002

My Twenties

Joshua really couldn't stop staring at that boy with the glowing smile and hair framing his face and he didn't really know why.

He thought he looked like the nicest person ever and he was truly, well, angelic.  Joshua knew he wanted to become his friend, but for some reason when he stood up to walk over to the boy his legs turned into jelly.

What the heck?  He thought.  He couldn't possibly be nervous to talk to him because after all, he was normally very sociable.  Joshua shook his head and shrugged it off.  Taking a deep breath, he approached the table where the angelic boy was laughing with two other students.  Joshua was just about to introduce himself...

"Ok class, please take your seats!"  The teacher interrupted, entering the room.  Joshua internally sighed and sat down, but only for a short amount of time.

"I understand we have a student who is new to the country, all the way from America!  Please come up here and introduce yourself!"  The teacher announced.  Joshua nodded politely and stood at the front of the room.

"Hello everyone my name is Hong Jisoo, but you can call me Joshua!  I'm from California in the United States!"  He introduced himself for the nth time that day.  With his signature charming smile, and a quick bow, he went to take his seat.  But not without noticing a certain set of eyes locked right on his.  Joshua hesitated, and the angelic boy flashed him a crooked smile.  Joshua sat down like normal, but inside his heart was screaming.

Just what was wrong with him?

He decided not to think about it too much and pay attention to the lesson.  Every so often he would feel eyes penetrating the back of his head and as he turned around to look, a certain someone would snap their head in the other direction.  Joshua chuckled.  Cute.

After class as he got up to leave, he was stopped.

 "Hey there, sorry but I saw you wanted to talk to me and my friends before class and you were interrupted."  Joshua looked up and he thought he was going to die right then and there.  The boy was so pretty.  And his voice was beautiful.

"I'm Jeonghan!  Since you're new here, don't be afraid to come to me if you ever need help getting around."  Jeonghan took Joshua's shaking hand in his and shook it firmly.  "Actually, want me to walk you to your next class?"

Was this actually happening?  Joshua felt like he was in a dream.  How was it that this absolutely perfectly polite human being was talking to him?

C'mon Joshua you're supposed to be flying under the radar here not talking to the most attractive kid in the school!  He's probably super popular what if he's just taking pity on you???  He thought to himself.  That was a stupid thought, and he shook his head again in order to focus.

"Yeah, that would be great!"  Joshua finally answered, smiling brightly.  With that, the two took off for their last classes of the day, unfortunately however it wasn't a class they had together.  On the walk down Jeonghan pointed out random parts of the school that he thought were important and Joshua listened contently, becoming obsessed with the sound of the other's voice.

"So America huh?  That's pretty far, why did you move all the way here?"  Jeonghan asked randomly.

"To be closer to my family actually, but mainly for my dad's job."  Joshua answered.

"Is it hard living here?"

"It's been a little scary to tell you the truth, but since I know Korean it's not that bad.  The adjustments I have to make are huge though."  Joshua replied his voice a little shaky.  He didn't seem to notice a comforting hand tugging at his sweatshirt sleeve.

"Hey, let's be friends?  I'll help you feel more at home, so you have nothing to worry about!"  Jeonghan reassured him.  Joshua nodded and gave a shy "that would be great!" in response.

After their short walk to Joshua's classroom, Jeonghan gave a little wave and with that he was gone.  Joshua's heart wanted to explode.

 

-------------

Hellooo~

Sorry for the SUPER short chapter but I wanted to update as quickly as possible and get more of my ideas out there!

Thank you all soo much for all of the views and for subscribing and for your lovely comments they mean a lot to me and I hope I can continue to keep your interest!

See you in the next chapter!