07. Phones..

Masked Innocence

 

 

Minhyuk walked over to Key and took the pieces of the phone. He sat down and studied how he could fix it, the others gathered round.

"Key, where did you find this?" Minhyuk said in a serious tone. Key finally managed to catch his breath and started to speak up.

"Basically, Teacher wanted me to take out the class bin, so I went to do that, but I heard someone whispering, evilly planning something. I went to see who it was coz I thought it would besome criminal but instead it a beautiful girl in expensive clothing talking into her phone. She saw me and said 'Key oppa!' But I don't know how she knew my name. She ran after seeing me so I ran after her to find out who she was, but she was too far for me to keep up but she dropped her phone. It was in pieces, I saw the familiar charm so I thought it would lead to someone 'you' would know, so I ran all the way from that high street all the way up 5 staircases just to find you guyz." Key was now pale from running and talking so he sat back to rest.

"So what is this all about then? I don't get it." Sungmin said who was also studying  the two charms in Minhyuk's hands.

"This.. could be Jiyeon's phone." Everyone's eyes widened then suddenly focused on the two phones. "Did she look like her?"

"I can't remember her face clearly since she had a fringe, and hooded coat, but I think I saw her eyes through her D&G shades, it looked abit Jiyeon-ish..." Minhyuk pouted at the poor description. But remembered..

 

[Flashback. Starbucks]

 "Wow that girl looks familiar.."

"Really? I recognised her eyes but surely she's no one I know of..'

[End of Flashback]

 

"But how does this relate to Jiyeon?" said Kevin. The others sat round to listen.

"Six years ago before Nana's twin sister and her friends left for America, We all went to Japan with her family for a week to celebrate  our last friendship anniversary since we were childhoodfriends. On the last day in Japan, All 9 of us went to get a souvenir and promised we would be friends for ever. This was the souvenir, A diamond covered dolphin phone charm but we all got different colour straps.

I got blue, Nana got pink, Victoria got red, Hongki got purple, Junyoung got green, Qri got orange, Jiyong got black and Hyunah got white-"

"Wait, Hyunah was your childhood friend?!" Sungmin said with surprised yet disgusted look.

"Yeah but she dropped out since she and Nana had a tiff about me. Apparently, she chucked away her charm since were weren't friends anymore."

"Oh right~.." Sungmin said with understanding.

"But how do you know for sure that this phone is hers? Anyone could of got this charm, and I swear Jiyeon had that purple Bubi Bubi phone?" Kevin stepped in also.

"Oh yeahh.. ooh look it's on!" JoKwon said pointing at the start screen.

" we need a password." Key finally said, stepping into the scene.

"Hmm. password.. password.. Ahh! Let's try her password on her old phone." He punched in 'JIJI'  and pressed 'enter'.

'JiJi?" The rest echoed in unison.

"Her dogs name?!"

"Ahhhh~" They echoed again. It finally finished loading and they were in.

"It worked!" Sungmin said happily then fixed his eyes back on the phone.

 

"It must be her! She probably got a new phone!" Minhyuk's face lightened up abit.

"Pictures?" said Sungmin pointing to the camera icon.

"Empty" The boys sighed in disappointment.

"What about contacts?" JoKwon pointed out. Minhyuk touched 'Contacts' an realised something strange.

"This isn't Jiyeon's number, so she must of got a new phone. She doesn't have much contacts either,  Except for her brother Jiyong and..."

"It is her! But we don't know where she is now! What if she moved house coz she did go missing for a few days.." Kevin also pointed out. Minhyuk went into her 'Calls' option and noticed something even more strange.

 

"Urm.. you guys could you go tell Nana about this while I speak to Key for a bit?"

"Ahh.. okay." As soon as they left, Minhyuk pulled Key aside to the fencing at the side of the roof.

"Look, how could this be Jiyeon? Apparently, she had a conversation with Juen and AJ from BEAST, and AJ was most recent."

"See! I did hear her talking on the phone! That's before she dropped it! But how would Jiyeon know about BEAST?"

"I don't know.. I haven't seen her as SoliD or CUBE lately..." Minhyuk suddenly had another flashback but this time clearer..

 

[Flashback. Starbucks Entrance]

"Ahh, I love this place-" Diva smiled widely walking through the entrance but suddenly we bumped into two people at the door. We exchanged deathly glares, but the girl next to him

had a frown on her face. They backed up to make way for us and walked in.

"Why is he here?" Diva scoffed while we walked to a just cleared table.

"Well, it looks like he moved on with his love life." I said with a slight chuckle, as I pulled out a chair like a gentlemen, Diva followed along and sat down,

"Wow that girl looks familiar.."

"Really? I recognised her eyes but surely she's no one I know of.."

[End of Flashback]

 

'Oh yeah.. that girl as described did look like Jiyeon 'and' she was with Juen, the date of that phone call was that same day when we bumped into them, but it was before we came in. I can't believe it, it has to be her!' Minhyuk suddenly went into deep thought until Key broke the silence.

"Speaking of SoliD, I need to call all MP's to discuss about new jobs at SoliD." Key said taking out his phone.

"New Jobs? Ahh~ come on, I like my Job!" whined Minhyuk

"Chill bro! I'm not going to completely mess it up! It's just that people had to leave and me and Cash had to decide who to hire and other people requested to change their shifts, so I have to."

"Araso. Damn I still can't believe 'you' are actually my boss. It's still bugging me-" Minhyuk joked, Key playfully nudged him and they both laughed together.

 

[BlockC, at the same time]

Kevin, JoKwon and Sungmin all walked together to Class C2 to find Nana. Girls were fangirling as usual but not as much as they do to the 'Kingkas'. They finally reached the classroom, but Nana was nowhere to be found. The boys had already searched the school, the last place they could think of was the lockers on the ground floor.

There they saw Nana starring in her locker with half happy/annoyed look on her face. Approaching her, Nana looked up at them with an unpleased look. Sungmin looked into the locker and laughed.

"Fan boys?" Kevin said putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Yes.." Nana sighed heavily and stepped back to signal Sungmin that he could eat the sweets, as usual. " But anyway, what's up guys? And what's with those expressions on your faces?"

"This." JoKwon gave her the cell phone, hanging it but the dolphin strap. Nana gasped in shock and lifted the phone to get a clear view at the phone charm. She started to tear up.

 

"Where.. did you guys find this?" She looked up at them, they all frowned at her reaction.

"Key found a girl outside our school, He chased her and got back this phone that she dropped while running." JoKwon started off the explanation.

"Minhyuk discovered that this phone could belong to Jiyeon from evidence in this phone." Kevin continued. Nana studied the phone carefully.

"Apparently, she got a new phone and number since she left though the evidence that it could be hers is from the phone charm, her contacts and the password." Sungmin finally finished, looking into a gift box, taking out a packet of sweets..

"Since you two are friends I think you should keep hold of it till she comes back." Kevin held her hands with the phone inside.

"All right then, I'll see you guys later." She said putting the phone in her locker with a sad look on her face. The boys all pitied her, Kevin hugged her as she was about to cry.

"It's ok Nana, we will eventually find her, please don't cry." Kevin held her face and wiped her tears with his two thumbs smiling.

Nana smiled back lightly and gently slid his hands off her face and pushed through the crowd heading for the toilets.

 

[Locker room, Opposite side.]

Jihyun was walking to her locker finally free from the attention and excitement from fan boys. She put her text books back in her locker that was filled with notes and gifts from boys. She sighed at this and walked on.

On the way to field, she got a phone call.

 

* I ma-ma-me mine, I ma-ma-ma me mi-*

[I My Me Mine- 4Minute]

"Yobeoseyo~?" She said in a playful tone as she knew who it was.

"Yo, I'm just calling to say that there is a special meeting at SoliD discussing about new jobs so I advise you to make sure you and Diva especially, arrive on time please."

"Araso~! I call her now. I'm out~" She hung up the phone and searched for 'Divaa!' on contacts and turned back to the toilets.

 

[Toilets. At the same time]

"*Sigh*. Where are you Jiyeon? How can you just.. disappear like that? What happened? Was it because of the bracelet, or the hug? She probably saw me hugging him..." Nana, who was locked in a cubicle said, thinking to herself. She slapped her forehead in frustration.

"Aishh~! I made a promise to her that I wouldn't steal his heart but, I had to right? It was for appreciation not affection! Ugghh!" She looked at the bracelet and buried her head in her hands. But then suddenly heard a vibration.

*Do the dance on the floor. Do the motion in slow! Do me more-*

"Yobeoseyo?" Nana said quietly.

"Heyy Diva! Erm.. Could we go to that meeting together in your car? My car is repairing and I live too far to get a bus. Is it okay?"

"Ermm. yeah sure, but what meeting? I don't know anything about it."

Nana heard the door open and footsteps coming in so she lowered her voice.

"Oh.. umm,, there's a special meeting at SoliD.. something about jobs." Nana suddenly heard an echo over the phone. So did Jihyun who just walked in.

Nana stepped out of the cubicle and washed her hands resting the phone in between her shoulder and ear. Jihyun looked at her from the mirror and ignored her presence.

"Aww why? I liked my Job." Nana pouted and walked over to the towels to dry her hands. Jihyun looked over strangely as Nana was walking towards the door.

"Same.." Jihyun trailed off still staring at Nana though the mirror. Nana stopped walking and looked at the phone, then looked at Jihyun.

"Yobeoseyo?" She said into it, eyes still fixed on Jihyun.

"Yobeoseyo!" Jihyun said even louder to see if she was just hearing things. Jihyun snatched Nana's phone and turned to face the mirror. She compared the two caller ID's. She read out the caller ID on Nana's phone..

'BabyJ.x'

Nana scoffed at her actions and snatched back a phone but she got the wrong one. She noticed it said..

'Divaa!'

Jihyun turned to look at Nana who's eyes was slightly widened.

"Diva?"

"BabyJ?"