Chapter 8: Fluttering Feelings

I Will Be Your Star 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8: Determination

Moonbyul POV

"G--goo--d morning, officer moonbyul!” A familiar high-pitched voice was heard. It made me breathless. It felt like my heart have stopped for a split second. “Yong sun?” Images of her kept popping up in my mind.

I thought to myself, “I’m just tired.” I tried convincing myself that what I have heard, was just an illusion. Until a loud clear voice snapped me out of my inner conflict. "Erm...I'm sorry for being late!”

Blue denim jeans, white pleated shirt, caramel brown hair. Everything seemed fine until I took a good look at her face. “This can’t be possible.” I froze. “Am I dreaming? Wait a minute. Calm down, calm down.” I pulled my head away and breathed deeply to clear my head. 

It felt as though my world was spinning out of control. "Oh sorry I was busy thinking about some cases. Can you please repeat everything again?" I wasn’t sure if this was just a ‘crazy’ dream or a miracle. 

We exchanged a few words, as if it was our very first meeting.

"I'm Solar! Nice to meet you!" This lucid dream just felt incredibly real. I was flustered when she reappeared in front of me, as Solar.  However, regardless of that, her bright wide smile as always makes my heart melt.

"Nice to meet you and you are actually early." I leaned in, close to her left ear and whispered into it.

I know, I'm playing with fire.

Miracles do happen. Maybe, I’m given a second chance? Well this time, I will protect you at all cost.

Flashback,

 “Moon Byul Yi, when will you be arriving!”

“Erm...in another 20 minutes. Sorry, I am caught up in a case.” Moonbyul was panting heavily.

“Hmph! keep your words.” She pouted.

“Yes, madam! I- ” Moonbyul saluted on the other end of the line. She couldn’t finished her next sentence as Solar hung up immediately.

“But I haven't completed my sentence though…” Moonbyul was a little disappointed. She grumbled softly. The chilly wind blew her hair back from her forehead. She leapt over the fence. “Freeze!” Shouting to the cornered target, she reached inside her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter