Twelve

His First Love, Her Last Love

"Ji Eun ah, are you ready to meet Eun Hae?"

"Oppa, I think I don't have the guts to meet her alone. I know I need to be strong for her, but right now isn't the time for me" Ji Eun said

Jimin hugged Ji Eun tightly saying that he'll be her pillar of strength. He holds her hand and went in to Eun Hae's room. Ji Eun saw Eun Hae state and couldn't help but cry. Eun Hae fingers started moving. Jimin saw and told JI Eun to go over to Eun Hae while he'll give them some privacy. The first person Eun Hae saw when she opened her eyes was her best friend. Eun Hae's lips were purple and her hands were cold. Ji Eun took Eun Hae by her hand and pat it. Ji Eun tears fell, when she looked at Eun Hae.

"Ji Eun ah, why are you crying? Did someone bully you? Who's that guy? Is it Jimin?" Eun Hae jokingly said.

"Ani, I'm just happy I get to see you again. These are tears of joy. Don't ever faint like that again. Do you know how worried I was just now?" Ji Eun pretended to be mad at her.

"Don't cry. I'm still alive aren't I?" Eun Hae wiped Ji Eun tears with a bright smile.

"How are you feeling?" Ji Eun asked

"Ji Eun ah, I met my parents just now. They were in such a happy place, their smiles were brighter than usual. We were in our backyard and there were roses planted by my parents. My dad took out his guitar, my mom started singing and I was enjoying it on the swing they bought for me back then. It was surreal. I felt like I didn't want to leave them. I didn't want to wake up." Eun Hae told Ji Eun about her dream.

"Eun Hae ah, is there anything you want? I'll do anything." Ji Eun tears started to fall when she heard about Eun Hae's dream.

"Jinjja? It's nothing big. I just want to write a page in my diary, it'll probably be my last time writing in it." Eun Hae looked down on the ground with her teary eyes.

"Arraso, I'll be back, I'll bring Jungkook in to accompany you. You need to wait for me. You have to. I'll be back in 30 minutes." Ji Eun begged.

Ji Eun ran outside to the hallways to search for Jungkook.

"Jungkook ssi, I'll be back, I need to go home to take Eun Hae's diary, that's her request." Ji Eun said.

"Arraso, take Jimin hyung with you, you'll take our van, it's late right now, it'll be hard for you to flag a taxi." Jungkook suggested.

"Arraso gomawo Jungkook ssi" Ji Eun grabbed Jimin hands and ran to the car park where the manager is at.

"Jimin ssi, thank you for accompanying me, and for giving me strength earlier on.I couldn't do it without you" Ji Eun thanked Jimin with a smile.

"You're welcome Ji Eun ah, if you need someone by your side, don't hesitate to call me." Jimin gave Ji Eun his eyesmile.

Jungkook went into the ward where Eun Hae at. He entered the room and smiled. Eun Hae smiled back and told him to take a seat.

"Jungkook ah, I'm really sorry for rejecting you. I don't want to be selfish, and accept you, because I might not know when i might leave. I don't want to hurt you." Eun Hae explain and apologized.

"Eun Hae ah, it's okay, i didn't know you're dealing with so much pain. I understand you, and you'll always be my first love. It's a fact, and it will never change. Everytime I see you, you made me smile silly, made my heart flutter and made me nervous." Jungkook grabbed Eun Hae's hand holding it tight together with his hand.

"Jungkook ah, thank you for understanding. I know it took you a lot of courage to confess. And i really appreciate your effort.You're the only guy that confessed to me, ever. Till I die, I will never forget it. It's really special to me and you mean a lot to me. Being able to spend a day in an empty amusement park, playing the games with you and seeing fireworks with the group i liked and lastly the first guy I've ever loved. Really seems like a dream come true. So thank you again for making my dreams come true." Eun Hae's tears fell when she looked at Jungkook who is full of sincerity..

Jungkook wiped her tears with his hands. His tears starts to fall when he felt how cold Eun Hae's body is while wiping away her tears. Eun Hae smiled at him and wiped his tears. Both of them were wiping each other's tears and laughed "Aigoo, big boy already and still crying like a baby." Eun Hae teased.

Jungkook suggested to go to the water fountain at the park near the hospital.. Eun Hae was curious on why he wants to go to the water fountain when it's almost midnight. He managed to convince her and she agreed to it. Jungkook told his hyungs that he'll be bringing Eun Hae to the water fountain. He wheeled her to the hospital's entrance and helped her up. They slowly walked towards the water fountain, hand-in-hand. He suggested to Eun Hae to make a wish and toss the coin to the water fountain. "Eun Hae ah, let's toss a coin and make a wish. I want to make a wish with you by my side." Jungkook suggested."Oh sure. But Jungkook ah, I don't have any coins with me. Do you have some coins with you?" Eun Hae asked using her puppy eyes. 

