(Book 1 END) Chapter 15: The moment of truth

I Will Be Your Star 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys, this marks the ending of IWBYS #1 *tears* I'm already planning the storyline for IWBYS #2, so do anticipate for it~ I will continue part 2 in here so that you guys won't be confused:) See you soon! 

 

(End of Book 1) Chapter 15: The moment of truth

“Yong sun ssi, how long are you gonna sleep?” Minhyuk swung his bat low, smashing the cylinder hard. Kwang! Kwang! Kwang! Solar was trapped in the cylinder with her feet chained to the ground. It’s the type of cylinder used in pneumatic vacuum elevator. “This is the sound of anger and frustration. “ He said with a low deep shaky voice, his eyes filled with rage.

“What are you trying to do?” Moonbyul shouted. “Minhyuk, stop it!” She kicked the chair near her. Her arms were securely wrapped with the chains. Only her legs could move freely. She was stuck to ground by steel chains tied on her. “Please leave her alone!” She begged, her voice strained.

Solar struggled to open her eyes. “Officer minhyuk?” Solar rubbed her eyes in confusion. She couldn’t grasp the situation.

“Don’t look at me with those pitiful eyes!” Minhyuk covered his eyes with one hand, clenching the other. “It’s time for the old you to come back.” He stomped to the table nearby and lifted his laptop. “Look clearly.” He shifted it near the cylinder. “And then you will find out the truth.”

“Yejin ah, happy birthday!”

“Hurry up and make a wish!”

“Let’s stay as best friends!”

“Let’s not forget one another!”

Minhyuk blasted the sound. Solar's eyes dulled.Yejin's almond-shaped eyes were indeed beautiful. Her crimsoned lips were pursed and her hair was tied up in a loose, messy bun on top of her head. “My beautiful precious bride…” He murmured his words. Turning on the tap, water started gushing into the cylinder.

“Argh…” Solar exclaimed, clutching her forehead. She felt her eyes cloud with tears, her vision flickering.

“What the hell are you doing? Stop it! That's enough!” Moonbyul was outraged. She tried to get up off her knees but her legs had no strength. Blood smeared her forehead as she lost her balance and fell forward. Moonbyul threw her head from side to side and grunted. Sweat mixed with blood dripped into her eyes. She blinked rapidly, glaring at him through stinging eyes. 

“Oppa! Yong sun ah! Saranghae---” Yejin’s voice died down as the sound of a car screeching to halt cuts into the dialogue. “No!!” Solar covered her ears and sank down to sit on the wet floor. Her breath came in short gasps and tears seeped from her tormented eyes. She closed her eyes and lifted her face to the ceiling. Her hair fell loosely about her shoulders.

Bang!!! Her car spun, crashing into a truck. White smoke bellowed out from under the hood. The atmosphere grew tense. After fumbling to release the seat belt, she finally unbuckled her belt and turned toward Yejin. Her body quivered with shock with what she had seen. “Yejin…” Solar mouthed her name. 

At last, those painful memories resurfaced infront of my eyes. My head felt heavy. A burst of pain erupted all over my body as I tried to release my seatbelt.The right side of my face was covered in glistening crimson.

“Yejin?” I turned around, horrified to see the blood gushing from her open wound. A steel tube penetrated through her chest. I felt a deep sense of guilt.  

“Yong sun…” With great effort, she lifted her arm and clasped my hand. Her voice came out in a faint, raspy whisper. When our eyes met, she tilted her head slightly, her eyes squinted nearly shut. Upon seeing my crumpled face, she forced a smile. "This isn't your fault." She coughed, gasping for air. Her skin as pale as ice, losing the rosy complexion it had before. 

Before continuing she took several deep, steadying breaths and then forced her words out. "Please take care of my brother." Her pupils dilated. Her grip on my hand loosened, as she settled into a deep sleep. I clasped her tiny hand tight. With a lump in the throat, my voice strained. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” I apologized over and over again. Blood dribbled down my chin, and painted my lips scarlet red. 

Hand in hand, we sat in silence for a long while. When the flashing lights approach in my side view mirror, I shifted my eyes to her for the very last time. After a short pause, i cried out in agony. "Goodbye, my dear friend." I slowly withdrew my eyes from her face, gradually lapsing into a coma, my body being covered with a cold sweat.

 

Solar screamed in disbelief, "It’s all my fault!" Traumatized by her loss, her face contorted in anguish. Despite the water rushing into the cylinder, she sat still, hugging her knees to her chest. Her eyes were empty like black holes. Right before the water engulfed her, a distant voice called out loudly, "Kim yong sun! You gotta live on for me and yejin! " Solar's eyes widened at her words.

"Keep shining on my behalf, yong sun ah." Yejin's final words echoes in her mind. She nodded, and then her heart lightened a little.

He swung his attention towards moonbyul. A faint smile quirked up the corner of his mouth. Moonbyul groaned with frustration as he leisurely strolls towards her.

He bent down, untied her, grabbed her arm in a tight grip and lifted her up. He seized her throat and threw a punch at her. She fell flat on her face. Then, before moonbyul could retaliate with his arms locked securely around her neck, he hauled her back to her feet. She spat a mouthful of blood, gasping with pain.

From the corner of her eye, solar saw moonbyul grimacing in pain. Solar straightened up with fire in her eyes. She drew a deep breath and screamed out,"Don't hurt her!" 

Moonbyul bit her lower lip, scratching his arm with her fin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter