-unnie on that state again.” Seohyun said

“That time when I saw her face inch apart from me, I thought I was going to die. Her eyes it is filled with anger. I’m terrified until now I think I’m shaking inside.” Yoona stated

“That’s why you need to stop doing crazy things yoona, this isn’t a game. Beside you need to be thankful that she held back on you” seohyun stood up and took her bag

“Are you kidding? I flew like on the other side of the matt when she attacked me and you said that she  held back? And where are you going?” yoona raised her upper body to se seohyun.

“I have an appointment with a doctor, check-up on my head, migraine remember?” seohyun said or lied.

“Oh! Ok, let me fix my self and wa-“

“You don’t have to, yuri-unnie will be with me. Just rest here ok?” seohyun cut yoona off.

“But –“ yoona want to protest, hearing Yuri’s name again.

“No buts hon” seohyun cut yoona again. “OOOOOUUUCH” yoona yells as seohyun pressed her hand against her back “see? You need to rest. Don’t worry it will be quick and I promise I’ll behave” seohyun raised her right hand on her side “love you hon” she kissed yoona’s lips and walked out from the clinic.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Unnie I think I need to stop doing this”

“No you can't, just concentrate, take a deep breath. Relax”

“But I’m so tired unnie can we please stop?”

“Do you think I’m not tired?” a certain blonde hair said as she gasped for air “one last round and I will collapse here”

“See? Yuri unnie! Please~ can we rest for like….an hour?” seohyun pleaded

“Make it three hours I want to sleep” Jessica said as she lay on the canvass of the boxing ring.

Yuri shook her head “okay I’ll call it a day” rest for a minutes then I will treat you for lunch.

“yey! Thanks unnuie” seohyun said, she jumped from the ring and took her phone from her bag and start texting. While Jessica still lying on the canvass floor breathing heavy with wide open. “Beat up?” yuri asked

“Totally beat up! I can’t believe you train like this everyday! If I’ve done this I would totally die” Jessica said still gasping for air.

“Uh! No! Only yuri-unnie train like this everyday since she’s like…….5” seohyun interrupted

“It’s 4 seo” yuri corrected “right 4” seohyun said

“Really? That’s why no one can beat you from our group” Jessica smirked “our group trains at young age and we train hard…I think….but not like this, I felt like I’m dying”

“here’s your water” seohyun brought Jessica some water while yuri help the blonde girl to sit on the canvass “thanks” Jessica took the water from seohyun and drank almost half of it “God! I never thought I will miss the bland taste of water!” she said. The other girls laugh at Jessica while she continues to drink from her jug.

“Who owns this place again?” Jessica asked “it’s my dad’s” yuri answered “when we came here. He rented this basement from his good friend and converts it into his own personal gym and after a long time he bought the whole building and still serves as a home for some people, but he never dare to change this basement even if someone asked to rent it from him. But now that he is soooo busy with some crazy stuff, he gave me this gym as a gift from him. Cool huh?”

“So now this is your own personal gym?” Jessica clarifies the story.

“Basically…yup it’s mine”

“And why I need to train seohyun here” Jessica asked again

Yuri looked at seohyun, the younger girl stood up from the canvass and make her way out from the ring. Yuri also stood up and stretched her one hand out offering Jessica a lift. “It’s a secret”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 After the sparring session from the basement, and as yuri’s promise to treat them lunch they walked out from the building and wait for yuri as she lock the door of the basement.

“So when did you know about me seohyun?” Jessica asked the younger girl.

“Yesterday, yuri-unnie told me right after she came to our base yesterday”

“ohhhh……uhmmmm” Jessica wants to say something but she doesn’t know hot to say it.

Sensing her unnie is uncomfortable seohyun making her move “its ok unnie, yuri explain to me everything. I understand and because of that I’ll forgive you. But I don’t understand why you need to die. I wish we had another option to choose from……..I want to help you unnie I really want to but I don’t know how” seohyun said making jessica’s heart melt to the younger girl. She felt that her little baby from back then came back to her.

“Thanks seohyun, I really appreciate it. But I think it’s the only way to do it.” Jessica said silence comes between them as they don’t want a single tear come out from their eyes.

“Let’s go?” yuri climbed up on the stairs and looked at the two silent girls “where do you want to eat?” she asked innocently. She already know what happened to them as she hear their conversation from the basement door

“Anything will do yuri” jessica said

“Me too unnie” seohyun answers too

“Let’s go to the nearest pizza parlor then. I’m craving for pizza!” yuri said trying to cheer up the girls “who ever comes last from this alley to the street will eat a slice of pizza with plenty of hot sauce! Ready? Go!” she ran immediately as she said go looking behind to see seohyun and Jessica ran.

“Don’t worry unnie! yuri has a plan! She always has” seohyun said before she started to ran chasing yuri to the street.

“I wish she has” Jessica thought to her self as she ran with seohyun and yuri. As they about to reach the street yuri slowed down to let the two girl win, she never care if she ate the spicy pizza she just want to see the two girls smile.

As the two girls reach the street, they jump gleefully while holding each others hand and screaming. “WE WON! KWON YURI! YOU WILL EAT THE SPICIEST PIZZA IN THE WHOLE WORLD CREATED BY US!” Jessica said. Seohyun laughed with Jessica as they start trotting while dragging yuri from the alley

“okay okay! You two win!” yuri just said smiling at them.

“OHHHHHHH yuri unnie! I think you’ll regret this!” seohyun said and both girls laugh they started to plan how mush they want to put on yuri pizza and how much pepper they will also put to make it more spicey.

Yuri silently laughed behind them, following the two wherever they go “I regret nothing seohyun” she said to her self.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Author A ◕‿◕