Aish! You're so cute Eun Hae ah but sadly you have only limited time to live now.

"To Jungkook oppa, my last love, I wish that you would be strong, I'll always be looking at you, just you. No one else."

"To the woman who captivated my heart, I hope to meet you in our next lifetime and the one after that . I will love you even more and will  always be by your side."

The members saw them from afar wishing upon the water fountain together. They started tearing up. It was Jungkook's first love and Eun Hae's last. It was the first time seeing Jungkook in pain and in happiness together all at the same time.

They looked at each other after making their wishes. Jungkook saw her smile, he want to remember that smile forever. They threw the coins together. Eun Hae recalled that it was Jungkook's birthday all day and she's forgotten about it. She look at the time on her phone and realised it was 11.55pm."Oh! Happy Birthday Jungkook ah. Sorry I didn't get anything for your birthday but I have one special present that you will never ever forget. Jungkook ah, close your eyes juseyo." Eun Hae requested Jungkook to close his eyes."

"OMG OMG Is that what I think it is? Is she leaning in to kiss him?" V exclaimed when he saw Eun Hae slowly leaning towards Jungkook.

"Yah! Wanna bet? 10 bucks to the person who wins. I bet she'll kiss his cheeks" Namjoon bet with confidence.

"No... I'll bet on his forehead." Suga hesitated but joined in the bet.

"No! I've never seen a girl kiss a guy's forehead before. I think she's just gonna hug him." Hoseok guessed.

""Aniya! I'll bet she goes for his lips." Jin placed his bet with a relaxed look on his face.

"Hyung, we still have the extra fireworks right? Let's use them to light it up when they kiss. I want to make it memorable for both of them, plus it's our maknae's first love." V suggested feeling excitement.

"That's right! I'll go run over to our van. We still have 3 minutes before his birthday ends." Hoseok quickly run over to their van.

Hoseok came back with the fireworks in his hands, passing them to the members. They watched Jungkook and Eun Hae like a hawk, not blinking and not missing any single details.

Eun Hae slowly leaned in towards Jungkook who has his eyes closed. Eun Hae seems nervous as it'll be her first and last kiss. Since she has no time for regret, she decided to go for it. She kissed Jungkook on the lips, Jungkook opened his eyes as he was shocked by Eun Hae sudden move. He gladly kissed her back passionately with his eyes closed. Fireworks appeared above them. They stared at the fireworks, amazed by its beauty with hands held tight.

"Assa!! I win the bet! 10 bucks each people. Come on people! Pay up!" Jin jumped of joy and start doing random dance.

"Aish! This hyung...jinjja!" each of them except Suga grumbled annoyingly while taking out their wallets.

"What's up with the annoying face? Anything happen when we are gone? And why is there a fireworks?" Jimin asked as soon he and Ji Eun reach the park.

"We will tell you about it later. Well.. it seems we have another lovebirds over here." Jin said while looking at both Jimin and Ji Eun. Almost immediately, both Jimin and Ji Eun let go of their hands which they have been holding.

"What you mean by another lovebirds Jin oppa?" Ji Eun asked curiously, not aware of what just happen.

"Well.. see for yourself, look at Jung-Hae couple there." Jin pointed to the Jung-Hae couple direction.

"Ahhhh arraso, yah, tell me every single detail back in our dorms later on." Jimin asked them.

"Arraso, though it's even better if you've seen it live" Suga told him while adjusting his hair.

"Don't worry, our manager hyung over there have recorded everything, as a momento for Jungkook. and guess who asked him to? Me! Clever huh?" V said proudly.

"Wah, aigoo, luckily it was recorded, Jungkook might want something to remind him of his first love. Uri Taehyung so clever." Hoseok said while messing up V's hair.

Jungkook wheeled Eun Hae back to the members, who has been watching everything that happened. Jungkook who was blushing, couldn't make eye contact with his hyungs afraid that he'll be made fun of. Eun Hae kept looking down on the ground not making eye contact to anyone.

"Thank you for visiting me. I barely know all of you personally and you all visited me like I'm someone special to you all. I'm really thankful to be able to spend my last few moments with Jungkook oppa and the rest of the BTS oppas and also with my bestfriend JI Eun who has been with me ever since I'm diagnosed with this sickness. Thank you once again everyone." Eun Hae finally looked them in the eyes and sincerely thanked them.