Chapter 3: The Talented Moon

I Will Be Your Star 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3: The talented moon

2 days after investigating the crime scene,

"So what have you all got?" Uncrossing her arms, Moonbyul leaned forward and rested her arms on the desk. 

" The victim , Seoyeon, is 20 this year. A metal bat and an 8 inch knife were found at the crime scene." Officer joong kook reported.

"There is no fingerprints found on both weapons." Officer heechul added on.

"Here's the pictures ." Officer joong kook flashed out the various pictures taken from different points of view.

Solar quietly slipped into the meeting room, carrying a tray heaped with freshly brewed coffee. She served it to them in paper cups.

Moonbyul glanced up from her paper, staring at Solar's direction. "Thank you." Moonbyul said in a soft whisper, before shifting her gaze away.

Moonbyul had deeper thoughts after analyzing the pictures. "This knife looks branded. It's a sashimi knife.Normally, only professional chefs possess this type of knife. The key point is that most chefs have a habit of engraving their names on their knife." 

"Okay, we will try to see if we can find any names on it." Officer joong kook thought ;" As expected from the rising star!"

"We have also found a few footprints in the crime scene which we believe, belongs to the victim and the criminal." Officer heechul continued reporting.

"What's the shoe size?" Moonbyul lifted the picture of the criminal's footprint .

" Size 10." Officer heechul replied .

After a brief look at the picture,Moonbyul pointed out."It's a guy with an estimated height of 186 plus/minus 5 cm." 

"How do you know?" Solar asked with a blank look. 

"The shape indicates that that's a guy shoe. " She paused a moment. "As for the estimated height...try figuring it out." Moonbyul whispered the second sentence into Solar's ear.

Solar pursed her lips into a little pout. She felt light-headed because of Moonbyul's sudden intimate gesture again.

"Based on the pattern of the sole, it seems like a pair of slip-resistant shoes.They are ideal for restaurant workers." Moonbyul reluctantly shifted herself away from Solar and continued her reasoning.

"Officer heechul do check out all the japanese restaurants near the crime scene and officer joong kook you will look out for the engraved name." Moonbyul gave the orders.

She raised the cup, took a sip and choked. The coffee left a bitter taste in . Her brows scrunched and her eyes squinted. "Is this supposed to black coffee?" She asked carefully. 

Everyone turned to look at Solar.She pinched her chin. "Did I...forget to add in the sugar?" Solar replied awkwardly. Low, husky chuckles reverberated through the room. The tense atmosphere seemed to lighten up.

She lifted up her file, hiding her red face behind it. Moonbyul patted her on the shoulder, offering some form of comfort.

Moonbyul signalled to officer minhyuk to continue the discussion.

"Oh yes, we have took some pictures of the crowd and questioned some of them." Officer minhyuk pasted up the pictures on the whiteboard.

"Sooyoung-ssi said she knew the victim. Seoyeon was her university classmate.She said that seoyeon was the flirty type who had many boyfriends at the same timing. Seoyeon isn't close with the girls in her class. She heard that seoyeon's relationships have never lasted more than 1 month before. There is a rumour saying that she intentionally breaks up on the first month anniversary." Officer minho explained further.

"So it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter