Chapter 13: The Old Solar

I Will Be Your Star 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13: The old Solar

{6 months back}

“May I help you?” A lady came forward to serve Moonbyul.

“Oh, I would like to have a pair of couple watches.” Moonbyul glanced through the large variety of displays.

“How about this latest design?” She recommended some.

“Erm…” Moonbyul was indecisive. “Can you help me engraved some words onto the back of the watches?” Moonbyul picked a pair of them.

“Sure.What would you like to engrave?” She passed moonbyul a piece of paper to write on.

A sweet grin appeared on moonbyul’s face as she writes down the words she wanted to tell Solar.

 

Day of incident,

“Sorry miss, we still need another 30 minutes to finish up.” That lady apologized.

“I do understand but I’m rushing for time. Please get it done as soon as possible. Thank you.” Moonbyul stared constantly at the clock hung on the shop’s wall. Time is ticking away. She’s gonna have to break her promise again.

“Here’s your watches. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.” She bowed.

 “I’m so dead.” Moonbyul frowned as she saw an incoming call from Solar.

“You are late again!” Solar’s voice was piercing her eardrum.

“I’m sorry.” Moonbyul felt bad for doing so. It just always happens. Something will always caught up whenever she has a plan with Solar.

“30 more minutes.” Moonbyul ran at full speed, pushing her way through the crowd.

“I’m sorry. Wait for me.” She assured Solar. Trying her best to reach there quickly.

After 15 mins of run, Moonbyul finally arrived at the Seoul festival.

She spotted a kid sitting alone at a corner.

“Hi.”Moonbyul went forward to see if she’s alright.

“Hi!” That kid greeted back with enthusiasm. She reminds moonbyul of Solar.

“What’s your name?” Moonbyul came up with an idea.

“I’m Eunji!” That girl smiled widely. She is adorable.   

“Eunji ah, can you do me a favor?” Moonbyul bent forward and asked for a helping hand.

“?”

“Can you help me to pass this present to a lady?” Moonbyul slided her hand into her back pocket and took out her wallet. She flipped through her wallet and showed Eunji, a picture of Solar.

“Ok!” Eunji accepted her favor immediately, without any second thoughts.

“Remember to call her, yong sun unnie.” Moonbyul emphasized Solar’s name and gave the box to Eunji.

“Bye!” Moonbyul waved goodbye to Eunji and continued to rush her way to Solar’s side.

 

“Yong sun unnie!” She caught a glimpse of Solar in the crowd from far and tapped her shoulder. Moonbyul couldn’t wait to see Solar’s surprised look later, when Eunji appears. However, things wasn’t going smoothly. Solar didn’t turn around. She continued to ignore moonbyul. Solar’s first and last sentence, face-to-face on that day,” Is this the end for us?”

Moonbyul froze instantly. She knew that she should be prepared for this moment. Flashbacks, short clips of what she overheard at twinkle stars kept replaying in front of her. In the end, moonbyul was still mentally unprepared.

Even before Moonbyul could do anything, Solar have already stomped away. “I don’t want to end like this…” Moonbyul murmured to herself. “Wait a minute!” She rushed forward to stop Solar. The place was congested with people. It was hard to pull Solar back. With great amount of effort, Moonbyul finally got hold of Solar’s hand. “Yong sun unnie! It’s dangerous to walk alone in such a crowded place.” Moonbyul was anxious of Solar’s safety.

“Yong sun unnie! Yong sun unnie!” She shouted at the top of her lungs, as she witnessed Solar’s back disappearing into the crowd. “Babo…Why did you push me away?” She stared at her own hands uselessly, trying to hold back her tears.

Ring! Ring! Moonbyul phone rang just at that moment.

“Hello?” It was a private phone number. “Hello?” Moonbyul repeated herself. The surroundings was way too noisy. She had problem hearing what the caller was saying.

“Seoul…slasher…be careful…” Moonbyul couldn’t hear completely nor clearly, what he said. “……..” The other party hung up fast. “Slasher? In Seoul?” Moonbyul tried to recall and figure out what the mysterious caller was saying. Not giving her the time to think, a scream was heard from streets away. People began running towards her direction. Everyone was panicking. What have happened?

Moonbyul ran against the crowd flow, trying to see what was going on. “Ahh!” A middle aged lady was screaming as she struggled to escape. A man in full black was holding on to a metal bat. He was chasing after that lady, swinging his bat with joy.

“Police, Freeze!” Moonbyul pointed her gun at him, she dashed towards them. He swung his bat at the lady’s stomach and ran away swiftly. “Are you ok?” Moonb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter