Chapter 10: Twinkle Stars

I Will Be Your Star 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10: Twinkle stars

“Wow we have finally reached!!” Solar stretched out her sore arms and rotated her stiff shoulders.

The five hours straight road trip had seeped away everyone's energy.

“I’m deadbeat.” The officers were busy loosening their tight muscles.

Solar briefly looked around; “Where’s officer moonbyul?”

“She was here a while ago though.” Officer minhyuk pointed to the empty spot right beside him.

Ding Ding~

“Go on and check in first. I’m taking a short walk around the area. I will meet up with you guys 30 mins later.”

“That’s what she said.” L read out his phone message to them.

“Ok…” Solar gave a slow nod, turned back and dragged her feet into the homestay.

“Welcome to twinkle stars!!” A lady with braided hair greeted them with an energetic voice.

“Hi, I’m Solar. I’ve booked 3 rooms online.” Solar showed the lady, the relevant documents.

“Oh yes, hi. “The lady paused for a moment. “You can call me, Katie.” She added on, putting on a smile.

1 day ago,

“Yes twinkle stars, Katie speaking!!”

“Hi Katie, I’m Moonbyul.”

“Moonbyul?! It’s been a long time since you called me!” Katie replied in a surprised tone.

“It sure is. Many things have happened recently, I couldn’t find a time to revisit twinkle stars.”

“Oh I see. When are you coming back with Yong sun?” Katie still remembers about that two dusty lonely toys, left at a corner collecting dust.

“There’s something I need your help with.” Moonbyul voice softened, her heart was aching very badly.

“Sure.” Katie could sensed that something has happened.

“Yong sun have lost her memory. She’s now known as Solar apparently. Solar have chanced upon twinkle stars and wants to visit your place. However, I have not tell her anything about us at all since she couldn’t remember. We will be visiting your place tomorrow. So I hope you can help me out and pretend not to know her.” Moonbyul bit her lips.

“Oh gosh! Alright, I will respect your decision. Hope everything is fine for you.” What else could Katie think of to comfort Moonbyul? 

“Thank you. See you tmr then.” Moonbyul couldn’t force herself to sound delightful, at the other end of the line.

Meanwhile,

“The fresh air here is great as always.” Moonbyul stretched her arms and inhaled deeply, the fragrance of blooming flowers.

She took a detour into the nearby forest. The roaring of a distant waterfall filtered through the chirping. She sat cross-legged on the rock, lean over backwards and gazed up at the sky.

The white fluffy clouds, clear blue sky, warm and cozy sun painted a perfect picture before her eyes.

At that moment, everything felt so peaceful.

“Solar…” Moonbyul called out quietly, reaching out for the sun. Her eyes drifted closed along with the sound of the wind rustling through trees.

“Wil-l y-ou be my…” Those rapid, shallow breathing made her felt like she was running out of breath. “Why are you stuttering?” Yong sun naively replied, busy devouring her strawberry ice cream. “Girlfriend…” Moonbyul blurted out spoke the word softly and took a step back.

“Can you say it again?” Yong sun couldn’t catch what moonbyul said. “Will you be my girlfriend?”Moonbyul forced the words out of .

Her hands were trembling. She didn’t dare to look up as she heard no response. The quiet awkward atmosphere felt overbearing for her. “I’m sorry.” She apologised quickly and ran away as fast as she could. She dashed down the slope.

Thud! Thud! Thud!

Loud footsteps could be heard following behind her. Not long after, she felt a pair of arms locking around her waist from behind. “Yes I Do!!” A voice whispered into her right ear loudly. It wasn't even a whisper anymore.

“…”Moonbyul who was lost for words, buried her face into her hands as her eyes welled up with tears. Yong sun embraced her tighter. She rose to her tiptoes and rested her chin on Moonbyul’s shoulder. “Moon Byul Yi, I'm falling for you.” Yong sun properly whispered, in a soft gentle voice. Her chest pressed tightly against moonbyul’s back. She gave moonbyul a light kiss on the cheek. 

Moonbyul laughed and wiped her tears away." Then I will catch you as you fall.” She said as she sniffed. A broad, satisfied smile spread over her face. 

After Moonbyul finally regained her composure, she questioned Yong sun. "Hold on, where's your ice cream?" Moonbyul sniffed again. Yong sun awkwardly pointed upwards, back at the spot where moonbyul had confessed to her earlier on. A couple who strolled past have accidentally stepped onto that splattered ice cream."Hey, who the hell made a huge mess here! What the-" They cursed angrily. "..." Silently, moonbyul and yong sun turned their back away. Moonbyul interlocked her fingers over Yong sun's and escaped guiltily. 

She cracked into a genuine smile as she recalls how foolish they were back then.

Ring~Ring~

Her phone rang, breaking the silence, snapping her out of her reminiscing. “Yes?” She swiped her screen fast. “Officer Moonbyul, I’m Solar.”

“Solar?” She sounded surprised.

“Yes. Erm...just checking what time will you be back?” Solar was lying. She just wanted to hear moonbyul’s addictive voice. Images of moonbyul kept popping up in her mind, causing her mind to be so distracted. She was checking her phone every now and then, waiting for a call or a text to appear. However, nothing has showed up. She stared intensely at her contact list, tapping her foot out of frustration. Finally, she couldn’t hold back anymore and pressed against Moonbyul’s name.

“In another 10 minutes. I’m heading back now.” Moonbyul rose, brushing dust off her clothes.

“Oh i see...” Solar dragged on as she didn’t feel like hanging up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter