Chapter 18: Reconciliation

my hero, my prince

 

Jessica's POV

 

"Shut up midget!" I said

 

"I told you not to call me that name!" Taeyeon said slamming her utensils on the table.Everyone is laughing except seohyun and sooyoung, who is eating quietly. It's quite incredible to see sooyoung   (who is a shikshin by the way) eating as much as she can but not making any noise. I don't know if she's doing it for the sake of her so she can get more food from the table or she is doing it because she doesn't want to laugh with me.

 

Ok ay, I'm lying.

 

I know that she is quiet right now because of me. She hates me. Seohyun too.

 

"Aish just shut up!" I shove a huge piece of pie on , then all of us laugh when she stop whining and chew the food that I gave to her. Again, except sooyoung and seohyun.

 

"Yuri-ah, Uhm..You have a sauce on your face" Tiffany said while wiping yuri's face using a tissue.

 

"Thanks fany" Yuri said holding tiffany's hand and took the tissue from her and wipe tiffany's lips "you have souce too, in here"

 

"T-thanks" she said "wait? fany?"

 

"Yeah, fany, from tiffany, why? you don't like it?" Yuri asked looking worried.

 

"N-no, no, I like it" tiffany said smiling at yuri

 

"oooooohhhh, you two should start dating!" Hyoyeon said.

 

"Like totaly dating, you two look really nice together" sunny added up. Then all of them start to laugh when they saw yuri and tiffany blushing.

 

Me too I want to laugh with them, but something in my heart start to hurt when I saw yuri laughing again, (which is a good thing, I miss her laugh) but my heart hurts because someone is making her happy, and its not me.

 

Realizing that yuri's ex is with them hyoyeon look at me and mouthed 'sorry' which is I mouthed 'I’m fine' back at her. She then continue to eat and occasionally smiling and laughing when they start to tell funny stories.

 

"I don't know if it’s appropriate to say this to you because I think this is not meant for you, but I should say this. You need to move on" Taeyeon whisper to me leaning on my ears as she said this hurtfull words.

 

But she's right.

 

For one. The one who should move on is yuri who is now clearly moving on with the help of tiffany.

 

And the other one is, I really need to move on. She's not mine, not anymore. From the moment I put donghae's lips into mine, she's not mine.

 

"I know tae, thanks for shoving it to my face" i said in my very low tone so no one can hear except taeyeon. Thank god to the bass speakers booming, no one can hear what i'm saying except her.

 

"It's called karma, sica" she said patting my back.

 

If karma does really exist on paying what I’ve done before, I should be happy right now.For some reason, I should be happy right now. Not feeling crap and all.

 

"Hey! The club will start in 5 minutes anyone who wants to join me?" Hyoyeon said standing up from her seat and tapping her watch. 

 

"Me!" Sunny, Yoona, Tiffany said. They stand up and run to the dance floor, at the same time the dj step up to the round table and start mixing groovy music.

 

And all that was left on our table is me, yuri, taeyeon, sooyoung and seohyun.

 

"unnie, what is this all about?" seohyun asked, looking at taeyeon, who is now drinking a whiskey she ordered before.

 

"Nothing, to have fun?" taeyeon said casually.

 

"I should go there guys, hyoyeon is calling out for me" yuri said while pointing at hyoyeon who is signaling her hand to yuri. Yuri then stands up and run to the dance floor,

 

Both yuri and hyoyeon start to dance like an idiot, then yoona joined them while tiffany and sunny is laughing like crazy.

 

"Who wants some drinks? this one is from me" taeyeon stand up.

 

"Martini for me" I said,

 

"Cranberry juice for me unnie" seohyun said

 

"Okay, sooyoung, go to yuri and ask then what they want to drink, then tell me what they want, okay? Let’s go" teayeon said, she and sooyoung start to walk at the bar.

 

And then I and seohyun left on our table. Knowing that seohyun is mad at me, I feel awkward around her.

 

"Seeing yuri unnie smile again is enough for me to forgive you jessica unnie, but the only reason I can't talk to you like before is that the respect that I see in you before, I dond't see it right now. So I’d rather stay quiet than saying hurtful words when I’m talking to you" She said looking at me, and back at the dance floor.

 

"Thank you seohyun" i said, looking down at the floor trying not to cry.

 

"You’re thanking the wrong person unnie, you should thank your friend" she said still watching the girls dancing on the dance floor.

 

Knowing whose person she's talking about, my chest hurts and my eye start to moist again.

 

"It's tiffany, right?" I said.

 

"You’re right, you should thank her for being with unnie and making unnie happy"

 

"I'll keep that in mind" I said still trying to stop the tears from coming out from my eyes.

 

"i'll better go now jessica unnie, tiffany unnie is asking me to join them"

 

"Oh, Okay" I said.

 

She stand up and walk to the dance floor, Tiffany saw her and hug her tight and dance. Seohyun laugh and dance with tiffany. I feel pain as I see seohyun, the person that always there for me and yuri is now not there for me, but on another person.

 

I look down again, thinking all the things that seohyun said to me. I felt relieve that she forgive me, but hurt because our friendship will never be the same again.

 

"Where’s seohyun" sooyoung ask, putting a tray of drinks that me and the other girls ordered.

 

"She’s on the dance floor, with yuri and hyoyeon" I said, still looking down.

 

"Are you alright?" she asked.

 

"I’m fine, thank you" I said, fix my self a bit and smile at her.

 

"Ooookay" she said as she sits in front of me. "Here" she gave me tissue then wipe the stubborn tear that keep flowing from my eye.

 

"Thank you" I thank her again. How many people I need to thank for?

 

"its okay" she said, sitting next to me.

 

"Are you mad at me?" I asked knowing the answer would be yes.

 

"Yup, before i was mad at you, but not anymore" she said smiling at me.

 

"Since when?" I asked, still knowing the answer would be 'when tiffany came to yuri's life.

 

"Since when? uhhh.. I don't know, i think before we came here, I totally forgot" she said scratching her head and smiling at me like a dork.

 

"But if you're not mad at me, why you don't talk to me before" I asked a bit frustrated to her.

 

"But I'm talking to you right now." she said smiling at me. "I’m just finding a right time to talk to you, and I think this is the right time"

 

"Yeah right time, me crying" I said sarcastically.

 

"Yup that should be it" she said standing up "now stop crying, if the two important people on your life see you crying with me in here, they will thought that I make you cry which is not, and if they thougth that i make you cry, I will be so dead." she said ruffling my hair.

 

"Wait, whose that two?" i asked, not knowing who she's talking about.

 

"You don't know? It taeyon and yuri, Oh here comes taeyeon, better get going, bye" she run fast on the dance floor and join hyoyeon, yoona, and yuri dancing like idiots.

 

I stand up as taeyeon sit on the sofa and walk to the balcony to breathe some fresh air.

 

I close my eye as the wind blows, feeling every coldness from it. feeling every second the air blows.

 

And feeling every second before the tears escape from my eyes.

 

Relieved

 

Hurt

 

Happy but still in pain.

 

Hurting but smiling.

 

Crying for no reason.

 

Just feeling the welcoming coldness of the air.

 

Still closing my eyes, I felt soft cotton touching my cheek. I open my eyes and see teayeon wiping my tears.

 

"Are you alright?" she asked.

 

"Better than before" I honestly said to her.

 

"Did the forgive you?"

 

"Yeah, but seohyun is still cold on me"

 

"Just take some time, she will soften up, for sure" taeyeon said patting my shoulder as she try to comfort me.

 

"Thank you taeyeon" i said smiling at her.

 

"What for I didn't do anyting for you" she said smiling at me. "I'll better sit on our table, sooyoung is eating all the chips again. You coming?"

 

"Nah, give me 5 minutes I’ll be back there" I said, wanting breath more fresh air

 

"Okay" she said walking away.

 

I close my eyes again, but this time I’m smiling.

 

The pain will never disappear

 

But Happiness will cover it for me.

 

"Don't open your eyes" she said touching my head and put it to her shoulder.

 

"You feel better right now?" She asked me

 

"Better than before" I said.

 

"That’s good" she said caressing my head and my shoulder.

 

"You know, your the bravest person that I know" she said chuckling.

 

"I know" I said, still closing my eyes and smiling.

 

"We should go back there, I see taeyeon and sooyoung arguing about the food" she said, to walk but I stop her.

 

"yuri-ah, can we stay like this for a minute?" i ask, selfish of me, but still.....selfish of me

 

"You do really miss me huh?" she said bringing her body back from the same position before

 

"More than you ever know" I said comfortably.

 

"I miss you too sica" she said patting my head.

 

We we're like that for another 10 minutes.

 

It's just like before when we're dating.

 

But things will never be the same as before.

 

Her feelings for me are not the same.

 

She will only look at me as her friend again.

 

And yet I will accept it.

 

Even if it hurts.

 

The things will never be the same again.

 

But my feeling for her will always be the same....forever.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hey guys! another update

 

the author (me) is super sleepy, I need to sleep

 

goonight every one

 

Thank you all,

Author A  ◕‿◕